Mining Finder Amplifier Efficiency

Stirge

Old
Society
SECRETS
Stirge Stirge Stirge
Here is my take on how MA might be calculating efficiency for Mining Amps. This hypothesis is based on the 0-7% additional average TT value for weapons based on their efficiency!
Feedback and discussion is most welcome! Enjoy!

I apologize for not watching the video.
The effeciency of Mining Amplifiers is just the decay coefficient.
Decay = 0.2*Efficiency.

For example:
Level 2 Finder Amplifier. Efficiency = 2.5. Decay = 0.2*2.5 = 0.5 ped;
Level 13 Finder Amplifier (L). Efficiency = 100. Decay = 0.2*100 = 20 ped;
Terra Amp 8 (L). Efficiency = 60. Decay = 0.2*60 = 12 ped;
etc...

Last edited:
Apologize but while efficiency for weapon is based on 2017 formula and is a parameter for ECONOMICITY of the weapon,
for mining there is not a 2.0 revamp... so as Aeolus say it is just a "item multiplier".... so based on false premises, the results are just a random "overlay" of expectations

more interesting would be an analysis of "does a bigger BET (multiplier) affect the "availability" of deposits?
maybe yhour database on excel has some hints on that.

GL mate

I`m interested how finders that use more probes than default (20 10 30) together with amps? What are your opinions about?
How this efficiency work with those finders ?

@Msturlese Agreed, that is the sad part. Loot 2.0 changed mining in some ways but MA didn't tell us how. I was just positing an idea that maybe, for game-code efficiency, MA applied the weapon efficiency to mining amps "Efficiency directly affects average TT return by 0-7%." And, then tried to extrapolate from that.
I would love to have some data to work with that indicates how amp size affects resource availability and claim size. I suspect that data exists but it's not being openly shared, sadly.

@Aeolus While "Decay = 0.2*Efficiency" is interesting it doesn't tell us what mining amplifier 'efficiency' contributes to a mining claim. MA needs to tell us in terms like that of weapon efficiency. That was all in the video...

@LUCmarius1 I didn't include pre-amped finders like the DSEC ones because I have no data on them. But, from watching many seasoned miners use them I can definitely say PED is still lost unless you can find MU resources.
Honestly, I think the F-213 with a level 5-7 amp is the way to go. I wish I could find an F-213 for sale with a good tier rate. :D

I think I will look into the pre-amped finders again + amps. I know of a couple of people to ask. Good call!

Last edited:
THAT, is just an equation with a parameter that is not defined other than just a number. The question is: how does mining finder efficiency affect a mining claim?

THAT, is just an equation with a parameter that is not defined other than just a number. The question is: how does mining finder efficiency affect a mining claim?

Finder equivalent of amps efficiency is "Universal ammo/use", just show directly in peds compared to amps. Comparing amps efficiency to weapons efficiency is absurd, just two very different stats that happen to share same name. And that parameter affects claims just giving proportionally bigger claims to decay

I apologize, but I will play the role of Captain Obvious.
[TT Amp Decay] = 0.2*Efficiency.
[The price of drop] = [TT Probes/UA]+[TT Amp Decay]+[Finder Decay].
[Regular Claim Size] = Range from 0.9*[The price of drop] to 4.5*[The price of drop]. (This is approximately, as the nuances can intervene, for example, TT value of 1x unite of resource).
This is how effeciency affects the size of mining claim.

The size of multiplier-claims is more fixed than regular ones. For example. The first minimum multiplier is in the X11-13 range. In other words, you will never find a deposit size X5-11 (between the maximum size of regular claim and the minimum multiplier).

Examples for the DSEC L30+ L5 scenario. Ore drop. (For simplicity, I do not take into account finder dacay):
[TT Amp decay] = 0.2*10 = 2 ped.
[The price of drop] = 2+2 = 4 ped.
[Regular Claim Size] = Range from 0.9*4 to 4.5*4 = Range from 3.6 to 18 ped.
[First (minimum) Multiplier Size] = from 11x4 to 13x4 = from 44 to 52 ped.

I'm not a miner, but sometimes do it.

Last edited:
Please mate accept that this video is a disinformation one, remove from YT

as per finders, open wiki page, sort them and the concept of "eco" is the "eff" you look for
as per amps, they just are a loss to use due to MU that is not proced in ore deposit
the "expert" miner knows where to use amps (zones with more valuable resources)
the formula
((Total return(intended as TT+MU collected ) )/(total cost (intended as TT+MU spent )))/100 will give you a "survival parameter" i call it ESR (Entropia survival ratio)... if above 0 means activity is successful to transfer losses to other players, otherwise your VISA will pay the ticket.

Last edited:
@Aeolus Thanks for that breakdown that is the type of discussion that is what I think is fun about this game. One interesting thing that I found throughout my mining amplifier use it is possible to get a claim that is smaller in PED value than the decay of the amplifier! And, yes, I have video proof of this. So somewhere in the RNG calculation of the mining claim the efficiency of an amplifier is not included...sometimes.

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but mining amp "efficiency" was around long before the hunting stat efficiency was ever a thing, which is another reason not to try to work backwards and try to apply the newer hunting stat to mining. It's pretty much always been understood as just another way of describing drop cost, though not really paid attention to since most people just go straight to using amp decay for comparison instead of efficiency. The only reason to really even include it nowadays is because it is the in-game stat, and decay generally is something not listed within game for really any profession. If decay was listed, the mining stat for efficiency could pretty much be removed as redundant.

One interesting thing that I found throughout my mining amplifier use it is possible to get a claim that is smaller in PED value than the decay of the amplifier!
That's not really anything out of the ordinary. There is variation in the size of mining claims, amped or not. Sometimes you are just going to get really small loots or "multipliers".

The same happens in crafting. Near success will often be not too far below click cost, but sometimes you'll get a near success that's not even 20% of the click cost. Same in hunting too (which arguably has wider variation in cost to kill vs. returned loot per kill).

Last edited:
yeah claims smaller als dropcost are rare but nothing new e.g. droping unamped 1 ped ore you can get 0,7 ped ignisium

Back