Selling: Reformatted sales thread, MM Twen Edition, Sand Stormer + more

index.php

The above sign contains modified lyrics from a song. Question is which song?

Sweet Dreams

[Synchronization Chip 11] SOLD

Sale ends Monday 15th January 2024.

Which film is this?

[Wiesler enters the elevator at his apartment building. A young boy with a ball joins him]
Junge mit Ball: Are you really with the Stasi?
Hauptmann Gerd Wiesler: Do you even know what the Stasi is?
Junge mit Ball: Yes. They're bad men who put people in prison, says my dad.
Hauptmann Gerd Wiesler: I see. What is the name of your...
[pauses]
Junge mit Ball: My what?
Hauptmann Gerd Wiesler: [thinks for a few more seconds] Ball. What's the name of your ball?
Junge mit Ball: You're funny. Balls don't have names.

Director Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck
Writer Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck
Stars Ulrich Mühe, Martina Gedeck, Sebastian Koch

In 1984 East Berlin, an agent of the secret police, conducting surveillance on a writer and his lover, finds himself becoming increasingly absorbed by their lives.

Sale ends Monday 15th January 2024.
The Lives of Others

Last edited:
Cleaned up opening post again. Deleted all sold items (that were listed at end of post). Deleted old prices.
Which film is this?

Prem Kumar: It's getting hot in here.
Jamal Malik: Are you nervous?
Prem Kumar: [audience laughs] What? Am I nervous ? It's you who's in the hot seat, my friend!
Jamal Malik: Yes, sorry.

Directors Danny Boyle, Loveleen Tandan
Writers Simon Beaufoy, Vikas Swarup
Stars Dev Patel, Freida Pinto, Saurabh Shukla

A Mumbai teenager reflects on his life after being accused of cheating on the Indian version of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?"

Last edited:
Slumdog Millionaire

Which film is this?

Komarovski: Lara, I am determined to save you from a dreadful error. There are two kinds of men, and only two, and that young man is one kind. He is high-minded. He is pure. He is the kind of man that the world pretends to look up to and in fact despises. He is the kind of man who breeds unhappiness; particularly in women. Now, do you understand?
Lara: No.
Komarovski: I think you do. There's another kind. Not high-minded. Not pure. But alive. Now that your taste at this time should incline towards the juvenile is understandable. But for you to marry that boy would be a disaster. Because there's two kinds of women...
[Lara covers her ears, he forces her arms down]
Komarovski: There are two kinds of women and you - as we well know - are not the first kind.
[Lara slaps him, he slaps her back]
Komarovski: You, my dear, are a slut.
Lara: I am not!
Komarovski: We'll see.

Director David Lean
Writers Boris Pasternak, Robert Bolt
Stars Omar Sharif, Julie Christie, Geraldine Chaplin

The life of a Russian physician and poet who, although married to another, falls in love with a political activist's wife and experiences hardship during World War I and then the October Revolution.

Doctor Zhivago

Which film is this?

Augustine: [to returning spacecraft] I'm afraid we didn't do a very good job of looking after the place while you were away.

Director George Clooney
Writers Lily Brooks-Dalton, Mark L. Smith
Stars George Clooney, Felicity Jones, David Oyelowo

This post-apocalyptic tale follows Augustine, a lonely scientist in the Arctic, as he races to stop Sully and her fellow astronauts from returning home to a mysterious global catastrophe.

The Midnight Sky

Which film is this?

[last lines]
Ensign Frank Thurlowe Pulver: Captain, it is I, Ensign Pulver, and I just threw your stinkin' palm tree overboard! Now what's all this crud about no movie tonight?

Directors John Ford, Mervyn LeRoy, Joshua Logan
Writers Frank S. Nugent, Joshua Logan, Thomas Heggen
Stars Henry Fonda, James Cagney, William Powell, Jack Lemmon

In the waning days of World War II, the cargo officer of a Navy supply ship chafes at its role far from the action in the Pacific's backwater areas, his frustration rising when its captain denies the crew liberty over petty irritations.

Mister Roberts

What's wrong with this picture?

index.php

It involves a bug!
It's a common bug but one which no one seems to talk about...

The mob being shot does not appear on radar i.e. there is no red dot for it on radar

Which film is this?

Kurt Potter: Wha... how did you do this?
Susan: Well, um, seeing as how I have no brains or legal expertise, and Ed here was losing all faith in the system, am I right?
Ed Masry: Oh, yeah, completely. No faith, no faith...
Susan: I just went out there and performed sexual favors. Six hundred and thirty-four blow jobs in five days... I'm really quite tired.

