Mall Shop Listing

Soradin

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Soradin Talnos
Just a request...

Personally, I love the shops. I like seeing the displays, I like being able to "look" around, rather than look at an auction listing.

I'd like to see the mall owners, or the mall shop participants, really keep a good accurate listing of what is where. It would make the experience much more enjoyable.

For example.... I personally don't have the peds to waste (and yes, with my budget, I consider it a waste) on clothing, hats, etc.... I focus on weapons, armor, amps, and so forth. I'd be thrilled if I could look at a "Mall Directory" and be able to go to the shops that interest me, and skip the ones that do not.

No offense to the fashion sensetive... I simply don't have the budget for it. If I did, believe me, I'd be decked out. ;) But when a coat costs more than a good gun...... um...... no thanks. I just don't have THAT much expendible income.

I've tried going by the adverts on MA's screens.. but frankly, after visiting one supposed "Armor Shop" and another supposed "Weapon Shop" both owned by the same person, which were both frankly a waste of my friggin time and a complete joke.... I don't trust those adverts.

I'd love to see a "Mall Directory" that is truly maintained. I know that I, for one, would patronize those shops whenever I had the need.

Directories...

Hey mate,
there are already two fair attempts at doing a "Who's who and What's where" kind of listings, both on the Wiki and on EntropiaDirectory...
Main problem that's been observed with both of them is that the owners themselves don't update their own listings that often... But that's kind of difficult to fix, isn't it?! :p

On a side note, I'm sure the new Mall owners (well, some of them!) will try to step forward with some kind of efforts to promote exactly those concepts you've talked about, with the main reason being value added ;)

We'll see...
P. :smoke:

Its a good idea to have listings of shops, with detailed info about sold's. Problem is how to make this!

So far both pe-wiki and eu-directory got very good and comprehensive lists, but these will tend to act as pure advertizements of the existense of the shop, rather than then actual content.

Reason is simple: updating itemlists are exrtemely timeconsuming. I know. I have tried and died. Even with a relatively small size shop of 85 items max. Think about those with 300+...

Now, what you need to do is check out all shops and make yourself a short-list of those you like. Then its fast to return later, and you quickly become regular customer.

What we all need from MA is the big golden ingame shopping-list, with a complete view of items on sale right now in all shops. Prices should not be shown too, since this would ruin the fun and sport of competition and marketing. At least as long as we (shopowners) have a full-scale auction to relate to.

The wish for an ingame shop-content-list have been send to MA since the dawn of shops.

Just a request...

Personally, I love the shops. I like seeing the displays, I like being able to "look" around, rather than look at an auction listing.

I'd like to see the mall owners, or the mall shop participants, really keep a good accurate listing of what is where. It would make the experience much more enjoyable.

For example.... I personally don't have the peds to waste (and yes, with my budget, I consider it a waste) on clothing, hats, etc.... I focus on weapons, armor, amps, and so forth. I'd be thrilled if I could look at a "Mall Directory" and be able to go to the shops that interest me, and skip the ones that do not.

No offense to the fashion sensetive... I simply don't have the budget for it. If I did, believe me, I'd be decked out. ;) But when a coat costs more than a good gun...... um...... no thanks. I just don't have THAT much expendible income.

I've tried going by the adverts on MA's screens.. but frankly, after visiting one supposed "Armor Shop" and another supposed "Weapon Shop" both owned by the same person, which were both frankly a waste of my friggin time and a complete joke.... I don't trust those adverts.

I'd love to see a "Mall Directory" that is truly maintained. I know that I, for one, would patronize those shops whenever I had the need.

I have an ongoing thread for the Twin Peaks Mall here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49853

which is updated as the shops are sold.

I also plan to launch a website with a directory of the Twin Peaks Mall, which will feature a map of all the shops, along with a list of items available, special deals, etc. This website will be launched once the Level 3 shops are sold, beginngin on Monday, Jan. 8 (more details in the link in my signature).

ok we have a shopping Portal at ED!

And yes its time consuming just listing all the shops…. and we also have an Events listing that gets updated a few times a week... by our team members… as well as Land Areas and the many, many other directories over there!

Every shop in every mall is now listed but at the moment inventories really need to be filled by the owners!

MY SUGGESTION!!!!

Just list the items that you have or are stocking (forget Pricing) for now!

We have a Plan to fix this and will begin implimenting it during Feb! :)

Each month at ED we have a focus for the web team or active editors, points gained there increase the split of the payroll they receive from our sponsors!

This month is SHOPS!!! then we switch back and visit every land area again.

BTW
Anyone can join in for a split of those PEDs so come on over and make it happen!!!!

Also you can come visit us at The In-game office and we'll be more than happy to look stuff up and assist you!

Last edited:
Back