Little mining tool discovered

195 views and no comments .....

Personally, I would like something like this integrated into LBML.

well i dont really see the use in it... when i mine i use lbml with hexagrid mod on so i allways have the same spots where to mine and when i start at the same spot and carpet mine the area i dont have to think about anything... very easy and convenient

You don't need it if you use LBML anyway. It helps if you don't. Besides, in-game waypoints are utterly convenient. What is really missing is a way to create them from outside, so that they are directly recognized. Second Life can do that via URL.

You don't need it if you use LBML anyway. It helps if you don't. Besides, in-game waypoints are utterly convenient. What is really missing is a way to create them from outside, so that they are directly recognized. Second Life can do that via URL.

I modified your html a bit, (Im not a coder so I did a real piss-poor job) and dropped the coordinate pairs into Excel.

I must say, I am impressed with the spiral, the others .... meh...

Good Job Sir !!!

well i dont really see the use in it... when i mine i use lbml with hexagrid mod on so i allways have the same spots where to mine and when i start at the same spot and carpet mine the area i dont have to think about anything... very easy and convenient

OOOO. Im torn between customization (Excel) and convenience (LBML) ...

You want an output format for Excel? I had no idea folks would like this, but sure no problem. A link to an example for the layout would be helpful. Another tool I made already has spreadsheet output. Give me just a little time, need to finish another project first.

You want an output format for Excel? I had no idea folks would like this, but sure no problem. A link to an example for the layout would be helpful. Another tool I made already has spreadsheet output. Give me just a little time, need to finish another project first.

Dude it's cool, really ..... The minute I saw this, I grabbed the code, been looking for a way to do the hex spiral for ages..

My original spiral was real simple (cos(sqrt(h)*2*pi())*r (sin(sqrt(h)*2*pi())*r where x = the games current minute and r = radius.

It got really complex, so complex that I was able to predict where ores or entmatters were, with the unintended effect of dropping my chance to global to almost nothing.

It is not really a mathematical spiral, this would not yield optimum coverage. It is the same hex grid, just traversed in a different order. In a comment on top of the Javascript section is a link to a page where it's all explained, where I took the inspiration from.

Back