Limited items, Texturing and Colouring

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
I had a thought, yes my brain hurt, but I think it may solve a problem.

MA has been introducing Limited Vehicles which you can colour and texture. Now we have Chromatophore Limited armour and soon Limited Spacecraft.

The big issue, which I keep harping on about is that when the Limited coloured/textured item is decayed to damaged status you also lose the colours and textures you put on it. Which for Unlimited items is not the case.

What I am suggesting is that once the new Limited Vehicles/Armour/Spacecraft is decayed to damaged status you can extract the textures and colours to apply to the next Limited item. This retrieval system would only apply to limited items. Whereas if you bleach an unlimited item the colour/texture is lost permanently.

There is simply not enough supply of materials, not to mention the expense to apply high end colours and textures to Limited items when it is eventually lost to decayed damage status. I am aware that it is very hard to destroy a vehicle atm, but I think MA either releases unlimited modifiable vehicles/armour/spaceships or allows us some respite on the colours and textures we are losing to decay/damage status.

I really think that these Limited vehicles are Limiting creativeness! We are unlikely to see 3 fields of 100% black paint on any vehicle atm. Bring out the Unlimited vehicles and spaceships and it will be a Black paint frenzy!

I hope MA are listening!

Interesting idea... Subscribing as I am thinking about pros and cons myself.. :)

There is simply not enough supply of materials, not to mention the expense to apply high end colours and textures to Limited items when it is eventually lost to decayed damage status. I am aware that it is very hard to destroy a vehicle atm, but I think MA either releases unlimited modifiable vehicles/armour/spaceships or allows us some respite on the colours and textures we are losing to decay/damage status.

On the contrary, there is a huge oversupply of paint cans and textures, and as a result, no markup on these and painters / texturers going hungry.

I tt paint if I ever get 1 can at a time :laugh:

and not even count 1pec TT loss if coloring/texturing went bad and U have to bleach item...

This is just wrong. The paints and textures will have a more constant use now because the items they're used on won't last forever. Otherwise, you paint your A,B,C,D and that's it... most of the textures and L texture BPs go to visit uncle Trade Terminal anyways

>>The big issue, which I keep harping on about is that when the Limited coloured/textured item is decayed to damaged >>status you also lose the colours and textures you put on it. Which for Unlimited items is not the case.

imho this is completely intended by MA to make more paint used instead of beeing tt-ed

maybe if the extraction of colors would cost something that would be an option, so make it not worth doing that for the common colors but make it worth extracting for the rare ones :confused: maybe if the tool used to extract would decay for the tt value of the saved paint or something :scratch2:

ofc the issue is there that ppl wont use expensive customization on L items. I even know ppl who got nice vehicles but use others for daily use - just to not destroy the great looking one :eyecrazy:

Back