Merry Mayhem.. MA Must have watched Animanaiacs...

BenCoyote

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Benjamin 'Ben' Coyote
Alright this isn't a complaint more than just a humorous pokie at how the logic and thinking of a gaming company works when it comes to comeing up with a way for people to play fair.. and yet get their fair share fo decay..

It's a little soemthing I loike to call Goood Idea, Bad idea..

The Good Idea: Having this years MM in an instance format.. 30 keys, 1 hour sessions, and in both solo and team formats... not a bad idea..

Bad Idea.. Putting this in perhpas the most lag ridden server i the game. Namely the Twin Peaks Server..

Now if it were me, I wouldn have put the Instances point at of all places Atlas Haven.. and for good reason..

Low lag there plus very few people travel the inroads to do business there..

Now see, if MA paid more time to what we say and less time to paying attantion to that WB Show "Animaniacs" People would be a lot happier..

Benjamin Ben Coyote
a.k.a."The Blind Sniper"

Now if it were me, I wouldn have put the Instances point at of all places Atlas Haven.. and for good reason..

I would put all 8 categories onto different servers each

it would be better if there were multiple MM instance entrance points all over eudoria that way it splits up the 3k or so people who would like to do Merry mayhem, rather than having all them plus traders and their cars all over the place trying to lag the shit out of the twins server.

The Good Idea: Having this years MM in an instance format.. 30 keys, 1 hour sessions, and in both solo and team formats... not a bad idea..

Bad Idea.. Putting this in perhpas the most lag ridden server i the game. Namely the Twin Peaks Server.

Assuming they are actually run from the Twin Peaks Server (could be a separate server that is just accessed from Twin Peaks) it does seem a bit odd.

Don't really want to keep repeating myself on the testing topic, but I think the real mistake was not giving it a good hard stress test first. Put the instances up there on a Saturday morning a few weeks early, dump some migration mobs in em, give everyone 10 keys and drop some CLDs and armour pieces. By Saturday afternoon the server has crashed and MA can work on sorting it out without messing up anyone's competition.

I highly doubt the instances are running on the twin server. Surely no-one is dumb enough to do that. The lag noted is more likely the fact that a few hundred are doing the instances at any one time - more than enough to cripple an MA server. Putting them all on separate servers would be smarter as someone pointed out.

would have been neat to have one instance per tp and scatter them all over the planet instead of lining them all up right there at twin peaks. Make it a bit like a scavenger hunt for the doorway to get in.

Give some folks a reason to get some tps if they don't have them all yet.

I don't think the instances are all on twin's server, but the doorways to get there are... so that server is population heavy.

Instances run on separate servers from the "regular" universe... each planet probably has their own server(s), since I don't recall anyone from here complaining about beacons being down when the Ark instance server got overloaded.

I was in a key 10 when the first big crash happened. It locked up on me, spit me out an hour later and gave me the tt value of what my loot would have been. Fucking annoying to get 70% tt return and no MU :mad:

So some of the instance servers are shared. Not sure to what extent.

I don't know what servers they run the event on but those crashes are really annoying...

Assuming they are actually run from the Twin Peaks Server (could be a separate server that is just accessed from Twin Peaks) it does seem a bit odd.

Don't really want to keep repeating myself on the testing topic, but I think the real mistake was not giving it a good hard stress test first. Put the instances up there on a Saturday morning a few weeks early, dump some migration mobs in em, give everyone 10 keys and drop some CLDs and armour pieces. By Saturday afternoon the server has crashed and MA can work on sorting it out without messing up anyone's competition.

I was in Twin peaks when the server had a hiccup and dumped everyone there. Several people were also dumped from MM instances the same time. Question is did the Instance problem cause too many people loading in and crash the Twin Peaks server or is it all on one server and crashed same time?:scratch2::dunce:

Lets all hope that next year they

Put each category access point in a diferent entry location.

Use the entry location and test the servers on stressful situations a few weeks before.

Back