Mindark at Future TV Summit '08

BrianMik

Alpha
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
PeaceKeeper Sarge Sergeant
Probably there to try and sell "Planet ESPN" or "Planet Fishing Network".

That'd be my guess anyway since they're trying to sell this thing as social networking/e-commerce these days.

AG

That'd be my guess anyway since they're trying to sell this thing as social networking/e-commerce these days.

AG

Something along those lines...
"TV… but not as we know it
Join us in New York for the Future TV Show North America 2008, an ideal platform for broadcasters and network operators to meet production companies and channels and discuss the exciting world of media convergence. "

20 years ago when Interactive TV was a big buzzword, I was picturing myself sitting at the bar in Cheers and getting served by Sam or Diane.

I didn't know until now that AT&T has an Executive VP of Programming... maybe they've changed from American Telephone and Telegraph to Telephone and Television?

AG

There has been some companies that are in media (radio and TV) that has
been interested to join EU since 2006, so I guess it can also be the oposite,
they try to get in to EU instead of MA try to get them inside EU... ;)

Last edited:
been interesting to join EU since 2006, so I guess it can also be the oposite,
they try to get in to EU instead of MA try to get them inside EU... ;)

I was thinkin the same. People have mentioned how cool it would be to watch movies inside EU, get ur Soc together and throw on a movie in ur apartment HD Plasma ;)

TV ingame would be a nice feature as well methinks.

Nothing on current TV would interest me while playing Entropia. Maybe the Sci-fi channel if they showed enough Sci-fi..., but the idea of watching crappy TV like "Friends", "Punky Brewster", "Survivor", and "Passions" reruns and NFL, NHL, and the like while cleaning my Charade and Nemesis makes me wanna puke. I log in for sci-fi rpg escapism, not for ad (or TV)screens to push crap at me.

AG, who ironically works at a TV station.

Nothing on current TV would interest me while playing Entropia. Maybe the Sci-fi channel if they showed enough Sci-fi..., but the idea of watching crappy TV like "Friends", "Punky Brewster", "Survivor", and "Passions" reruns and NFL, NHL, and the like while cleaning my Charade and Nemesis makes me wanna puke. I log in for sci-fi rpg escapism, not for ad (or TV)screens to push crap at me.

AG, who ironically works at a TV station.

I'm sure many will agree with you but at least there would be the option to. It could be done within apts only so others aren't subjected to the crappy tv shows they don't want to see.

::Selling EU Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis DVD sets @ Vote:: :silly2:

I'd be first in line to get my hands on those

...maybe Battlestar Galactica, since there is much robot explodification (sure, "explodification" is a word.. I made it myself!) on there. "Take that, you frakkin' toasters!" LOL

AG

...or maybe "Wormhole Xtreme!" if there were more than 3 episodes.

Want to expand on this idea a little more:

MA hooks up with iTunes or something similar:

Buy episodes for $1.99 as usual but you get the added functionality of playing it on your screen ingame too. Kinda like getting a virtual copy of the entropian when you bought the RL magazine.

Any added revenue source for MA can only be good news...as long as its not increasing decay right?? ;)

Back