MindArk at their best ;)

Status

Phobia

Guardian
Society
Freeballin'
Julia Phobia Relic
WARNING: This post contains opinions that may not be suitable for all audiences. Reader discretion is advised.

This is old, but I'll post it anyways. It was taken from the "Project Entropia FAQ" on Stratics. Pay close attention to the bold print.

Why is MindArk AB so conservative with information?
MindArk has long ago adapted the stance of being true to our self and our audience, we do this by not over hyping the product, a practice that is commonplace in the Computer entertainment industry. The industry is plagued with false promises, never intended to be kept, but given to the public about features and specifics of the product. MindArk strives to be accurate and honest when delivering information. This is why we sometimes seem a little short on information. Until we can back a statement up with hard facts we simply don’t make one. It is also important to remember that we have an entire industry of potential competitors who would love to get our design details and solutions concerning the virtual universe (which, at the current moment, are Patent Pending under our submitted application ). Also, there are cheats and hackers out there who would enjoy nothing more but to become a security hazard to us. Thus we cannot reveal our security systems in place.

Crow, anyone? :laugh:

*EDIT*

I also found this in the same FAQ. This should clear up a few common topics.

How is MindArk going to make any profit?
Most of MindArk´s income will be made through the repair of deteriorated items and equipment. Just like in real life, items and equipment will deteriorate over the course of time and general ware, and will therefore need to be repaired and renewed. Advertising and merchandise will also be sources of income for MindArk.

Last edited:
bla bla bla if you have to go searching for crap why not just quit and find another game and leave those of us that enjoy it.

Sure MA has some problems sure sometimes they dont come through on things but so does EVERYONE IN THE FREAKING WORLD, EVEN YOU, EVEN ME!

I just enjoy the fun things in PE and dont worry about the bad if i started to not like PE i'd quit not sit and whine about stupid things.

1. This wasn't posted for people to flame me ;)

2. I enjoy this game just as much as the next person. That doesn't change the fact that some things are still not the way they should be.

3. Telling someone to quit and leave you alone because they are pointing out significant facts is immature.

4. I'm a huge fan of good customer service. Sure, companies make mistakes, but most companies make them gracefully. MA hasn't been taking very good notes during class :wise:

4. I didn't go searching for it, I was simply browsing the same sites that I normally browse.

5. MA has been doing the opposite of what was stated in the first quote for, well, I can't remember how long. This is not something that anyone on this forum can deny. MA has stated, in several VUs, that it was going to add something in the "near future" that is yet to be seen.

And finally, the last quote was just to make a point, that MA has infact stated that they recieve income from repairs/decay.

Phobia said:
5. MA has been doing the opposite of what was stated in the first quote for, well, I can't remember how long. This is not something that anyone on this forum can deny. MA has stated, in several VUs, that it was going to add something in the "near future" that is yet to be seen.

Have you defined how long time is "near future"? In some businesses near future means years :rolleyes:

I would think MA's near future means in VU 7.x not in VU 8+

Well, if MA was talking to another company, then they would be justified in implying that these features would be in the "near future", meaning "a few years".

However, seeing as how they are talking to gamers, who are generally impatient, and do not associate the words "near future" with a meaning of "a few years", they need to be a little more forthcoming.

RexDameon said:
bla bla bla if you have to go searching for crap why not just quit and find another game and leave those of us that enjoy it.

Sure MA has some problems sure sometimes they dont come through on things but so does EVERYONE IN THE FREAKING WORLD, EVEN YOU, EVEN ME!

I just enjoy the fun things in PE and dont worry about the bad if i started to not like PE i'd quit not sit and whine about stupid things.

Wow Rex, that was a little over the top. Phobia included a few smilies in his post so I guess he didn't post it to whine about MA. Seems to me he's enjoying PE as much as any other. And it IS quite fun to read that statement. It's clearly NOT true.

Just my :twocents:

Just to clear up one of my previous statements. Here's what Marco generally says when something is not coming in the "near future" ;)

Long term (not coming in VU 7.6) we are looking at the feasibility to add factories, with machines, employees and large-scale construction of consumable items.

The term "near future" is generally associated as "short term".

DArkAngel: why are you sweating a dead armax in your siggy? ;)

Shadow-Ale said:
DArkAngel: why are you sweating a dead armax in your siggy? ;)

I'm a noob, I don't want to die so I wait until the mobs are dead before trying to sweat them. It's been a long time since i gotten some sweat though. I guess it's the new VU ;)

Phobia: Sorry for the off topic :)

I see no reason for this thread, and as this is old...

:locked:

Status
Back