Note:
Susan is not a character in this movie :) the real character name has been substituted with Susan to make this more of a challenge!

Director Steven Soderbergh
Writer Susannah Grant
Stars Julia Roberts, Albert Finney, David Brisbin

An unemployed single mother becomes a legal assistant and almost single-handedly brings down a California power company accused of polluting a city's water supply.

Erin Brockovich

Which film is this?

Toby Howard: I've been poor my whole life, like a disease passing from generation to generation. But not my boys, not anymore.

Director David Mackenzie
Writer Taylor Sheridan
Stars Chris Pine, Ben Foster, Jeff Bridges

Toby is a divorced father who's trying to make a better life. His brother is an ex-con with a short temper and a loose trigger finger. Together, they plan a series of heists against the bank that's about to foreclose on their family ranch.

Hell or High Water

I would say irony but you could have one of your own

Which film is this?

[repeated line]
Major John Smith: Broadsword calling Danny Boy.

Director Brian G. Hutton
Writer Alistair MacLean
Stars Richard Burton, Clint Eastwood, Mary Ure

Allied agents stage a daring raid on a castle where the Nazis are holding American brigadier general George Carnaby prisoner, but that's not all that's really going on.

Where Eagles Dare

Which film is this?

Eddie Morra: Well, in order for a career to evolve, I'm gonna have to move on.
Carl Van Loon: That you would even think that would only show me how unprepared you are to be on your own. I mean, you do know you're a freak? Your deductive powers are a gift from God or chance or a straight shot of sperm or whatever or whoever wrote your life-script. A gift, not earned. You do not know what I know because you have not earned those powers. You're careless with those powers, you flaunt them, and you throw them around like a brat with his trust-fund. You haven't had to climb up all the greasy little rungs. You haven't been bored blind at the fundraisers. You haven't done the time and that first marriage to the girl with the right father. You think you can leap over all in a single bound. You haven't had to bribe or charm or threat your way to a seat at that table. You don't know how to assess your competition because you haven't competed. Don't make me your competition

Director Neil Burger
Writers Leslie Dixon, Alan Glynn
Stars Bradley Cooper, Anna Friel, Abbie Cornish

A mysterious pill that enables the user to access 100% of his brain's abilities transforms a struggling writer into a financial wizard, but it also puts him in a new world with many dangers.

Limitless

Which film is this?

Joy Adamson: Elsa, Elsa
[Joy cries sitting out on the hood of the truck as they ride in search of the young lioness]
George Adamson: Let's try this.
[2 shots ring out from his gun. George sees Elsa stumbling through the grass, approaching their vehicle]
Joy Adamson: all my nightmares had come true.
[Now Elsa rests in their tent as they argue over her]
George Adamson: ...she can't make it. she can't think. she can't mix with her own kind... She can't do anything the wild animals do to survive. You've done too good a job on her. You've made her tame. It's too late to try to let her go wild now. All we're doing is making her miserable, torturing her. How could you be so cruel?
Joy Adamson: You keep quiet George.
George Adamson: I don't know what goes on in that head of yours anymore... What's wrong with a zoo, anyway?
Joy Adamson: nothing. Except that she won't be free.
George Adamson: and Is freedom so important?
Joy Adamson: yes, yes, she was born free and she has the right to live free. Why don't we live in a more comfortable setting George? Other people do. We chose to live out here cause it represents freedom for us. Because we can breathe.
George Adamson: Joy, tell me the truth. You just don't want to give her up. What you're really hoping is that she can stay out here, wild, but not too wild. That you can see her every now and then.
Joy Adamson: it's not the whole truth. But I don't deny I'd like it.
George Adamson: it's impossible. It cannot happen.
Joy Adamson: ...at least she would be free. At least she wouldn't be in a cage for the rest of her life.
George Adamson: even if she gets herself killed in the process.
Joy Adamson: [stroking Elsa's leg] I'd never forgive myself I suppose.
[Joy narrates]
Joy Adamson: although at one time we were afraid she'd die, Elsa did recover. And when she did, she seemed somehow different.

Directors James Hill, Tom McGowan
Writers Joy Adamson, Lester Cole
Stars Virginia McKenna, Bill Travers, Geoffrey Keen

The story of George and Joy Adamson and the orphaned lion cub, Elsa, they adopt.

Born Free

Which film is this?

Phil: What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?
Ralph: That about sums it up for me.

Director Harold Ramis
Writers Danny Rubin, Harold Ramis
Stars Bill Murray, Andie MacDowell, Chris Elliott

A narcissistic, self-centered weatherman finds himself in a time loop on Groundhog Day.

Back