Question: Loot waves, are they good or bad?

So clearly the wave system is meant as a way to limit resources being placed into the game, and perhaps wave length and frequency is adjusted based on player activity for balancing.

I don’t see why this can’t be kept the same way but instead of releasing the loot in a small window just adjust the % odds of getting the rare item over time? If there are more or less hunters then the % can be adjusted so that there is always no more than ____ amount of a resource dropping. This value could be updated every X minutes so it cant be abused.

Either that, or like what others said just increase frequency of waves to every few minutes perhaps and drop the amount dropped per wave so we end up at the same amount of resources.

It just seems weird to reward wave hopping and hunting less - but I’m all for those that do - if you can put the time and effort into doing that then you deserve the rewards :)

For me personally, loot waves are bad. I always seem to miss them :)

I can definitely see why some players would like them.

Why doesn't MA just setup missions instead of this system. Exchange X creature loot tokens for prizes.

Why doesn't MA just setup missions instead of this system. Exchange X creature loot tokens for prizes.
basically how mayhem is run - could be good for most events I guess

to keep some "spirit"... all in all mayhem has a real predictable structure.
1 point every 1.2....1.5 ped shot on average
1 token every 80 ped shot or so, or every 40ish including daily missions (that is 0.3...0.5 ped TT loss per token)

the "perceived randomness" evens out in the first 10k ped shot and it is all exactly as you suggest with some "thrill"? if ou see a nice 500 point (usually coming after 1 hour of bad point reward.....)

Back