Help: Lapot recommendation

Fund Manager

Guardian
Society
www.eifund.net
Virtual FOND Manager
I am looking for a new laptop and asking therefore if the community can recommend a specific machine.

I would like to run EU in the best mode that is possible

That's going to be tough. Not that many laptops can play in the best mode.

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X505-850 and it can. Your key is processor, videocard, memory. Mine has a Nvidia 250GTM but it uses DDR5 memory so I get the same perf as a normal 260. Also has Intel i7 processor and 6Gb system ram.

There's a few by Alienware, I think a Sager. Dell might have one out by now.

Alienware is always good

and others than that most top end ones will do, but if you are only gonna use it at home and rarly move it around, get an stationary computer, its cheaper and its better.

I agree with the above poster...

ALIENWARE

My boss just got one, and it is absolutely amazing. If you dont mind the 7K price tag!

;)

**PS - this machine runs EU better than most desktops I have seen, and has face recognition security. Thats right, to access the laptop, it scans your face... thats worth the money right there! hahaha (Hops off singing the mission impossible theme)**

Alienware is really nice I think. And the m15x or someting is really good bang for bucks.
I was gonna buy it, untill I heard how long it'd take to ship and I really didnt have the time to wait that long. So I went for a Clevo(or sager) laptop (barebone), good quality and you can adjust the components as you like.
I'd go for an i7 proc, nice chunk of ram and a gt280 or something gfx card :)

I was gonna get an alienware M17 except the nutcase price tags for what they are. Not to mention now Dell has their fingers in the pie.

You can custom build one for like half the price starting with a bare bones Asus and adding what ya want from there. With asus you can go either intel or amd, ati or nshitttya what ever floats yer boat. home builts will alway be better as you get what YOU want not what some idiot in an office thinks you want. Not to mention it wont be a disease ridden spyware snoop on everyclick and move piece of crap.

Prefabs suck monkey balls until you gut em and sadly what yer taking out is what costs the extras to beginwith.

Sager. Thats all i can say.

Yes. I do recommend La pot. I find it is very nice. /french accent

:silly2:

My son has a ASUS G72GX by Gamers Republic. Cost just under $1300.00 at bestbuy It runs it all. GL

Back