Suggestion: Make Entropia great again!

ProActive Mango

Stalker
Mindark needs to focus more on how to make the game more fun instead of making the game about MU hunters.

What can mindark do to make the game better IF we look away from markup, loot and gears. What would you like to see added to the game that would make the game more fun for you with these criterias.

I would like to see more exploration missions that reward skills in MISC skills like colouring, tailoring, space related skills.
Mission could be chained to story line with scanning of buildings animals npc´s to learn more about how we got to calypso and the world of entropia and what is making us progress.

At this very moment you have 14 threads on the first page of the Suggestions/Wishlist subforum, 9 on the second page and 8 on the third page and I stopped there... I'm sure you have a lot more in subsequent pages.

Most of your theards don't even ask for anything very specific or particularly well researched, in my opinion.

Are you just bored and this forum is your personal cloud to yell at? What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

No offense, I'm genuinely curious at what the hell is going on since nobody else seems to care...

No new things till they fix A LOT of broken ones

At this very moment you have 14 threads on the first page of the Suggestions/Wishlist subforum, 9 on the second page and 8 on the third page and I stopped there... I'm sure you have a lot more in subsequent pages.

Most of your theards don't even ask for anything very specific or particularly well researched, in my opinion.

Are you just bored and this forum is your personal cloud to yell at? What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

No offense, I'm genuinely curious at what the hell is going on since nobody else seems to care...
Im trying to beat a dead horse to life again.

In order to make any changes to entropia MA needs to start listening to the playerbase for that to happen we need to have community leaders and organised community that can actually cause some respect MA dosent just listen to random sugestions . And until that changes things will remain again nomather how much you demand changes by yourself of make sugestions in the forum - This is not your average mmo

Still...making suggestions are still better than doing nothing.

I do belive MA has a plan for the upcoming months and that what they need to do is learn how to communicate that to the player base in a way most of us get the info to us from the correct sources. Now we have 2 main (entropiauniverse.com and planetcalypsoforum.com) highways of information. This plus player owned (or player moderated) discord channels en mass. MA needs to have a forum that they control and from there overly clear links to the PPs sites (in a perfect world, all or at least most of the info regarding the game, events, changes etc should not be more than a few (max 3) clicks away.

That, with the changes to EP crafting then needs to marinate in/through the player base.

It is important that the changes, even minute ones, get the time they deserve to actually be implemented by the majority of the player base. From there it will need to be evaluated. Not until then should next tweak be put in action.

To many tweaks at the same time will make them all obsolete at best and at the worse fail hard.

What we can do as consumers is to give them the time they need but at the same time make suggestions and try to, with the community liaison, get the communication, discission and get our voices, ideas and reports heard.

My experience dealing with MA is very positive so i dont foresee any major problems there.
My nr 1 concern from day 1 with the nanocubes/EP is that it would ruin the economy. A bit much doomsday feel over that but...that change did a number on the overall economy... Lets hope this the first smal step back will generate the momentum of and for change that we all so desperately want and need.

My first wish now is that the community managers can scrape treads like this and take it up with dev teams and the board and that information from now on comes from the right sources, are clear och concise and with less "fluff" around them to actually be viable.

//Randy Randy

This is an acutely weaponized use of the term "fun." The post strikes me as a bit like asking, "colleges need to focus more on how to be valuable instead of making curricula about STEM subjects; what can colleges do to add more value to the world IF we look away from hard sciences and economics?" Maybe you haven't chosen to pursue the hard sciences or economics, but the diversity of options is kind of central to the value add question. Asking how to add value by looking away from options X, Y, and Z is kind of silly.

MindArk should not "make the game about" anything, at least not anything amenable to a simplistic, concrete description. Individual Entropians make Entropia "about completing such and such a goal," "about markup hunting," "about gambling," "about socializing," "about property ownership," "about skilling," "about managing a business," "about competing," "about cooperating," "about trading/investing," etc. The proper role of the developer is to maintain an arena in which Entropians can create such "aboutnesses," not to directly manufacture them.

MA = "Making Aboutnesses" in a world at your fingertips!
...that's what it should be about... yes :)

This is an acutely weaponized use of the term "fun." The post strikes me as a bit like asking, "colleges need to focus more on how to be valuable instead of making curricula about STEM subjects; what can colleges do to add more value to the world IF we look away from hard sciences and economics?" Maybe you haven't chosen to pursue the hard sciences or economics, but the diversity of options is kind of central to the value add question. Asking how to add value by looking away from options X, Y, and Z is kind of silly.

MindArk should not "make the game about" anything, at least not anything amenable to a simplistic, concrete description. Individual Entropians make Entropia "about completing such and such a goal," "about markup hunting," "about gambling," "about socializing," "about property ownership," "about skilling," "about managing a business," "about competing," "about cooperating," "about trading/investing," etc. The proper role of the developer is to maintain an arena in which Entropians can create such "aboutnesses," not to directly manufacture them.

Ma can make money and fix their product at the same time if the game not only looks better but actually fixes all the issues more people will be willing to play and if they can play without being always broke they will be puting more money into the game so instead of having 1000 players with about 100 puting the $ ( just an example not shure about the numbers) you will have 10k + that also mean high score players with big wallets

In current engine not much, but in UE with the ease of use with modules they can do a lot.

One thing they should do is to put more depth in each feature, and not so shallow and dull.
In the begining of using features it might look ok but when we have used them for some time
its quite obvious they don't cover many "what if" when they happen. People see them as bugs
but there isnn't any code to solve things when they occur, or is wanted.
This should be a sandbox game, not a look-a-like made of concrete and with a very thin layer
of sand. ;)

I do understand MA want some revenue from each feature developed. There is a exponential curve
with 'time to develop' vs 'depth of a feature', so they do push features out asap to generate some
revenue but problem is not that one category of gameplay is shallow and feels a bit 'meh', the
problem is when feature after feature stacks up with same feeling, EU becomes a bit boring then.
When EU gets boring we tend to depo less.
On the other hand it can't be too advanced since that will make EU boring for others, so best
solution would be features that can be used as of today but at the same time have so many options
so we can go on a bit more advanced route also.

This is ofcourse just my point of view, but seeing what some devs can do in UE its quite obvious
the limits now will mostly be MA management and which concept they think is worth develop
and implement. So lets create a MEGA game... i.e Make Entropia Great Again. ;)

Theres a gap in the game or more like it a hole - The way our game is set prevents players from all over the world to particpate and thats that for a lot of the players they can't play because that would set them back 50-100$ a month if they wanted to go hunting that would mean that the Game is not aimet at eastern EUropean market - where ppl have lower living standart or Asia should be looked at what could be done to fill that gap and lowering the barrier .

Back