Localising the EntropiansIM client for other languages

Site Admin
Admin
The customised EntropiansIM client can quite readily be translated into other languages via a simple text file containing program phrase translations, for example:

Code:
message.search.for.contacts = Search for contacts.

If you wish to contribute to the translation of the EntropiansIM client into more languages, download the following text file:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/downloads/euim_localisation_phrases.txt

which includes the default English phrases.
Please keep all & symbols intact, as these are used by the software to insert buttons and variables.

I would suggest that interested members employ a custom Social Group for such projects, and collaborate with other native speakers. It is always a good idea to build consensus on translation projects, which helps to make the final translation product accurate and grammitcally correct in the target language.

If you create a social group for language translation, please post a link to your group in this thread, so that other members may join.

Finalised translations should be submitted to me via email: 711@entropiaforum.com. I will then review and include approved translations in the next version of the EntropiansIM client software.

:cool:

*poke, poke*
Psst! Permission to access the attached file was denied, please check user permissions. kthnxbye.

*poke, poke*
Psst! Permission to access the attached file was denied, please check user permissions. kthnxbye.

Thanks for the alert.

I have modified the original post with a link to the text file.

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm translating to Catalan

Last edited:
Hi, first, i cant register, i just keep getting this connection error (and no, my firewall is not blocking any incoming traffic).

Iam translating it into swedish anyway...

I'll tranlate to 1337 5p34k

can be a cool project :)

Public group: Entropians IM - 1337 5p34k

Lol is that "language" still being used? Last time i saw it it was a couple of kiddies just introduced to Back Orifice (was a couple of years ago).

Hi, first, i cant register, i just keep getting this connection error (and no, my firewall is not blocking any incoming traffic).

Iam translating it into swedish anyway...

I haven't been able to log in for the past 2 days either

yep there seems to be a problem with the IM
Hopefully it will be back online soon

I haven't been able to log in for the past 2 days either

yep there seems to be a problem with the IM
Hopefully it will be back online soon

More info in the main thread:

Unfortunately, there was a MySQL database crash on the server where EntropiansIM is hosted (the same Windows server that also hosts EntropiaRadio.com, Entropedia.info and EntropiaTracker.com). Redundant database backups were stored remotely for Entropedia (which has now been restored to service), but not for EntropiansIM sadly :(. EntropiaTracker uses a different database platform (MSSQL), and thus was not affected by the crash.

I regret to report that everyone will need to re-register for the EntropiansIM network. If you have already downloaded the client software, then all you need to do is visit the EntropiansIM Registration Page and sign up again with your desired username. You will then be able to log in to the network as normal.

I apologize for the inconvenience. :ahh: In the future, I will ensure that redundant database backups are made for EntropiansIM to minimize dislocation caused by Windows server updates corrupting the database :mad:

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I'll give a go for a swedish translation :)

Back