Mining Theorie

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
Im wondering how Depods Working in PE and how Skills can affect it. So here is my little Theorie.

Mining Depods exist first as Random Events. They get an Numer for Example from 1 to 1000 1 Means Tiny Crap 1000 means Über Hof. Manny Random Events out with Low Numers some Events out with High Numbers.

If someone drop a Bomb and Hit this Random Event some Things can Happen.

1. Event got Destroyed he find nothing.
2. Event get found
3 No Event Around so he also find nothing :)

When 2 Happen the Random Event Check the Mining Related Skills and Add a Skill Related but still Random Bonus to the Value of its Number. After that Stats become Peresistent and you See the Depod. Everyone Else can now Bomb the Same Spot and find the Same Deposit.

So i could Happen if you Bomb a Place, finding nothing. Going back in Time and Bomb it again you could find something because that Random Event Square didnt got Destroyed this Time.

I know pretty useless Theory because even if they Right there is nothing about that can be used to find better Mining Spots :)

So i could Happen if you Bomb a Place, finding nothing. Going back in Time and Bomb it again you could find something because that Random Event Square didnt got Destroyed this Time.
I can agree on that. But I think that the "Random Event" as you put it only gets destroyed for you. Someone else could go to the same place you just bombed and find a deposit.

But I also believe there is more to it, like depth and equipment. There's not only one formula involved, but several, and that's why it's so damn hard to figure out how it works. :)

I disagree. Over the past 4 or is it 5 years now (yes I have been playing for that long), I have seen many changes to the mining system. It started as lines ie veins running north, south, east and west. It then went onto lines nnw to sse (of which the old Smith and Mining Company !!!!! continously). The lines were not placed at random coords and I am still looking into a "scientific" reason for it.

These are the known facts :-

1) System can change on the fly as per Mindark's programming / settings.
2) Bomb/probe range is between 45 to 50 meters (I like 48 personally)
3) Mining hofs occur more often when hunting hofs are present.
4) Long veins no longer exist.

With all these facts, I began my research into a few theories.

Basing my ideas on a simple math model (check out www.numberspiral.com) and a few of my own ingame experences, I was able to come up with a theory as to how it works :-

1) Sites are setup 2 fold, Statically and dynamically
2) The length of the smaller veins coinside with some sort of ingame timer

The dynamic system basically spawns mining sites/mobs around the avatar at certain times and distances. Quite easy to code really, all you would need is a timer. Placing bomb at time X would spawn mining site Y at certain coords around the avatar.

The static system on the other hand is very easy to see. Look for mobs in straight "lines" and measure the distance between each one and the length of the line. The length of that line is your radius of a spiral and the number of mobs are the "points" in that line. To figure out the length of time that triggered these spawns simple square the number of mobs in the "vein". Figuring out where to bomb should be easy once you have the radius of the spiral :p

Observation , experience and patience are key ingredients of a good miner. Look what you are doing and think, don't go around blasting less than 66 meters apart. Doing so will just loose you bombs. If you are not finding mining sites STOP. Come back later. I know it's very frustrating when you do not hit sites, even if the area that you are mining in should contain deposits. Even for me my "system" sometimes does not work, but I wait for a few hours/days and it gets better.

Oh just as a side note, let me show u the timer :) The timer is actually built both into the client and the server. The client side timer can be screwed around with quite a bit. Simply enter the game alt-tab out and change your time. Try to walk around, it's very funny when ppl see you jumping on the spot because u are unable to move. I don't know what this timer may do, it may just be something to do with movement but then again it could be used to create a dynamic system.

Thats just my 2 cents on mining (for now)

R4tt3xx said:

With all due respect Rattexx, since you know I respect you have WAY more mining knowledge and skill than I do, but do we really know #3 is a fact? Isn't it just an educated guess? And if you do know for a fact, how do you know for sure?

And I would add a number 5) the closest claim to the bomb/probe is found first.

No thats not an educated guess. The size of the spiral or what ever it is, is smaller when more hofs are present, as more people are hitting it's centre.

Figuring out where to bomb should be easy once you have the radius of the spiral :p
So you're saying that the ore spawns at these "points" as well, or just somewhere along the line of the spiral? Or are you supposed to look for the centre and bomb there? Can mobs and ore be spawned at the same place (mobs "guarding" deposits)?

Last edited:
I disagree with 3) Mining hofs occur more often when hunting hofs are present.

The exact time when Mining hof's occour (I think you mean when they are announced in public chat) it has nothing to do with the time in witch you found the deposit. It's only announced when the claim rod is depleted , so that deposit could have been found 10 -20 -30 -40 ..... minutes before.

btw, check this out and tell me what you think ;)

R4tt3xx, I don't want to insult you, but your theory sounds to me just like this stuff.

R4tt3xx said:

Mining hofs can occur only when someone finds them. Do deposits vanish if they become old?

The dynamic system basically spawns mining sites/mobs around the avatar at certain times and distances. Quite easy to code really, all you would need is a timer. Placing bomb at time X would spawn mining site Y at certain coords around the avatar.
Why avatar? As far as I know any deposit (maybe except deep ones or something) can be found by anyone. If I invite bunch of noobs to my mining trip, do I have better chance?
The static system on the other hand is very easy to see. Look for mobs in straight "lines" and measure the distance between each one and the length of the line. The length of that line is your radius of a spiral and the number of mobs are the "points" in that line. To figure out the length of time that triggered these spawns simple square the number of mobs in the "vein". Figuring out where to bomb should be easy once you have the radius of the spiral :p
Sabakumas near Atlas island north=uberminingspot? Why those straight lines? What if there are no mobs?

Oh just as a side note, let me show u the timer :) The timer is actually built both into the client and the server. The client side timer can be screwed around with quite a bit. Simply enter the game alt-tab out and change your time. Try to walk around, it's very funny when ppl see you jumping on the spot because u are unable to move. I don't know what this timer may do, it may just be something to do with movement but then again it could be used to create a dynamic system.

Thats just my 2 cents on mining (for now)
I don't think there is anything on client side, that influences the PE economy. It would be totally unsafe. Infact any way of predicting more than others can is unsafe and unfair to other PE participants. That's why simple pseudo random number generators exist, why waste the precious cpu time on number spirals? These are my 100 peds about PE and game programming in general.

I must say, I'm noob in mining (110 prospecting), but I have a database with all my bomb and deposit coords (~7000 records so far). And I haven't found anything unusual so far.

Dino said:
And I would add a number 5) the closest claim to the bomb/probe is found first.

Cant agree with u. I have several time found both smaller and further away deposit first and then bigger deposit closer to "start point"

Nice theorie R4tt3xx
In my opinion MA could spawn static mobs/deposit 1 time per day. Static could be all hofs and a number of regular mobs/deposit ( no hof or small tt price)
The dynamic part is spawning mobs/deposit around the avatar. So if u kill a mob another one is spawn around u.
So lets say that is a group of 30 mobs spawn as static by MA (one time/ day) . One of these mobs has hof. A player starts hunting mobs in that area. He kill a mob another one is spawn ( or 2 are spawn :confused: ). In this way MA is trying to distract u from the hof ( your chances to find that hof mob are smaller, u may not know which mobs was spawn dynamically... now try to figure this out with a number of hunters around this area). The dynamic part could have an amount of peds per day, so the mobs spawn dynamic could have (in a random order) no loot or a maxim loot (lets say 30 ped).
This theory could go for mining too.
Just my version of R4tt3xx's theorie :wise:

Back