Laptops-Quick question

mj moh a'ii

Young
Society
Freelancer
mj moh a'ii
Hello All,

Does anybody know if the following laptop is video card upgradeable?

Inspiron 15
Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T4300 (2.1GHz/800MHz FSB/1MB cache), Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Thanks in advance ;)

from my own experience no laptops have upgradable video cards. most you can upgrade is the RAM

this is because of the size of the shell they are in

I could be wrong but all i have seen you cannot upgrade card

Most likely not.

since the fan on my own gfx card in my laptop just broke down I asked about this at some stores, so far no real service places.
And they told me it's possible with my card (Nvida7600GO) but would be to expensive to justify.
But if you are going to buy it new, isn't it possible to upgrade from the start? or get another version with almost the same setup as this one?

But I'm looking to replace the fan only, so if anyone know any good service places in Göteborg please let me know :)

Since Sweden is in the EU, if it is a laptop younger than 2 years you still have warranty without any costs to you, if it is still under normal lifetime (which is about 3-5 years) they also must fix it under warranty but you have to prove that it wasn't your fault but theirs.

I would send Dell an mail and ask them if it is possible, it depends though.

Upgrading is possible as long as there are gfx cards that is made to fit in the system, some manufacturers have the opportunity upon buying an laptop or PC to customize what you want inside it, but unless they don't have a card that fits it wont, and it might be cheaper to buy an new laptop all in all :p

You can't upgrade video cards because laptops have on board video, but if you are looking for added performance, you could always add RAM. Since that laptop video cards use the same RAM as the rest of the computer, you could add some, and then allocate more to video processing.

short answer no, long answer yes. I have an inspiron too and looked into it. very few had upgradable vid cards. If not, some inspirons you could still upgrade, make a slight mod to the case, and make sure you heat sinks are not blocked and it can be done, but it was kinda like open heart surgery and not for the average computer person.

You COULD upgrade a laptop but you would need to be a laptop professional! The main thing you can upgrade is ram normally.

Back