Question: Loot linked to the market ?

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Could it be possible to link loot to the economy ?

What I am proposing is simple, the more resources of a set type that is hoarded or on the auction house, the less is available to find or buy using peds and skills.

Look at it this way, using my peds and skills I can transform my peds into what ever form I wish to. I change it into potential buy purchasing tools and ammo for those tools. I also perform transactions in set areas in hope of transforming the ammo potential into another type of resource, but if that resource is being hoarded, I obviously cannot convert that potential into a set resource.

A way to offset that would be skills, the transforming of one potential into another.

Thanks for your time.

What I am proposing is simple, the more resources of a set type that is hoarded or on the auction house, the less is available to find or buy using peds and skills.

This is the most sensible theory you've proposed in many moons...

In a normal economy it is the case.
When people start to stockpile items(money) then the economy goes down, when people spend the items(money) the economy goes up.

Why should it be any different in EU?
People are stockpiling items until they have enough to get a nice markup. Sadly we got soo many useless items nowadays that you need to stockpile a lot to get a good markup, Meaning a lot of items (money) are not circulating in the economy but are in our storages.. The other thing is ofcourse the insane tt of unlimited sib items. All that tt could be circulating in the economy, but it's not.

In a normal economy it is the case.
When people start to stockpile items(money) then the economy goes down, when people spend the items(money) the economy goes up.

Why should it be any different in EU?
People are stockpiling items until they have enough to get a nice markup. Sadly we got soo many useless items nowadays that you need to stockpile a lot to get a good markup, Meaning a lot of items (money) are not circulating in the economy but are in our storages.. The other thing is ofcourse the insane tt of unlimited sib items. All that tt could be circulating in the economy, but it's not.

Precisely, "boom - bust" economy. Which means that we have to deposit more in order to offset this hoarding, so we are converting out peds into useless junk that no one wants to tt because of the 5% decay / low returns and crafters wanting to buy in bulk, which will infact snowball and yield even less returns.

We are all becoming what we hate most, BANKERS !!!

Look at it this way, using my peds and skills I can transform my peds into what ever form I wish to. I change it into potential buy purchasing tools and ammo for those tools. I also perform transactions in set areas in hope of transforming the ammo potential into another type of resource, but if that resource is being hoarded, I obviously cannot convert that potential into a set resource.

A way to offset that would be skills, the transforming of one potential into another.

Thanks for your time.

yes , loot is ofcourse linked to the market.

yes , loot is ofcourse linked to the market.

I was looking for a feedback loop for loot and it looks like I found it..... This is going to have a major impact on everything.

Lower markup resources would then cycle faster back into circulation. Which means that say for example I am a miner, I would pick up a rookie tool which has very low risk and blast away, using a high end tool for me now makes no sense as I want consistent returns not ones dictated by fluctuating market forces. And you all thought that loot is not linked to a "stock market", it already is :)

Are you sure it is not like thaht now :scratch2:
I guess the only way to test it is to drop some milions USD if you don't MINDark and to byu everything of one type. SEE if it stop droping. NEXT island week sell everything on the TT machine and SEE if it drops like hell is coming. :eyecrazy:

Are you sure it is not like thaht now :scratch2:
I guess the only way to test it is to drop some milions USD if you don't MINDark and to byu everything of one type. SEE if it stop droping. NEXT island week sell everything on the TT machine and SEE if it drops like hell is coming. :eyecrazy:

That is obviously impractical and would cause a monopoly on the market.

welcome to reality Rattex, where the player base have to deposit to fuel the game economy, players hoarding impacts the market, and monopolies do exist. its only taken you... how many years more than the 6 showing? :laugh: :beerchug:

I don't think it works like that.

That is obviously impractical and would cause a monopoly on the market.

This is based on the assumption that your theory is right, which might not be the case. )

Well, it has happened in some hunting events that a lot of L items drop and after a while they stop dropping completely. It makes sense that there are limits for items and you can`t gather an infinite number/tt of them.

I don't think it effects the tt value of loot return, but I would be very surprised if it didn't effect the types of items being looted.

Take, for instance, ESI's They definitely need to regulate the number of them floating around in-game or the prices would be out of control, no matter how many resellers there are. I truly believe this is true of other items, too.

i think you have a valid point with this but however the amount of peds that i am sure is circuling the economy would far outweigh what is in peoples storage. For example the turnover for eu last year i believe was somewhere near 400million dollars. Thats a lot of ped in the economy, i wounder if you went further and looked at your own storage to see what you are hoarding and can link that to the amount of loot you may be seeing.

mants

Back