Longtooth 1k mission, first aid only 50 ped tt reward

siremi

Old Alpha
Emi Odyssey Sir
Entropedia says 80 tt first aid for it, that's why I started and finished this mission.

Reward:

Extracting, ESI needed: 49.74 PED, Final chip size: 44.77 PED

So it's 49.74 TT, bullshit reward if you ask me.

Would have never started the mission if I knew. Crap tt food loot, no esis at all, overall a very bad experience, it was like working in the mines. Took an insane amount of time and for almost nothing.

I say get rid of the damn grinding missions, we're not slaves. Or post the reward clearly at the start so we can stay away.

Complete waste of time and money.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Entropedia says 80 tt first aid for it, that's why I started and finished this mission.

Reward:

So it's 49.74 TT..

The correct amount of ~50ped TT is shown correctly in the Specifications on the Mission page for 1k Longtooth.

Unfortunately, someone has entered it incorrectly on the Mission Chain template. I'll fix that now.

When I completed this mission last year, the reward was enough to unlock both Medicine and Treatment, so sorry but I cant agree that it's a 'bullshit reward' :)

guess X5 (L) is indeed a shit item to loot from an untaxed lvl 25 eventmob that i could easely hunt in pixie +5a's..
Only looted 2 ever on osseo's & 1on segs in +350 globals on those...
& Like been posted several times.. the reward is an EXTRA, you should be happy they exist

I am surprised you say this reward is shit, it’s actually one of the best rewards

Think the other way, it would have cost you 2K peds to bought it

Or you can make 1K ped profit if you sell

Also I am surprised you didn’t knew that FA is only 50 ped

Not all of the loot was TT food.. just the oils ;)

I did rather well though on this mission chain (LongTooth) :)

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to pick athletics though... it gives evade and HP....

~Danimal

Not every player has an imp/adj fap Danimal:) I for one picked FA because I wanted to give a boost to my paramedic so I can max the UR125

So that's why people choose FA

Also if you resell it you make bigger profit that Athletics

Not every player has an imp/adj fap Danimal:) I for one picked FA because I wanted to give a boost to my paramedic so I can max the UR125

So that's why people choose FA

Also if you resell it you make bigger profit that Athletics

Okay okay sorry! I always seem to forget that... however, FAP-90's are rather cheap compared to the ones that you did name :)

Anyways, I would never sell my evade or HP skills as that would make me hunt crappier :D

~Danimal

however, FAP-90's are rather cheap compared to the ones that you did name :)

~Danimal

Hmmm. no comment:)....eco disaster, better EK-2600 if you want

Hmmm. no comment:)....eco disaster, better EK-2600 if you want

Well you mentioned adjusted and imp faps... which have no sib so I mentioned the cheaper more "eco" (than the other ones you might use) FAP-90.

The EK-2600 is 4.67 HP per 9 pec spent on each click of 42 HP total heal while the FAP-90 is 5.71 HP per 7 pec spent on each click of 40 HP total heal...

It's still much cheaper to click the FAP-90... unless I missed something in your previous post?

~Danimal

Well you mentioned adjusted and imp faps... which have no sib so I mentioned the cheaper more "eco" (than the other ones you might use) FAP-90.

The EK-2600 is 4.67 HP per 9 pec spent on each click of 42 HP total heal while the FAP-90 is 5.71 HP per 7 pec spent on each click of 40 HP total heal...

It's still much cheaper to click the FAP-90... unless I missed something in your previous post?

~Danimal

I missed something, sorry:) but anyway both ek-2600 and fap-90 are eco criminals in use:) better take 50 FA from LT and boot towards Gyro fap-26/SK-50/Ur125

I missed something, sorry:) but anyway both ek-2600 and fap-90 are eco criminals in use:) better take 50 FA from LT and boot towards Gyro fap-26/SK-50/Ur125

I guess its all preference.. I would still rather take evade and HP related skills, because when it boils down to it.. the less you get hit and the less you have to fap DURING the "interacting" with mobs, the better. I just wait till I'm finished killing the mob to fap, always.

Again, it's just preference :lolup:

~Danimal

Reward:

So it's 49.74 TT, bullshit reward if you ask me.

Would have never started the mission if I knew. Crap tt food loot, no esis at all, overall a very bad experience, it was like working in the mines. Took an insane amount of time and for almost nothing.

I say get rid of the damn grinding missions, we're not slaves. Or post the reward clearly at the start so we can stay away.

Complete waste of time and money.

Thanks.

