Map Reliability 99.3%?

Camelman

Provider
Society
Groene Draeck
Bastian "CamelMan" deGreijze
How accurate should Mindark make our map?

Since they themselves don't provide much detailed info about our planet (gosh MA, we gotta get our POI's from the Entropedia!)
I expected the map itself - ingame - to be quite accurate.

or.. Shouldn't I?

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
On thís screenshot I am situated in a lake according to the ingame Map
(yeah yeah, I got there after a nooby teleport chipping act of myself)
but in fact I am standing on land, with trees and animals around me!?!

*glp*

Normally, I see what the map says I should see. What happened here?
Has the Lake been shrinking due to "global warming"?
The same global warming that melts our snow these days, as soon as it touches ground?..

I'd like to know how reliable you recon the ingame Map to be.

& slay on!

Last edited by a moderator:
did u sent a support case?????

Same thing happens in the "bay" south-east of Athena. There're lots of mountains where there should be water.

Note, that this is also bad for TP-running. I created some routes in my head and then ended up in a different environment with mobs and unclimbable territory. That cost me a few hours... :mad:

And yes, I sent a support case. Their first response was that my graphics card maybe is too old... :duh: Well, I rewrote my case and now it's still open.

I think we'll get a new map with (one of the) next VU. It would be nice if more of you people would open a support case. That might speed up some things...

Thanks, you both are right: logging might just help.
I added "case 177930" to the list ;)

Please keep adding 'map unreliability issues' as reply to this thread too.

exploring rules!

Some blue areas are just blue textured ground areas. Not lakes...

The same global warming that melts our snow these days, as soon as it touches ground?..

The same global warming that makes it snow in the desert (around Ashi)? :D

Some blue areas are just blue textured ground areas. Not lakes...

well you can see the water down below him (under the hill), the ground is not blue, and there is a river running from it... ;)

Yeah I reported this one over a month ago, MA said basically "We know, we're working on it"

I reported this map anomaly about three months ago (the entire area is not insync with the map). If you want more lulz, go west of ares into what looks like water. It's full of bots.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the design team for further investigation. Any irregularities found will be adjusted automatically. :yay: Please follow the News sections of the website for further information and developments.

A quote from support case. So, thanks for sharing indeed, and keep forwarding!

Afaik they've been doing some remodelling of landscapes in past VU's, maybe they just don't bother to update the map so much when they know that they'll be doing more terraforming soon.

Making the touristic guide with maps (amethera, eudoria) we encountered many glitches too. On our maps everything is positioned by coordinates, and as you can see, not all line up that well on the background image (screenshot of the map ingame)

Major glitch is found at

Outpost 88910 75090
Continent: Eudoria
Nearest teleporter: Nymphtown
Longitude: 88910
Latitude: 75090

Flu (sherwood on EF) has send a supportcase to MA.

Guide EF topic: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-universe/176242-touristic-guide-calypso.html

grtz Tissue

Afaik they've been doing some remodelling of landscapes in past VU's, maybe they just don't bother to update the map so much when they know that they'll be doing more terraforming soon.

Shouldn't it be a simple press on a button to generate a new map from the current terrain? I mean it's not like that FPC has hired two persons to paint a map for us pixel by pixel.

Back