Selling: Reformatted sales thread, MM Twen Edition, Sand Stormer + more

All is Lost

Which film is this?

Kyoko: [after the rest of the family had left] I think they should have stayed a bit longer.
Noriko: But they're busy.
Kyoko: They're selfish. Demanding things and leaving like this.
Noriko: They have their own affairs.
Kyoko: But you have yours too. They're selfish.
Noriko: But Kyoko...
Kyoko: Wanting her clothes right after her death. I felt so sorry for poor mother. Even strangers would have been more considerate!
Noriko: But look Kyoko. At your age I thought so too. But children do drift away from their parents. A woman has her own life, apart from her parents, when she becomes Shige's age. She meant no harm I'm sure. They have to look after their own lives.
Kyoko: I wonder: I won't ever be like that. Then what's the point of family?
Noriko: But children become like that, gradually.
Kyoko: Then... you, too?
Noriko: I may become like that in spite of myself.
Kyoko: Isn't life disappointing?
Noriko: Yes, it is.

Director Yasujirô Ozu
Writers Kôgo Noda, Yasujirô Ozu
Stars Chishû Ryû, Chieko Higashiyama, Sô Yamamura

An old couple visit their children and grandchildren in the city, but receive little attention.

Tokyo Story

Which film is this?

[repeated lines]
Derice Bannock: Sanka you dead?
Sanka Coffie: Ya, mon.

Director Jon Turteltaub
Writers Lynn Siefert, Michael Ritchie, Tommy Swerdlow
Stars John Candy, Leon, Doug E. Doug

When a Jamaican sprinter is disqualified from the Olympic Games, he enlists the help of a dishonored coach to start the first Jamaican Bobsled Team.

Cool Runnings

Which film is this?

Saroo Brierley: I'm sorry you couldn't have your own kids.
Sue Brierley: What are you saying?
Saroo Brierley: We... we... weren't blank pages, were we? Like your own would have been. You weren't just adopting us but our past as well. I feel like we're killing you.
Sue Brierley: I could have had kids.
Saroo Brierley: What?
Sue Brierley: We chose not to have kids. We wanted the two of you. That's what we wanted. We wanted the two of you in our lives.That's what we chose.
[pause]
Sue Brierley: That's one of the reasons I fell in love with your dad.
[pause]
Sue Brierley: Because we both felt as if... the world has enough people in it. Have a child, couldn't guarantee it will make anything better. But to take a child that's suffering like you boys were. Give you a chance in the world. That's something.

Director Garth Davis
Writers Saroo Brierley, Luke Davies
Stars Dev Patel, Nicole Kidman, Rooney Mara

A five-year-old Indian boy is adopted by an Australian couple after getting lost hundreds of kilometers from home. 25 years later, he sets out to find his lost family.

Which film is this?

Man in Hall: Hey Marshal, don't you owe me a strip search?
Carrie Stetko: [about earlier streaking] You were the second guy out the door, right?
Man in Hall: Yeah.
Carrie Stetko: Not interested.

Director Dominic Sena
Writers Jon Hoeber, Erich Hoeber, Chad Hayes
Stars Kate Beckinsale, Gabriel Macht, Tom Skerritt

U.S. Marshal Carrie Stetko tracks a killer in Antarctica as the sun is about to set for six months.

Whiteout

Which film is this?

Lou Bloom: What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them? What if I was the kind of person who was obliged to hurt you for this? I mean physically. I think you'd have to believe afterward, if you could, that agreeing to participate and then backing out at the critical moment was a mistake. Because that's what I'm telling you, as clearly as I can.

Director Dan Gilroy
Writer Dan Gilroy
Stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo, Bill Paxton

When Louis Bloom, a con man desperate for work, muscles into the world of L.A. crime journalism, he blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story.

Nightcrawler

Which film is this?

Beeze Dwyer: I'm hungry.
Jack Dwyer: Hi Hungry, I'm Dad.
Lucy Dwyer: Not funny.
Jack Dwyer: I'm not Funny, I'm Dad.
Lucy Dwyer: Still not funny.

Director John Erick Dowdle
Writers John Erick Dowdle, Drew Dowdle
Stars Lake Bell, Pierce Brosnan, Owen Wilson

In their new overseas house, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape from an environment where foreigners are being immediately executed.

No Escape

Recent additions
[EWE EP-40 Mercenary, Modified, TWEN Edition] Tier 5
Sand Stormer with one part Dark Knight of Arkadia
Complete set of [Serpent's Scale Modified]

Updated just now:
EMT kit Ek-2600, Modified added
Omegaton ASG-2 Swine Deluxe Tier 7 + Fi/Ra/Co Evil, Modified SOLD

Please see opening post for more details

EMT kit Ek-2600, Modified has been moved to in game auction

Which film is this?

