Less Painful Play

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
i've been skilling in crafting doing 1k tries at a time and it's been realy killing my hand. Now there is the whole auto clicker issue and that MA "doesn't support it". I dont want to use an auto clicker or want to be able to skill up away from my computer. What i would like is just that in game when you Hold Down your mouse button it would sort of auto click and mabey you could pick a interval in options or something that would be sort of reasonable so that mabey it wouldn't be quite as fast as doing it yourself but less painful.
I dont want this to become about auto-clicker programs more about should something like this be implemented as part of PE and to get rid of the auto-clicker issue all together.

Well Rex, thats an interesting idea, but still comes back to autoclicking in a way. But if MA integrates it in PE... it will no longer only be tolerated but accepted. I'm not sure if everyone would agree on such a thing but i think it would be a improvement and it wold be less painfull :)

Greetz

it kinda fits in the discussion we're having on "to autoclick or not to autoclick..:"

True, i'm sure MB will lock this post and ship it there ;)

Greetz

They use to have it setup some time Pre Gold don't ask me exactly when. But when you held the mouse button down it auto fired and or clicked. They removed it.

Faustian said:
They use to have it setup some time Pre Gold don't ask me exactly when. But when you held the mouse button down it auto fired and or clicked. They removed it.

People.. taped the mousebutton down`? :D

Maybe they did that because if autofired you'd lose some stuff of if your mouse was sensible , you'd do it not on purpose and loose money that way :(

I also found another reason... you have to work hard to earn your hof :)

Greetz

Skam said:
People.. taped the mousebutton down`? :D
no idea scam but it was a feature at one point....
I can't remember who told me about it... Anda maybe...

Faustian said:
no idea scam but it was a feature at one point....
I can't remember who told me about it... Anda maybe...

DONT CALL ME SCAM DAMMIT
:sniper: :umn: :cussing: :bomb:

Ya could get confusing :p

Greetz

lmao @ skam ;)

anywhoo if MA doesnt want to have issues with the autoclicker, they should have the option to hold down that key to do stuff over and over. Or at least they should just make it so you can hold down some key aside from the mouse button so you dont waste ammo. For example you could use the shift key?

Last edited:
skill crafting can be a beating, but holding down your mouse would be just as annoying in my opinion.

i have seen people asking for a "manufacture all" button as well. but, in that case, people would just buy tons and set it crafting on autopilot all day.

i think we just have to suck it up and click away.

Easy answer:

Make crafting machines so that you can craft in batches. Just add "craft all" button which crafts from all the materials put into material box.

batch crafting = not what MA wants.

The problem with the game at the moment is that crafting does get seriously boring after a while... So, why not make it so there is more to do than just clicking a button? For Ex. Have small components (basic filters, pump, etc) all add together to make items... and you basically combine them into boxes in the crafting machines..

This would slow crafting down, but if you increase the chances of success i think it would make it a fair compromise, and it should be less boring if you see an item every time ;)

Believe me 10k ammo from a Mann MPH is as bad as crafting. :(

Took weeks for my finger to recover.

Yes there should be some sort of 'autofire' when button is held down, or how about a burst fire where you get 10 clickes in rapid succession (selectable time period of course) but the button must be released between bursts. That should stop the 'tape mouse button down' brigade while helping the old fingers a bit :)

Rusty

Basicly with a 'game' addictIve as this, and the fact we are 'customers' paying to use the facilities raises massive H&S implications...

Something must be done :wise:

*searches around for masking tape...

Back