The correct amount of ~50ped TT is shown correctly in the Specifications on the Mission page for 1k Longtooth.

Unfortunately, someone has entered it incorrectly on the Mission Chain template. I'll fix that now.

When I completed this mission last year, the reward was enough to unlock both Medicine and Treatment, so sorry but I cant agree that it's a 'bullshit reward' :)

It is the whole reason I made a verification thread.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...encies-rewards-natural-order-18th-mission-etc

People can use this information to enter in whatever mission overview or site, like entropedia. They need to enter the correct amount though. Too bad you were mislead.

50 PED tt isn't bad, especially for a skill with decent markup still.

That said, LT seem pretty bad for normal skill gain. I've noticed quite a bit of variance between mobs. I'm going to start tracking it in more detail soon, waiting to get a newly unlocked skill up to a reasonable level though, so I haven't been tracking it in depth during the migration. But I think it's a pretty slow mob for skill gain. (Before the conspiracy theories start, some mission mobs are also good for normal skill gain)

That said, LT seem pretty bad for normal skill gain. I've noticed quite a bit of variance between mobs. I'm going to start tracking it in more detail soon, waiting to get a newly unlocked skill up to a reasonable level though, so I haven't been tracking it in depth during the migration. But I think it's a pretty slow mob for skill gain. (Before the conspiracy theories start, some mission mobs are also good for normal skill gain)

Could you elborate a bit on this? What reasonably sized mob gives more than 1%? Or did I misunderstand?

I make it a habit myself to measure skillgain when going to long-ish hunt and have its always pretty close to 1% of spent ped. Same for mission mobs but NOT for shared loot mobs. The skillgain can then be as low as 0,1%

Could you elborate a bit on this? What reasonably sized mob gives more than 1%? Or did I misunderstand?

I make it a habit myself to measure skillgain when going to long-ish hunt and have its always pretty close to 1% of spent ped. Same for mission mobs but NOT for shared loot mobs. The skillgain can then be as low as 0,1%
Has been like this for years, with some mobs giving more tt skills back, and some giving lower. It gets changed from time to time too. 1% is what most mobs have it seems, but highest I have measured in the past is 1.4%. I have seen 1.2% lately. As in last month.

A friend of mine even measured 1.9% on a mob a few years ago, which was then boosted to 3.8% during 2x skill event. Was lowered back to normal shortly after however lol

The problem is you do this mission and then at the end you get prompted with three choices and no idea how much you get.

Now some new missions like the ones on RT tell you what the reward is when you accept the mission, in a popup, but it doesn't tell you what TT value it is...

New missions on Arkadia tell you what reward is and TT value of each option, but ONLY after you complete it and are about to get the reward...

So there are at least three different types of how you're told about reward atm in game, it's so confusing:

Calypso: You're not told the TT or what you get, when you finish you get option but no TT info.
Rocktropia: You're told in a popup when you accept the mission. If you're not careful and close the popup, the info is lost. No TT info.
Arkadia: On some new missions, you're told the reward options and TT values, but only after completing the mission.

My opinion is that you should be told the reward options and TT value of the skill you get when you accept a mission or better yet have the info in the quest details where the kill counter is, because if you grind through a 10k kills mission and at the end you get some crap reward, you may end up trowing that crap skill in auction along with your other skills in frustration.

I think we deserve to know what we're working on and to set goals on what skills we want for missions, and to know what TT we will get in order to determine if the time and money is worth spending.

Imagine having accepted a specific reward for a 10k mission when other guys three weeks later accepts the very same mission and gets 20% more TT value then yourself. That would cause a discussion.

Another aspect is that if the broker tells you the TTvalue of the three (or so) available options, what stops you from not choosing at that moment but to return to the broker at a later stage when the reward is upped?

I might have got the whole rebalancing thing wrong tho so that things wont change at times but this is my first thought.. In drunk mode :tongue2:

I think we deserve to know what we're working on and to set goals on what skills we want for missions, and to know what TT we will get in order to determine if the time and money is worth spending.

Absolutely.

Funny, i have been thinking that my skills are going up pretty fast. It's purely subjective, though. I'll see if i can make a comparison between the LT and the longu i did before that using the skill logs.

i did some tests in last year migration, and compared LT's overal skill gains with one of my usual mobs, itumatrox. if those tests were correct, LT's gave around half the skill gains than itumas.

i did some tests in last year migration, and compared LT's overal skill gains with one of my usual mobs, itumatrox. if those tests were correct, LT's gave around half the skill gains than itumas.