[first title cards]
Title Card: In 1941, three men walked out of the Himalayas into India. / They had survived a 4000 mile walk to freedom. / This film is dedicated to them.

Director Peter Weir
Writers Peter Weir, Keith R. Clarke, Slavomir Rawicz
Stars Jim Sturgess, Ed Harris, Colin Farrell

Siberian gulag escapees travel four thousand miles by foot to freedom in India.

Complete set of [Serpent's Scale Modified] Sold
Added Mayhem Trauma Amplifier 3

Please see opening post for more details.

The Way Back

Which film is this?

Jules Myers: You're going to sue one of the world's biggest insurance companies?
Steve Meyers: Well, apparently I wouldn't stand a chance - I'm suin' God.

---------------------------------------

Steve Meyers: So if God does exist, the Churches must be liable.
Anna Redmond: And the churches can only win the case if they prove God does not exist.
Steve Meyers: [laughs] Do you want to tell them?

Director Mark Joffe
Writers Don Watson, John Clarke, Patrick McCarville
Stars Billy Connolly, Judy Davis, Colin Friels

An ex lawyer now fisherman sees his fishing boat sunk by a lightning. His insurance company claims "Act of God". Sue the insurance company or God/churches?

The Man Who sued God

Which film is this?

Sintara Golden: Potential is what people see when they think what's in front of them isn't good enough.

Director Cord Jefferson
Writers Cord Jefferson, Percival Everett
Stars Jeffrey Wright, Tracee Ellis Ross, John Ortiz

A novelist who's fed up with the establishment profiting from Black entertainment uses a pen name to write a book that propels him into the heart of the hypocrisy and madness he claims to disdain.

American Fiction

Which film is this?

Heinrich Dorfmann: Mr. Towns, you behave as if stupidity were a virtue. Why is that?

Director Robert Aldrich
Writers Lukas Heller, Elleston Trevor
Stars James Stewart, Richard Attenborough, Peter Finch

After an oil company plane crashes in the Sahara, the survivors are buoyed with hope by one of the passengers, an airplane designer who plans for them to build a flyable plane from the wreckage.

The Flight of the Phoenix

Which film is this? (This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. The real jaw dropping plot twist will leave you amazed! This is a Spanish mystery thriller film and has spawned six remakes in different languages)

Virginia Goodman: Your testimony has holes, and I need details. Plausibility is based on details. I can use them to convince the world that you're innocent. I assure you, I can do it.

Director Oriol Paulo
Writers Oriol Paulo, Lara Sendim
Stars Mario Casas, Ana Wagener, Jose Coronado

A successful entrepreneur accused of murder and a witness preparation expert have less than three hours to come up with an impregnable defense.

The Invisible Guest
Trailer
The movie
(Remember to turn on subtitles and translate to your language in settings)

Eir Mk 1 Price Reduced
Some other items moved to in game auction. See opening post for details.

Which film is this?

Hoke Colburn: [Hoke walks in, Boolie and Daisy are there to confront him about a missing can of salmon] Mornin', Miss Daisy. I think it's gettin' ready to clear up out there! Oh, 'scuse me, Mr. Werthan!
Boolie Werthan: Hoke, I think we're gonna have to have a little talk.
Hoke Colburn: All right, sir. Just let me get outta my coat.
[pauses, then turns to Daisy]
Hoke Colburn: Oh, Miss Daisy, yesterday, while you was out visitin', I went and ate a can of your salmon. Now, I know you said eat the left-over pork chops, but they was kinda stiff. So, I stopped at the Piggly Wiggly and got you another can. You want me just to go on and put it in the cupboard?
Daisy Werthan: [embarrassed] Yes, that'll be fine... thank you, Hoke. Well, I guess I'd better get dressed now!

Director Bruce Beresford
Writer Alfred Uhry
Stars Morgan Freeman, Jessica Tandy, Dan Aykroyd

An old Jewish woman and her African-American chauffeur in the American South have a relationship that grows and improves over the years.

Driving Miss Daisy

Which film is this?

Alejandro: Nothing will make sense to your American ears, and you will doubt everything that we do, but in the end you will understand.

Director Denis Villeneuve
Writer Taylor Sheridan
Stars Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, Benicio Del Toro

An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by a government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. and Mexico.

Sicario

Mod 2600 T1 Sold

Which film is this?

Leonard Shelby: We all lie to ourselves to be happy.

Director Christopher Nolan
Writers Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan
Stars Guy Pearce, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano

A man with short-term memory loss attempts to track down his wife's murderer.

Back