Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hello!

I would like to ask all of you with a little spare time to:

1. Pick up a TT rifle
2. Note down all the TIRs
3. Start EL trackers combat log
4. Shoot the hell out of it (Sticking to one mob might be a good idea)
5. Note down how many shots you have fired, each time you get a tick (Don't forget to include the misses!)
6. Post your results here

So a post could look something like:
--
<Screenshot of TIRs>

0.1 at 243 shots
0.2 at 944 shots
0.3 at 1112 shots
1.5 at 9788 shots

I killed longtooth stalkers with it.
--

I will do as much as I can myself, but any input will be helpful. I will then put all the info into a fancy calc-sheet and not only try to figure it out myself, but share it with smart people here on PCF. Perhaps we will be able to figure something out, and then test it with other weapons.

A few hundred decayed weapons would be helpful, which is why I'm asking for help. Also, if possible, please stock up on the TT carbine, so MA don't end up changing it for something else and making further tests impossible.

Thanks in advance.

I've burned a couple hundred TT weapons (knives and powerfists), and I've noticed a powerfist with two-digit TIRs usually gets to tier 2.x, three-digit to 4.x and four-digit to 6.x.

The same TIR doesn't however mean the same for every weapon - TT knives rarely get even to tier 4.x.

might want to try to add in various factors as well (TT rifle with/without amp for instance, and maybe TT rifle vs various mob lvls)

That's a self crafted Herman ASI-7 Jungle 50 PED TT.
Entropia%202015-05-11%2020-50-16-62.jpg

By today is already Tier 8 and not even half TT burned

might want to try to add in various factors as well (TT rifle with/without amp for instance, and maybe TT rifle vs various mob lvls)

There are probably a ton of variables, yes. My idea was to gather data from one specific weapon and then comparing how TIRs effects the tiering. One could probably find out if there is an increase in difficulty within a tier, and also how much lower the probability is to get a tick at a higher tier.

Once that is done, one could compare that data to data from amped runs, to determine whether or not amps make a difference.

Furthermore one could make a trial for a different weapon and determine whether or not there is a set formula for the increase in difficulty. One could compare weapons as equal as possible as well.

One could do alot of stuff. But you need to start somewhere with something.

One could do alot of stuff. But you need to start somewhere with something.

very true. I will try to do 2 different tests over the next week (one relatively low TIR, one relatively high TIR) - solamate onyxo

Back