Level 40 Knifefighter unlocks Spacecraft Systems???

Chazlow

Alpha
Society
Kaos
Chaz
Simply need confirmation that Spacecraft Systems skill gains are not received after gaining Level 40 in Knifefighter hit or damage profs.

Makes no sense why it should, but want to confirm before removing it from Entropedia.

The cited source points to someone unlocking L40 knifefighter then Spacecraft systems due to a chip in when Gunner Dmg was lower than L5. At the time it was not known that L5 spacecraft engineer unlocked Spacecraft systems.

Imo the cited unlock was a coincidence of the chip in.

i dunno. but i have the skill and i'm over level 40 knifefighter... so who knows?

Simply need confirmation that Spacecraft Systems skill gains are not received after gaining Level 40 in Knifefighter hit or damage profs.

Why dmg???

Makes no sense why it should, but want to confirm before removing it from Entropedia.

The 2 twitter messages were within the same minute.

I agree, it makes no sense, but where do you know from that it was chipping?

The person could have re-unlocked coolness for instance, or gained level 40 naturally.

I would have already deleted it, but deleting based on assumptions is just as bad as adding/editing stuff based on assumptions.

At the time it was not known that L5 spacecraft engineer unlocked Spacecraft systems.

Thats wrong - go here, and once you've read this post scroll 3 (or 4) posts up.

Why don't you simply ask whoever's behind that twitter account (Cee/ChelaBias)?

Thats wrong - go here, and once you've read this post scroll 3 (or 4) posts up.

Why don't you simply ask whoever's behind that twitter account (Cee/ChelaBias)?

That indeed is the post in question.

There appears to be no mention of Spacecraft Engineer unlocking spacecraft systems - only that the skill components of spacecraft engineer were not fully resolved. I may have misread.

I thought a current independant test would confirm the finding quickly assuming a number of people have L40 Knifefighter (Hit). Given there has been no response I'll contact the tweeter.

Thx.

Clearly nonsense. Knifefighter is not in any way related to Spacecraft Systems or any other space skill. If it was, everyone's Knifefighter level would have changed when space was introduced.

Just in case there was any doubt, I can confirm that using shortblades does not give Spacecraft Systems skill.

Thanks Oleg, my sentiments exactly.

Entropedia amended.

Back