TeesMaarKhan

Prowler
Society
Shaolin
Tees Maar Khan - Formerly The Crouching Tiger 2006 - 2011
Hi

Regarding this

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2022/03/10/index.xmll

Can MA please make the player base aware of the Donations it is making of the amounts and dates, as a player base who is pumping money in this company we do have a right to know where our money is being used and how much?

Were these donations only within that set period of time or are recurring?

Are these donations impacting player returns?

I did make a poll asking whether companies should get involved in political issues happening around the world with a few other questions but it was deleted instantly under 3.6 real world controversial discussions.

surely if its the players funds being used then players have the right to decide via a Vote whether yes or no?

Hopefully this this is not controversial as its a real issue involving player funds in the company and a genuine question.

Regards
Tees

Last edited:
Not sure if you're asking players or MA, but reading that post by MA they were quite clear

"Later today, MindArk will be donating 50,000 USD to the UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) to help Ukrainians in need due to the conflict. For more information about the UNHCR, visit: https://sverigeforunhcr.se/ukraina.

In addition, 10% of MindArk’s revenue generated in Entropia Universe between March 10, 2022 and April 10, 2022 (minus today’s donation of 50,000 USD), will be donated to the UNHCR, allowing Entropians to also help those in need via their activity in Entropia Universe."

50k USD + 1 Month of revenue went to UNHCR during spring of 2022?
Sure if they donate more I would probably want to know since their money come from us in a sense.

I did make a poll asking whether companies should get involved in political issues happening around the world with a few other questions but it was deleted instantly under 3.6 real world controversial discussions.

Some clarification over their donations policy would be welcome.

Last edited:
In a world where people fight for freedom os speech, why would not companies be allowed to take a public position or another on a topic of their choice? Freedom of speech is not forbidding others to speak their minds if their opinions contradict your beliefs.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask why they chose a cause and not the other ones too, on the contrary, it's very silly, they would not survive if they donated to all causes just so the whataboutism folks get satisfied...

In a world where people fight for freedom os speech, why would not companies be allowed to take a public position or another on a topic of their choice? Freedom of speech is not forbidding others to speak their minds if their opinions contradict your beliefs.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask why they chose a cause and not the other ones too, on the contrary, it's very silly, they would not survive if they donated to all causes just so the whataboutism folks get satisfied...
I don't believe there was a question asking why they decided to take a position on this topic or why they chose to support this and why not that. it was more of clarification of donations given, I believe you completely misread the post, or maybe i misunderstood your post.

Regards
Tees

I don't believe there was a question asking why they decided to take a position on this topic or why they chose to support this and why not that. it was more of clarification of donations given, I believe you completely misread the post, or maybe i misunderstood your post.

Regards
Tees
I did make a poll asking whether companies should get involved in political issues

Why shouldn't they if they want to?

Hi

Regarding this

https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2022/03/10/index.xmll

Can MA please make the player base aware of the Donations it is making of the amounts and dates, as a player base who is pumping money in this company we do have a right to know where our money is being used and how much?

Were these donations only within that set period of time or are recurring?

Are these donations impacting player returns?

surely if its the players funds being used then players have the right to decide via a Vote whether yes or no?

Hopefully this this is not controversial as its a real issue involving player funds in the company and a genuine question.

Regards
Tees
Sorry, but is that link you sent not MA making the playerbase aware of what they are doing?

Companies make donations. Tax free. Clever way MA can pay less tax.. More donations.. To my PED card

There is nothing illegal or questionable about a company doing this with its money. From a purely financial perspective, reducing its gross income with tax-deductable donations is also a tax-saving measure. On the other hand, these might be subject to approval by the board, though I'm not sure if thresholds apply or what detailed rules apply to this. Interested parties should like to hold company shares which would entitle them to communications about such things.

The one thing I have an issue with is the wording "... allowing Entropians to also help those in need via their activity in Entropia Universe." -- "Allowing" means you have a choice in the matter, which mere participants in the game have not.

Why shouldn't they if they want to?
they certainly can, I was trying guage peoples opinions that's all, but why it got deleted, that i don't know.

they certainly can, I was trying guage peoples opinions that's all, but why it got deleted, that i don't know.
Because they can do whatever they want with their money and there's no point to make polls like this. For sure there will be people who will agree and disagree, but it's MA's choise what to do with their money.
And btw, that donation announcement is 2 years old.

its literally all in the financial reports...

next up, what brand of toilet paper do MindArk uses in its bathrooms?

as a player base who is pumping money in this company we do have a right to know where our money is being used and how much?

/s sorry couldnt help myself :D

if you didnt want to support it you could've try something like not play that month. nobody is forcing you to play you know :) . thats a way of voting if you like to throw it in a polllike structure.

what does MA need todo for you to be informed call you ? come to your house ?

i get this but also don't get it

on the one hand, as long as player returns are kept steady in the aggregate (aka not robbing peter (us) to pay paul) i don't see why we care. it's in that situation not different than me buying a coca cola and the coca cola company supporting a list of charities or causes. i have no legal power to affect that, all i can do is personally boycott the product.

on the other hand, if the cause were somehow especially egregious and beyond the pale, to the point that it brought into question the ethics and mental stability of leadership, that would be dangerous for the company. though since this company has gone public now, i'd expect investors and board to handle such problems. there is no need for us to be responsible for this.

im all for humanitarian efforts, just wish there was some consistency. no love for Palestinians though?
so much for the international law based order.

"you want know who rules over you? just find out who you are not allowed to criticize" idk who to references for this quote

Its not your money anymore once you've spent it.

Companies are allowed to use their funds as they see fit but they must also gauge reprocutions from their customers or player base, especially when a company elects to virtue signal and/or is not financially in the position to be giving money away. It is a 2 way street. If an activity that Mindark does (or a telecom company or any company for that matter) bothers you, you are always free to close your wallet and leave. If enough people do that then that's how companies get the picture (see bud light et al).

Under the hood, most companies tend to give money to people or orgs that you would probably be opposed to so that they can curry favor and it is your job to determine if the service or product provided is worth your principles.

Last edited:
Back