Miscellaneous Makeup Questions

Coelacanth

Stalker
Coelacanth Coelacanth Maryka
I've been wondering about some minor details re: makeup application.

1) What happens if you go to someone to have your skin color changed, after already applying makeup? One would HOPE it just changes the skin color beneath the makeup, and not ruin your hours of makeup application...but you know how things go with MA... :silly2:

2) Since makeup masks can only be used once, why do they have a decay and varying PED value? It would make more sense to let masks be used several times, each time causing decay. That would allow people to apply makeup incrementally instead of all at once. For example, you've looted some lipstick and gloss, so you apply it, pay your upload fee to MA, and now you have lipstick. Later, you buy some eye shadow and eyeliner, and you apply that, you use your mask again, and add the new features, pay MA, and your avatar gets updated. It would be much better if makeup could be applied incrementally in this manner instead of all in one shot. Since it doesn't work that way, there's no point to a makeup mask having a variable PED value and condition.

3) Why can't we have one "Undo"? Every paint program in the world, and every Windows program that involves either text or multimedia manipulation/editing in the entire world allows at least one level of "Undo". At least 3 times last night, I had attempts to design my makeup get screwed up, either by lag, the zoom on my face moving out one notch for no reason (once when some idiot started tossing Vumpoor grenades near me) and causing face paint to apply in a place I didn't want, another time I tried to right-click and rotate my face but somehow the paintbrush activated instead, and I made a big blotch all over some carefully-applied makeup, and of course my own slip-ups...MA, PLEASE let us have an "Undo"!!! Without it, makeup application is tedious and extremely frustrating. After almost 3 hours of attempts being botched, I finally gave up and went hunting, as my wrist was so sore...

Hope someone at MA is lurking here...

1) After you applied the make up to the mask, you have a mask that you can take on and off just like any other piece of clothing. If you go change your skin color that would not affect the make up.but the colors used on your make up mask may look a bit different on another skin color tho.

2) The masks decay when you take them on and off, just like cloths do. So they can be used alot of times. I do agree that you should be able to add to the makeup tho, not like now when you need to do it all over again if you want another look on it

3) buy a "make up remover" and you have your undo button.

3) buy a "make up remover" and you have your undo button.
That's hardly an adequate solution! I have makeup remover and it removes EVERYTHING. And just like the makeup brushes themselves, it's just as prone to lag and other glitches and slips, and it doesn't just remove the last layer, it removes ALL layers! The only thing it's good for is to touch up the outer edges of whatever you're designing, or a full-scale "erase".

I believe make-up remover DOES have it's uses, i.e. if you want to change your makeup one day, but it is certainly not an adequate substitute for having one "Undo"!

Example: I had a design I'd carefully and painstakingly drawn on my face, using 3 different colors. Mr. Vumpoor-lobbing-bombs happened along, shaking the screen and somehow made my close zoom on my face move out one notch, making the fine line I was trying to draw make a big blotch across 3 different colors. With an "Undo", no worries. What good is make-up remover in this case? Removing everything in that area and starting over? Hardly... :eek:

That's hardly an adequate solution! I have makeup remover and it removes EVERYTHING. And just like the makeup brushes themselves, it's just as prone to lag and other glitches and slips, and it doesn't just remove the last layer, it removes ALL layers! The only thing it's good for is to touch up the outer edges of whatever you're designing, or a full-scale "erase".

I believe make-up remover DOES have it's uses, i.e. if you want to change your makeup one day, but it is certainly not an adequate substitute for having one "Undo"!

Example: I had a design I'd carefully and painstakingly drawn on my face, using 3 different colors. Mr. Vumpoor-lobbing-bombs happened along, shaking the screen and somehow made my close zoom on my face move out one notch, making the fine line I was trying to draw make a big blotch across 3 different colors. With an "Undo", no worries. What good is make-up remover in this case? Removing everything in that area and starting over? Hardly... :eek:

Well I will have to agree with you on that

Back