Loot Messages

Svetlana

Poster Girl
Society
The Jaded Crown
Ragnarok Svetlana Valhalla
Perhaps this is a silly, trivial wish... but alas I will make it anyway ;)

I would really like to be able to clearly see my last loot in the loot window (yes, like most ppl I leave the loot window open while hunting). You can drag the loot around in the window to see it more clearly (like those times I see a gold stack and think it says 50 above it, but I was really reading the 50 pec below it :rolleyes: ) but if I'm taking on multiple mobs at once it just is not practical to sit there and mess with the loot window ;)

The best way I think MA could implement this would be to just give us a message in all chat stating the tt value of our last loot (the same as it does in team hunts). I can't really think of a reason why we should not be able to see the last loot in this way...

great idea :)

make it similar to team looting where it lists the items you got and the value ;)

...used to be able to drag around the loot, but, yes, I also wish it would show loot in chat, as in team hunts :rolleyes:

You can also click item in window and it will bring it ontop, that takes to much time though :wise: .....

Great idea!

DD
:evilking:

Good idea. I've stayed in team when solo hunting before just to see those loot messages. :silly2:

Join a soc m8 that's not hunting in team put leader take all and dmg decided money and you can get messages with team until MA implements something as i too would like this feature.

Also a to be able to assign a function key to take all would be SWEET!!

I always claim the loot when it comes,because when I ctd the loots will be divided into the stacks they came in so there will be LOADS of cash spread around in the inventory and its a pain in the ass to organize it

Svetlana said:
I would really like to be able to clearly see my last loot in the loot window (yes, like most ppl I leave the loot window open while hunting).

I thought it was regarded as an exploit not to close the loot window when hunting, since you cannot be overloaded (and cannot be looted i pvp3?) etc... Just a thought before you wish too much.

But yes, the TT and info in chat window would be really nice anyway.

Sarah said:
I thought it was regarded as an exploit not to close the loot window when hunting, since you cannot be overloaded (and cannot be looted i pvp3?) etc... Just a thought before you wish too much.

:rofl: Really?? I've never heard of this, and most ppl i know don't close the window... it's too much of a pain to click "take all" after each mob since you have to click to get your cursor then click back to take on the next mob.
Very interesting... perhaps Marco will respond :girl:

Sarah said:

Funny that comment came from you of all people :D

I dunno if its a exploit, I wouldnt call it a exploit really since its MA's programming that makes the window pop up. Would be better if you got like a team message of the value and it autospawned in inventory but it would make hofpics less exciting since we want to see the actual items. Not text in a message

Brings up a good debate here though... the necessity of having a loot window in the first place. I've always thought that loot windows were annoying and that the items might as well show up and then go immediately into inventory...
Of course, this weighs us down so it would be an unpopular idea I'm sure.
But the very fact that we can leave the window open or take the loot implies that MA does not consider it an exploit...

just further thoughts

Knuckles said:

I dunno if its a exploit, I wouldnt call it a exploit really since its MA's programming that makes the window pop up. Would be better if you got like a team message of the value and it autospawned in inventory but it would make hofpics less exciting since we want to see the actual items. Not text in a message

Maybe just a window that pops for a few seconds and then the loot goes automatically to your inventory would work.

DD
:evilking:

I never Close my Loot Window while Hunting. But not for the Overload, its simply Disturbing to close it after Every Mob. Most Time i Press V drag it down the Screen and Press V again so i cant see it. Its pointless to Complain about Loot you can't Change it anyways. Its a way more Relaxed Hunting when not Checking every Second your Loots and it would a Pain when i had to Close the Loot Windows all Time.

When its an Exploit because you can't Overloaded they have to fix that by Integrating a Wight Check from the Loot Windows but not making it impossible to Leave it open. ,)

By the Way the Loot windows have a X on the Upper Right Conor what looks like Close. What happen when i click it ? Do i abadon all Loots i collected ? Someone Tested it ?

I've been thinking this myself. Good call Svetlana! I also leave the window open (never thought of it as an exploit :scared: ) . I'm just glad that when the window pops up, it doesn't yank your sites away to your mouse pointer like it used too. That really sucked when you had a couple of <insert mob of choice here> were coming at you.

You can still be looted of things in your loot table, so that doesn't matter

I'm pretty confident that X is the same as takeall, because I sometimes press the click instead

Erm, can't drag it anymore because somehow theres a way to exploit it and steal items from others or something

I agree 100% with putting in loot information (maybe add another tab on chat)

Pressing the x does nothing for me. Leaves the window open o_O

What keeps me having the window open is the fact that the loot-window always pops up at the same place, which is where you see the health of the mob.

"x" doesn't actually do anything :D

its the same problem with the crafting window, no one is going to close it each time when skilling basic filters are they - at the minimum you should be able to press your "enter" key instead of clicking "take all"

i would love somthing like that they do it for team loot why not when hunting on your own. :D

i drag the loot window under the hub so i can keep hunting with out having to close the loot window for every mob. :girl:

Really good ideas. This has been on my mind aswell and I really hope there comes a fast key to take all.

What I would love the most is a log-terminal, that shows what you have been doing that day, what you crafted, how much minrerals you mined etc. And of course loot.

Beeing killed in pvp3 when you have window up doesnt keep it from beeing looted.

But I agree svetlana. Me and Gnash have been thinking about this too, and I think Gnash made a thread about it on Ep once...

Knuckles said:

... because I donot get HOFs I could live with the Text messages.

But there could be a very simple solution: A switch in the option window can manage wether a text message arises the chat window or the optical presentation pops up. Another function could be: User decides himself for the text feature but with when global or better the pop up window is activated always - and then u can take the screenies ...

Back