Merry Mayhem 2012

dr_udi

Stalker
Dr Udi
Since Kim|MA seems to be posting info in player started threads I thought I make this post...

There are many interesting things coming in the next content update. A lot of effort has gone into improving this years Merry Mayhem which will work in a completely different way compared to previous years. For example it is now an instanced experience with unique monsters, bosses and loot and there are also seperate categories for solo hunters and hunters with support teams.

It is also far less complicated to participate in this years event than previous years. If you want to sign up for merry mayhem simply talk to a quest giver and you'll get a set of instance key based on what category you fit in. These 30 keys are untradable and can be used to gain access to a merry mayhem instance 30 times (1 hour sessions).

There are actually 8 different instances, categories 1-4 (team) and categories 1-4 (solo). Each avatar will get 30 team keys as well as 30 solo keys. You will indeed be able to play as much as you want this year outside of the event and there will be no restrictions on skill chipping.

We have also extended the event time frame to a month starting Dec 14 and ending Jan 14.

The arena is built in the shape of a torus with half of the area alloted to "easy mobs" and half to "hard mobs", each side has three packs of 10 mobs and each pack respawns about 30 seconds after being killed. Killing the hard mobs will be a little more efficient than killing the easy mobs in terms of HP per mission point earned. The mobs themselves have been balanced specifically for this event and don't really have any equivalents out in the regular world although they share graphics with Kerberos and Araneatrox.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice summary much appreciated.
Since Kim|MA seems to be posting info in player started threads I thought I make this post...

Thx gor posting i have been looking for this post.

To MA... Solo MM? Seriusly? Well why not make it just another event.

This new MM system based on instances has a great potential, as it seems it fixes most/all of the negative aspects of the previous versions.

New system means a lot of pending questions, especially on the team instances, and the usage of support people. I hope they're working hard to define fair and clear rules.

Also, that would be great to deliver these instances tomorrow or next week, so that we have time to test/raise defects and MA had time to fix them on time. Nothing is worse than events with new features totally bugged. :silly2:

Also, that would be great to deliver these instances tomorrow or next week, so that we have time to test/raise defects and MA had time to fix them on time. Nothing is worse than events with new features totally bugged. :silly2:

You must have missed something, MA has dedicated test servers and employees doing extensive debugging tests before all updates/events to ensure....

You haven't noticed???

You must have missed something, MA has dedicated test servers and employees doing extensive debugging tests before all updates/events to ensure....

You haven't noticed???

:rofl::laugh::lolup:

What isn't clear is how you collect points in the 30 hours?

In the solo MM;
If it is one point per kill then the guys with high dps weapons will plough through the mobs. Which makes it an uber only contest. I am not sure how they are gonna make it an even playing field unless they make it based on special items looted or highest globals?

Why make changes on what was perfect? To make shit of course..

Hey,

it does sound good but i won't participate in a serious maner because i just know there are gonna be bugs all over those new systems. So i'd rather not loose a lot of money because of no loot in those instanced mobs or the keys not working or something. MM is too big and too hectic for me to deal with bugs and problems on the side.

Regards
Thark

So, we could do solo full 30h and then join a team as well for another 30h?
Each avatar will get 30 team keys as well as 30 solo keys.

So, we could do solo full 30h and then join a team as well for another 30h?

Yes. Actually, you can play as much as you want, as the 1 hour instance keys only control the time spent in the instances. Should take care of all timer worries too.

Kim also wrote:

The arena is built in the shape of a torus with half of the area alloted to "easy mobs" and half to "hard mobs", each side has three packs of 10 mobs and each pack respawns about 30 seconds after being killed. Killing the hard mobs will be a little more efficient than killing the easy mobs in terms of HP per mission point earned. The mobs themselves have been balanced specifically for this event and don't really have any equivalents out in the regular world although they share graphics with Kerberos and Araneatrox.

currently I like the solo feature - but need more info about the rules before i decide to join.
Hope to see some more info soon, so there is still enough time to prepare.

What isn't clear is how you collect points in the 30 hours?

In the solo MM;
If it is one point per kill then the guys with high dps weapons will plough through the mobs. Which makes it an uber only contest. I am not sure how they are gonna make it an even playing field unless they make it based on special items looted or highest globals?

UMM hasn't it always been that way? MM has never been an even playing field in any way shape or form, if you can't afford the high dps weapons you probably won't win in your category, that's the way it has always been.

I do see that the 30 solo key and 30 team key does fix that issue where you can only play 30 hours total in 7 days issue which I am happy about.

UMM hasn't it always been that way? MM has never been an even playing field in any way shape or form, if you can't afford the high dps weapons you probably won't win in your category, that's the way it has always been.

I do see that the 30 solo key and 30 team key does fix that issue where you can only play 30 hours total in 7 days issue which I am happy about.

and i love the idea of 14th to 14th , this gives ppl with social lives irl to actually participate.

What kind of dmg will these new mobs do .. what kind of hp do they have .. ?

What kind of dmg will these new mobs do .. what kind of hp do they have .. ?

That's the mayhem surprise ! ;)

Lose Time
Lose Money
Lose Control
Lose Time Tokens

A real pleasure to play in the new "improved"* mayhem this year.

PS : use all of your alt avatars the first week to do all necessary tests,
before joining the real contest... and lose even more money :)
14 december to 14 january.

* : Improved / adjusted / reballanced / ...
the usual vocabulary to say that the cost of playing have been increased again.

Back