Land grabs "The Dynamic way" ;)

Would you like this sort of Land Grab Initiative?

• Love it

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Could work

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Dont like it

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Dont like the Idea cause : Freelancer, Not a figher, small soc, Not interested in land claims.

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pogo

Old Alpha
Banned
Society
~~~~~~~~Ex TDO
PoGo
Ok bear with me now. Conventional land grabs are a one off event which entitles the winners to hold the land for 9months right ! ? And then it all happens again yes.

Ok so here is what I thought would fit in perfectly with FPC’s “Dynamic” approach to everything in this game just about.

So lets say there is a piece of land which can be won, except the twist here is that the land can only be kept for as long as the activation points are guarded (preventing other teams form sneaking up and taking the marker and the land once they activate all markers) So it will be a constant effort by the teams to guard and keep the land from falling out of their possession thus making the whole land grab idea much more fun, challenging (Some are afraid of challenges I know).

1.Perhaps have a set or more of markers all of which needs to be activated to claim the land.
2. Upon activation the winning team is guaranteed ownership for say a week during which time they make money from the land (if players actually mine or hunt there) into their soc account or whichever suitable means is available. This will be automatically logged by FPC as a 7Day Dynamic Ownership Deed.
3. After one week the markers all become open for re-activation. The holding team cannot re activate the marker and will from that point on have to constantly guard all the markers.
The 7day deed get extended for the holding soc only until another team re-activates the beacons or markers.
4. If there are say 4 beacons and a opposing ops team (or whatever) manages to say activate just one beacon then that entitles that soc to take the % associated with just that or those beacons (mining and other taxes)
5. Claiming anything less than all four beacons (if say there were only 4) the team whom has activated the one or two beacons only, can then receive a let’s say 3Day Dynamic Ownership Deed Claim only. After that it is opens for re-activation by another team again and must be guarded by the holding team.

I just think this will give some smaller soc’s a chance to hold land or at least an opportunity to covertly topple ownership of at least one beacon if not all. Yes stronger teams will most probably fend off any intruders who come to close to the beacons. But herein lies the dynamic part of this system. They can be caught of guard and that’s the key to this idea here to make it more dynamic as apposed to a all our 9month hold on the land. I am not proposing tis for all land area’s, but maybe just for one piece of land which is managed this way. Obviously i havent thought this through ads the idea just came to me so just keep an open mind if ya can ;)

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
A little complex for the way MA works ;)

Other than that, if a team doesn't make enough ped in the 9months to cover the ammo costs (usually) then the only real reason to hold the LA would be the brag factor but this would soon wear off.

i think this makes la's less interesting.. this adds -again- a chance to lose money
Posted via Mobile Device

i think this makes la's less interesting.. this adds -again- a chance to lose money
Posted via Mobile Device

Personally i cant see how this sort of idea is "less interesting" than the current 9Month arrangement, never mind LA#s where nothing goes on. If anything it will create much needed entertainment and challenges. As far as ammo spend is concerned then really many waste ammo on much less worthy causes. Where you say it adds a chance to loose money, i say it adds a chance make money and bragging rights as the previous poster mentioned. if anything this sort of idea makes things a whole lot more interesting. Sorry i just dont see how this sort of initiative makes a LA "Less Interesting" than some of them already are! :scratch2:

Personally i cant see how this sort of idea is "less interesting" than the current 9Month arrangement, never mind LA#s where nothing goes on. If anything it will create much needed entertainment and challenges. As far as ammo spend is concerned then really many waste ammo on much less worthy causes. Where you say it adds a chance to loose money, i say it adds a chance make money and bragging rights as the previous poster mentioned. if anything this sort of idea makes things a whole lot more interesting. Sorry i just dont see how this sort of initiative makes a LA "Less Interesting" than some of them already are! :scratch2:

I think you might be missing out on how much an landgrab costs a soc and how much a LA earns with perfect management.
The additional costs on having to defend an LA are not economical feasable, an LA does not make more than 2-3K per month.

sounds kinda like the oil rig

Back