Legends' 1st Question: Land Plots

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
In December of last year we saw a complete re-arrangement and some new design elements introduced to the 4 Land Plot settlements on Calypso:

Livas got a large square stone structure added in the middle where the Teleporter is located:
livas_2.jpg

Southern Ithaca also got the same large square stone structure added in the middle of the settlement:
ithaca_2.jpg

Hestia has some new Plots scattered throughout the settlement with new Plot/Estate Terminals on them:
hestia.jpg

Isle of Troy also has some new Plots scattered with Plot Terminals and Estate Terminals on them:
isle_of_troy.jpg

Up until now, these Land Plots are not useful to anyone, there are no terminals there, the blueprints which used the transgen fruits have stopped dropping long ago, so the fruits from gardening have no longer any use... And some players have invested quite a bit to level their Plots but no new buildings or features have yet been unlocked on them, which means the only building that can be made is a snug, which is a small house that has 30 item points and no item trade... To date, these settlements haven't had any real purpose or use, to anyone.

But based on the recent changes made last December, I would have to assume that MindArk does indeed have a plan for these settlements, I would go so far as to say that these recent changes were made in preparation for some new content and features that is about to be released (this year) for these settlements. I have a hunch that these large stone structures in the middle of Livas and Southern Ithaca have a future planned purpose, just like those Plot Terminals at Hestia and Isle of Troy.

So much could be done with these settlements, so many different concepts, it's really hard to figure out which way you are going to go with them. I was thinking that you might enable Privateers to land on planets and make settlements their loading/offloading locations, that you might make some story line missions take people to settlements to complete certain objectives. Maybe there will be a polling station located at each settlement where players can voice their opinion about things. Perhaps some settlement specific trade terminals. Player owned instances ... So many possibilities.

So my question is: Is there anything you can tell us about what new content/features are coming in the near future for Land Plots? Could you please give us a sneak peak, or share with us some information about what you have planned for the settlements?

And I hope you don't mind but I would like to just add a follow-up question to that in case it is not addressed in your answer.

Soon after (about 1 month I think) Gardening was released, along with the Adapted Isis gun Blueprints that use the Transgen Fruit as ingredients, Loot 2.0 and the ArMatrix series of guns were released. When that happened, the Adapted Isis gun Blueprints practically stopped dropping. Now those Blueprints are practically non-existent except for the ones that people have saved since then. So as a result, most of us that do Gardening to level up our Plots have large stockpiles of Transgen Fruits with no opportunity to use them or sell them.

Follow-up question: Will there be more uses introduced soon for the Transgen Fruits?

Thanks for your time

Legends

I might also mention that during these developments many plots were rotated into a worse position.

Will they be rotated back at any time?

I'm really disappointed by this reply... Obviously I spent a lot of time on this question, many hours in fact. I understand that it's a very long post but I wanted to make sure that my question was very clear and would get the consideration it should get.

Yet, you chose to ignore it and just give a link to another thread where a similar question was answered, but it's not really the same question. Big_Daddy simply asked "What happened with land plot idea?", whereas I asked you very specifically "What is the plan for Land Plot development". You point to the other answer which just says "The next phase of land plot development hasn't been implemented yet", which does not answer my question.

And still, if you really didn't want to answer that question, you could have at least looked at my follow-up question and maybe said something about that:

And I hope you don't mind but I would like to just add a follow-up question to that in case it is not addressed in your answer.

Soon after (about 1 month I think) Gardening was released, along with the Adapted Isis gun Blueprints that use the Transgen Fruit as ingredients, Loot 2.0 and the ArMatrix series of guns were released. When that happened, the Adapted Isis gun Blueprints practically stopped dropping. Now those Blueprints are practically non-existent except for the ones that people have saved since then. So as a result, most of us that do Gardening to level up our Plots have large stockpiles of Transgen Fruits with no opportunity to use them or sell them.

Follow-up question: Will there be more uses introduced soon for the Transgen Fruits?

Thanks for your time

Legends

This is a big problem right now for Gardening. What's the point of gardening if the fruits cost 250-300% of tt cost of ingredients to produce if there is no use for them? I think it's actually disrespectful that you didn't at least acknowledge the problem, or say that you will look into it... I'm not the only one who brought this up, at least 1 other player brought it up in this AMA (the lack of Blueprints) and you also evaded his question...

Legends

Back