Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Heya,

Does anyone else frequently experience log in issues?

I often, almost daily, have to go through the procedure multiple times as connection is lost during authentication. Most often I get on just to crash ten seconds later and then have to redo it. Once I am online, It is stable though and I rarely crash with the exception of events.

I just would like to figure out if the problem is on my end or not, to be able to troubleshoot from there.

Regards

Heya,

I often, almost daily, have to go through the procedure multiple times as connection is lost during authentication. Most often I get on just to crash ten seconds later and then have to redo it. Once I am online, It is stable though and I rarely crash with the exception of events.

I just would like to figure out if the problem is on my end or not, to be able to troubleshoot from there.

Regards

I get this too.

Heya,

Regards

It happens almost every time if I am logging in through tethered (cellular network) connection. (Attempt login...timeout after long delay...retry...another timeout...retry...after a delay, Gold Card verification (at this point you have to wait about 10 seconds and it will timeout even if you enter the code quickly)....retry...immediate Gold Card verification...enter code...success)

Sometimes the above process goes on for as long as I'm willing to try, and I give up, but the above sequence is very consistent.

If i am logging in through "broadband" connection, it sometimes happens but usually doesn't, although my broadband connection is out regularly (unrelated issue).

ETA: My "favorite" is when it throws in a few "Your avatar is already logged in." failures, even though i've not yet entered a gold card code or been online for hours prior. This alone is proof that MA is 100% completely incompetent at coding IMO. It simply should not be possible for that to happen. Nevermind that they shouldn't have ever implemented code to reject a login if the system thinks you're logged in: it should just preempt the session. But that's a rant for another thread.

Last edited:
Same here. Most infuriating about it is that every time the whole heavyweight client shuts down or sometimes even crashes.

There are issues with my mobile connection, which by its nature has more lag than is good for gaming, and can throw the thing off the rails when it has a blackout for about a minute or so which happens usually 3-13 times a day. This is not MA's fault. But I find it totally unnecessary that the client must collapse completely every time there is a network problem, instead of just presenting with the login screen and its preserved input again. Or ideally trying to relog automatically. Whether internet or server are the problem should not play a role. It causes undue losses e.g. when wounded mob has more time to regenerate than is absolutely necessary. Plus the hassle, it really drives one up the wall.

Make the @#$% thing stop quitting already and have it relog automatically whenever there is a hiccup (with a setting to turn auto off).

Load times are rough but because of the gold card situation.. I would rather them not tinker with how it works . Just need to have faster login times.

I get this when i log in at home on radio wave internet but it is usually stable once i get on. At work we have fibre optic and i dont get it - using the same ASUS ROG laptop in both locations

I usually don´t have that problem but last week i´ve been on mobile internet and it started to happen for me to.
I actually had such a big problem that after 70 - 73 clicks on any blueprint i got connection lost (while being able to even get in).
After a lot of trial and error i found out that it disappeared when changing to the correct setting in Clientloader´s settings under connection.
I still get the log in issue, but not as often as earlier and the "connection lost"-issue is gone.

Back