just wondering about the graphics

Azrael

Prowler
Society
KAOS
Azrael Omega D'Morte
I've played and seen MMORPGs that have more "Rounded" avatars and just better graphics in general. Are the graphics here a little sub-standard because of the point and click type of combat? For less server load and lag ?

Dont get me wrong, I do enjoy the game so far, just think my avatar running emty-handed looks a little like a hunchbacked neandertal in third person view. There is also some problems like where neck of shirt meets avatar neck that is sort of jagged. And if I wear just an Armor harness over a jacket, there is a blank space between arms and armor.

And speaking of armor, seems mostly like same pattern with different colors. Has MA mentioned anything about more design type or graphics upgrades ?

Thanks
Azrael

Mainly i think this game just is working with an older engine. Most MMO games now a days are coded VERY recently (in programming terms 1 or 2 years dev) and this one has been active for 10 years now. There have been obvious improvements to the graphics, but the core engine can only be changed so much.

I think the best thing about this game is the gameplay and the world. I have played [edit: another popular MMO game] and find the graphics a million times better, but i still play this full time.

Suicide

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. The gameplay is what has me logging in. And dont get me wrong, the graphics arent real bad, just not what I'd been seeing on some other games (edited by Az).

Thanks
Azrael

Last edited:
I think most games have very preset and optimized avatars when compared to ones in PE which have lots of parameters and variation. :)

Just a side note, as we dont allow discussion of other mmorpg's here please try not to mention them or i would have to lock/delete this thread. :wise:

...As for the armor types, yes, 3 general types/designs (so far).

1.) Masked design

2.) Helmet design (basic)

3.) Helmet design (Like Eon, Sala, and Jag)

Back