Help: Mentor is never online anymore?

Capsup

Hatchling
Society
NBK Legion
Habeki Capsup Engell
Well, I had a REALLY good mentor. He told me everything, talked to me about what I could do, said what I should start with to earn some money and then progress further on. He also went with me on my first hunt. Never mind, he was a very good mentor. But suddently, he stopped to come online. He haven't been online in a month now, and I have to ask:

Am I screwed now? Is there no way I can get a new mentor?

I was with him like a week, so I didn't come very far. So I've been wondering, should I just create a new account and then get a new mentor?

Any help appreciated.

You don't "need" a mentor to progress in the game. There are plenty of people that will help you. Just ask :)

Noooo! Dont start over!!!
Continue to work at what youve been doing, chances are very good that he has just had some real life issues come up! It happens sometimes. You are perfectly capable of graduating on your own without ever seeing your mentor again if you want to.
I would suggest that you use this forum, ask lots of questions and simply continue on, that way if he comes back it will be a very nice surprise to see your progress!

Good luck!

Blackjack :cowboy:

Hi Cap,

Never create a new account, that is bad practice and against the rules. You may especially encounter problems when depositing and withdrawing money. (or with support, RL items being sent, account being locked, ...).

Sometimes people just disappear for a while, only to come back later. I assume your mentor did not have any means to contact you to say he had to go (who knows, he may have died? ;) (sry, bad joke, but a possibility)).
I would give him some time if i were you.

You need your mentor for two things:
- information
- graduating

The information can be gotten in several ways. You can find an 'unofficial' mentor, outside the mentoring system (check eu-mentor.info) or join a society. This forum is a great place to gather your information as well.

The graduation needs to be done by the mentor. You need to get the skills, the mentor needs to push a button. Only then you are free to use skill chips. If, for some reason you get the required skills, but haven't seen your mentor by then, you can send in a support case to MA and ask them to release you. With your current skills i think you are too skilled to have another mentor, so there is no use to ask MA to be released from your current mentor already.

I am currently on CP and don't have a lot of time to chat, otherwise i could offer you my services. I can recommend you to the soc I am in. To apply go to the society terminal and apply to "NBK Legion". People there will be very helpful with your EU career.

Have fun!

(and i hope your mentor gets back)

Thank you for the advices guys, really appreciated. Well, I found out my mentor appeared to have released me, due to it says "You have no mentors". I'm going to apply for that society you recommended, (Thanks), and will look on the mentor list for a possible mentor. Thanks alot.

Check if you have more than 20 levels in any of the graduation skills (usually Rifle); if you do it's too late to get a new mentor. If you've been hunting for a month, you probably do.

But a Mentor is most use in the first period of playing; after that, you will be just as well off being in a Society, or reading the guides here on the Forum.

If your Mentor did actually release you, then that was a thoughtful decision by someone who realised he wouldn't be playing much. A bad Mentor would not have done that, and just waited for the free gift to roll in if you graduated.

Hi Cap,

I can recommend you to the soc I am in. To apply go to the society terminal and apply to "NBK Legion". People there will be very helpful with your EU career.

Have fun!

(and i hope your mentor gets back)

Nice recruiting job there! +rep (must spread, blah)

try to find a society with more experienced ppl who will help you, there are plenty good socs out there for low skilled players! They will stop you from making too many mistakes, but you know...

mistakes are the best mentors...

What is your mentors name?

Check out the Pathfinder's Academy

Hi would like to recomend you check out the Entropia Pathfinder's Academy. You can view our website at www.dragoneygaming.info. the website is set up as a tutorial system with missions and goals as well as tutorials. The nice thing is that you dont have to have your "mentor" online to benefit from the information included within. it is a self paced system that allows you to interact as much as or as little as you want to with the other members of the society. The leader Draco DragonEy and his Wife Midnight Shereaper(ME) are both former member s of the NBK Legion and really apreciated the help the NBK supplied. We have just taken it to the next level in our humble opinion. Oh Ya... I can show you how to LEGALLY and without violating the EULA get a new mentor if you still want one. PM Me if you have questions. But first check out the site....
:yay: www.dragoneygaming.info :yay:

Glad to hear that your mentor released you, that shows that he cares. Presumably something happened that meant he would not be able to play for a while.
I was also lucky with my mentor. He stayed around until I graduated and then disappeared for six months. Now he is back and we sometiems go hunting together.

my mentor also disappeared... but luckily he introduced me to a nice bunch of people before he did ;) I think that is the key... any mentor should present you to his her soc and introduce you there so you got help at hand when your mentor is not around...

I really thought that as being a disciple you could always "kick" your mentor?
But reading some stuff from a thread of Pinky, I see that after a few %, you can't kick him/her and he or she can't release you?! That is strange I think, perhaps even stupid! :scratch2: But it could also be me, thinking to much... :rolleyes::ahh:

But reading some stuff from a thread of Pinky, I see that after a few %, you can't kick him/her and he or she can't release you?! That is strange I think, perhaps even stupid! :scratch2: But it could also be me, thinking to much... :rolleyes::ahh:

After a certain amount of skill is attained a disciple cannot kick his/her mentor, but a mentor can kick a disciple at any time. I have always told mine to just ask and I will release them if they are not happy with the arrangement.

Blackjack :cowboy:

it is actually 20 pts in any graduation skill (e.g. 20 pts in rifle you cant kick the mentor anymore)

the mentor can kick the disciple anytime

I just graduated a few days ago but i got an big problem with my mentor..i didin`t see it online from the first day i started to play and that was like many months ago..Now how can i be released? I read somewhere in this
forum that i need to be released by MA but where should i write to them and explain my problem ?

Back