Sounds about right, it's the same with all big hp mobs.. Less killbonuses.
If you want alot of skills, hunt small hp thingies :)

Sure it's a factor, but this ain't just about kill bonuses. The "base" (or whatever you could call it) tt skill distribution does vary between mobs.

Funny, i have been thinking that my skills are going up pretty fast. It's purely subjective, though. I'll see if i can make a comparison between the LT and the longu i did before that using the skill logs.

I can confirm this information.. I was getting less green lines across my screen while hunting LongTooth vice hunting smaller mobs such as Atrax, Longu etc.. after counting up my chat log it was indeed determined that LongTooth did not give me as many skills as I would have gotten hunting something else smaller.

Determination:
This is due to the fact that mobs probably have a set "skill cap", meaning the longer you interact with them the less likely you are to be able to gain more skills. This can be reasonably seen while hunting smaller mobs, since you are able to effectivley interact with them long enough to gain skills and then move onto the next mob. This occurance can also be viewed while in space performing the piloting skill gain profession. If you drag around the mobs to gain piloting skills they eventually "time out" after the initial "interaction" and stop giving skill gains; after which you must perform another activity such as killing them.

~Danimal

I can confirm this information.. I was getting less green lines across my screen while hunting LongTooth vice hunting smaller mobs such as Atrax, Longu etc.. after counting up my chat log it was indeed determined that LongTooth did not give me as many skills as I would have gotten hunting something else smaller.

Determination:
This is due to the fact that mobs probably have a set "skill cap", meaning the longer you interact with them the less likely you are to be able to gain more skills. This can be reasonably seen while hunting smaller mobs, since you are able to effectivley interact with them long enough to gain skills and then move onto the next mob. This occurance can also be viewed while in space performing the piloting skill gain profession. If you drag around the mobs to gain piloting skills they eventually "time out" after the initial "interaction" and stop giving skill gains; after which you must perform another activity such as killing them.

~Danimal

I will even go so far with my theory cq statement: a mob can be skilled dry (like with sweating it dry). It indeed has that "skill cap". At some point the TT value of skills gains it could give out, has been distributed fully.

Determination:

~Danimal
Oh but there are examples of mobs with similar HP handing out way different amount of tt skills, too.

Also, did you track the tt of the skill gains or you simply just compared amount of green lines? Those skill messages contain different amount of tt so can't really track that way I guess. However, LT would make sense lowering skill gains on, so not actually questioning what you claim in that case.

just did a skill test on kreltin.
1550 ped offensive cost. offensive skill gain 1,3%
I used apis/dante and law-303 jungle/a204

a mob can be skilled dry (like with sweating it dry). It indeed has that "skill cap". At some point the TT value of skills gains it could give out, has been distributed fully.

So far I've only seen this with defensive skills. Does it also apply to weapon skills?

Hunting skills are "powered" by:

1. avatar hp damage (defensive skills) [capped... defined by mob hp?]
  2. avatar hp heal (paramedic) [uncapped]
  3. firing a weapon into the air (explosive projectiles) [I assume not capped]
  4. mob hp damage (laser/blp/melee weapon skills) [capped?]

Some questions:

In the case of #4, offensive skills are tied to the mob in some way, not just the weapon (since there is a kill bonus). Has anyone ever tested whether there is a cap to this... if you keep shooting at a mob long enough (and letting it regenerate) will it eventually stop giving offensive skills like it does defensive skills?

In the case of #2, skills are based on the tool level and your skills, but are they also based on other factors, like hp of the avatar being healed? Maybe some healers know the answer...

Sure enough. I just fed the skill scanner results from the longu mission and the longtooth mission into the Progress Calculator for simplicity and let it calculate volume gained for Laser Sniper (hit) for each.

longu (with some argos thrown in) gave 0.0108 PEDs Laser Sniper (Hit) skills per ped offensive output
longtooth (using "skill gain" attachments, even) gave 0.00504 PEDs

Almost exactly half...

I didn't include Ranged Laser Damage skills so it seems that longu give more than a PED offensive skill per 100 PED offensive output.

As you can see from Doer and Jdegre's posts above, there is clearly some variability between mobs.

I don't have a great data set yet, but going from lvl69 to lvl70 (I did some logging) I was getting significantly better skills towards Hit profession on Eviscerators and Argos than I was on Atrox/Scips/Formidon. I think my gains on Longtooth have been even slower than Atrox/Scips/Formi, but I haven't been logging it well enough to be sure.

Back