Looking for mining mentor

Zessti

Old
Zilestian Zessti Dru
Hello fellow entropians!

I started my journey in Entropia around 2012 looking to make money in a game. Im sure veterans of the game can figure out how that went xD. Instead I have met friends for life. Lucky :cheer::cheer::cheer:

During the last odd 10 years I have been playing on and off, depending on how much IRL have alowed me to. I have mostly been :handgun: and the closest I got to mining was when unlocking S.T.E.L VIP on Next Island. Other then that I read some mining logs here and there but know very little.

As the stars has aligned for me to be in one place for a while, I will be able to spend some regular time in Entropia again. Iv been thinking about what I want to do and come to the conclusion that I want to turn a chapter in my Entropia life and master mining.

I am now looking for a PROFITABLE mentor in mining. I am not asking for a profitable miner out of greed, or because I want to exploit the person in question, but because when I do something I want to be the best that I can at that something. I am not saying I am jesus and walk on water :tiphat: But I like to try and put my brainpower to as good of a use as possible! However many or few I have left.

I am not looking for handouts. I am looking for equal exchange. If there is someone out there that will take me on I am happy to dedicate my time in order for them to prosper. In whatever way that may be.

A long time ago I remember there was a person on Arkadia that used to hire miners and let the miners go out and mine for the skills. Then that person kept all the finds. This is something I would prefer, if it can be worked out in a way that suits both :deal:
I am not looking to make profit but looking to learn and work on my skills in mining. But this is just one way of looking at it and I am happy to listen to any suggestion. I am not afraid to put my own peds to use but I figure that if the miner is profitable then I can increase his/her profit and contribute that way. I am happy to put up collateral.

I might turn this into a log if someone present me with an opportunity. I am a descret person so if there is someone out there that dont want to be mentioned, but find that they would take me on, I am not one to betray that trust. PM, answer in thread or message ingame. Anything works!

Anyway. Lets see what happens :)

- May lootius be with you

Why not just buy a 105 and a bunch of probes and run around mining where ever u are ?
First of all - thanks for the comment. Questions like yours makes me get a better understanding of where I am heading.

I have read up abit about mining and I understand its more then just running around and dropping probes. Its establishing mining maps, using the correct tools, understanding depths and mining techniques and so on. There are other sides to mining also then just the acctual mining.

When I want to learn something I usually look for someone with more knowledge then me to learn from. Its how I usually go about things.

I believe that the result is in the details and processes of how you do things. In my mind that knowledge is something you gain over time.

With that being said its also good to get familiar with your subject, wich I think I am. I have been dropping probes.

I just want to take it to the next level. And this is one way that I thought of.

If nothing comes of it I will reassess.

Here's Neil's video from back then. Not much has changed since.
Now this is interesting, I am at work at the moment, but will watch it as soon as I can, who knows this may even be related to the perfect "matrix" / grid that I want to create.

OK so ye, it's a simple 110m hex tiling matrix.. The issue that I have with this is it's inaccuracy. The miner is not aligning his attempts 100% Especially if you consider that the mining radius is fake...

Last edited:
Back