Make Space more like pvp4

RavenJade

Vampire Princess
Kara RavenJade Summerwind
With the recent posts in the space section it got me thinking about life in space in general.

I understand that MA has made space a pvp model, but so far I think it's failed.

Pirates complain that mothership and other fleet services have cut their "business" down, because more people are flying these services.

The pirates are upset, because it is true, it does cost them alot to shoot at ships to get nothing, time after time.

In my mind there is an easy solution for that.

There are several hunting grounds in space, that many people go to to hunt. Why are the pirates not camping these places? Not enough people hunting to make it fun for them?

Put something in the loot that's worth the risk (yes I know you can loot fuses etc) Make it so you have to take some sort of toxic space shot to go into those areas and hunt, and then there could be some loot returned to a pirate if he shoots you down in these zones and still gets nothing from you.

Also make it that there is some skill involved. Any avatar starting today can go into space and shoot the same guns. In pvp on the planets you have to have a certain amount of skill to shoot higher end guns.

Make the rest of space non pvp or non lootable pvp. Then anyone getting looted, put themselves in that position because they were in a well marked pvp hunting zone, and not just because she/he wanted to travel to another planet and was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

They could wait in these areas while a priv or mothership is mobballing for captain exp, (Getting 20 mobs to hit you to gain pilot exp and therefore captain profession.) Wait till the damage is pretty low and then
KAKAKAKAK PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW. BOOOOOOOOOOOOM. Hey you just looted all the repair crew online, the pilot and the gunners.

Actually.
Why am i endorsing this.
Im a captain and do this daily.

Yeah you're right.. there really is no easy solution. It was just thoughts going through my head this morning.

However, pre space when it was just hanger owners they spent thousands of dollars to have glorified taxi's to go up to CP and CND...

I just think it would make more sense for people to camp the hunting grounds. Not saying I'm right. My main thought when creating this thread was for others to bounce ideas back and forth. What would you suggest, besides taking out the log out feature on a mothership.

As a pirate, what would be fair to you?

Really?

Yep, lets do that. I am really glad i didnt invest real money into a big, useless, expensive Taxi like Normandie or Kronan, when we finally start requesting the end of space PvP again. Hey wait, we made space so huge and skills so high you still have to pay us for the travelservice because we have a monopoly for traveling now without any problems or threats to be expected. So basicly you request to become a humanoid teleporter replacement with included fees. :wise:

Raven makes a great point. :)

On planet's people who want to be serious pvp'ers pay through their ass for skills and gear. How come any socially retarded individual with a couple hundred bucks can be a pirate??

I say make em pay like all other pk'ers in EU. ;)

Last edited:
They could wait in these areas while a priv or mothership is mobballing for captain exp, (Getting 20 mobs to hit you to gain pilot exp and therefore captain profession.)

which I've always found weird considering the witch hunts had a last year concerning people deliberately damaging vehicles planet side to get repair skill.

There have been plenty of sugguestions to improve space and make pvp more like pvp4.

Put the space mobs into a pvp zone where they drop resources required to upgrade motherships SI, similarly space mining of asteroids in the same area which is used to craft weaponry and other add ons of higher levels.

So the low level ship add ons are still crafted using planet side resources to allow for skilling but the higher level stuff uses more exotic materials from space.

That way you'll have people carrying loot in the pvp for the pirates to hunt and not just 1 dung.

which I've always found weird considering the witch hunts had a last year concerning people deliberately damaging vehicles planet side to get repair skill.

There have been plenty of sugguestions to improve space and make pvp more like pvp4.

Put the space mobs into a pvp zone where they drop resources required to upgrade motherships SI, similarly space mining of asteroids in the same area which is used to craft weaponry and other add ons of higher levels.

So the low level ship add ons are still crafted using planet side resources to allow for skilling but the higher level stuff uses more exotic materials from space.

That way you'll have people carrying loot in the pvp for the pirates to hunt and not just 1 dung.

Thats it, add on top some specific spacestations that have no bluezones but crafting terminals on them. And have the higher lvl spaceequipment blueprints only drop from crafting terminal in space. Then you have the need of secure transport with stackables to a remote place that is not protected.
Could even have lootable pvp zone on the entrance area within the spacestation to get to the crafting terminal - so some space troopers would be needed to clear the way if someone has already captured the spacestation.

If you only have designated areas of space lootable pvp, the pilots will basically be out of business as far as transport goes.

Back