Mob Counts

kingjehu

Prowler
Society
Skillin Villans
Jehu Da King
In the old tracker website you could see your mob totals on the mob page even if it was well below the all time top five.
Your totals for global count, total loot, and highest loot, for each mob or resource would appear at the bottom of the lists.

Any way we can get this feature back?

The alternative to it is on the "favorite mobs" link, (Or favorite minerals, favorite items) which was great for awhile, but since the last few weeks it has now become a "pay only" service.

Can we make these links free for your own info and pay to see others info like the old site used to be? Or but that info back on the individual mob/mineral/item pages?

JEHU

I second this opinion, I also liked to see my own total loots on a certain mob vs top loots.

In the old tracker website you could see your mob totals on the mob page even if it was well below the all time top five.
Your totals for global count, total loot, and highest loot, for each mob or resource would appear at the bottom of the lists.

Any way we can get this feature back?

The alternative to it is on the "favorite mobs" link, (Or favorite minerals, favorite items) which was great for awhile, but since the last few weeks it has now become a "pay only" service.

Can we make these links free for your own info and pay to see others info like the old site used to be? Or but that info back on the individual mob/mineral/item pages?

JEHU

Ran into this yesterday too. I think we should be able to view our own favourite mobs (minerals / crafts) for free.

I also want those fetures back, I don't think it's fair that they were removed, at least with no warning or something

The feature is still there, and it is still free.

All you need to do it to run the Entropia Tracker Client - which will earn you credits you can use to purchase the feature. The idea is "Be part of the site - then you get access". Leech, then you either need to pay - or be contempt with limited features. :)

All you need to do it to run the Entropia Tracker Client - which will earn you credits you can use to purchase the feature. The idea is "Be part of the site - then you get access". Leech, then you either need to pay - or be contempt with limited features. :)

well I ran the client but probably it doesn;t work because it's the old client, I will download the new client tonight just to see if those features will work:)

Thank you for reply!

I used to not be able to run tracker program it always crashed, Only a few months ago an update allowed me to use it. I do use now it but what I think OP meant is when you look at a mob , any mob, Then take a look at most globals or top loots there would be an extra line with my own name. My total loots/globals on that perticular mob but now it's not there.

I don't agree with you here. Answering the question "How many globals have I had from Atrax" ? should fall under "access to my own data" rule, and should work for people who come to the site for the first time, even if they didn't know about tracker client (or tracker itself) beforehand and thus did not run it.

I don't agree with you here. Answering the question "How many globals have I had from Atrax" ? should fall under "access to my own data" rule, and should work for people who come to the site for the first time, even if they didn't know about tracker client (or tracker itself) beforehand and thus did not run it.

Everyone already has access to their own data. It's called their own chat.log file.

We are in the process of making it so you can download ALL your data in raw format from "somewhere" (not decided yet) on the site. So you can sum up your globals your self via Excel or some other program of your choice.

We are making the site and showing you the digested data, this we might charge for - if you do not wish to help gather data by running the Entropia Tracker client.

Regarding "my globals" on the specific mob pages - that is coming back.. Im one guy.. real life as well.. girlfriend.. Dog.. and so on.. I hope you all understand..

No where on the site does it state how many credits I get per month for running the client.

It takes 50,000 credit / month to view my own personal mobs info.
(This is the price to view everyones personal pages but it is not seperate from my own personal pages)
Can I earn that running the client in just the few hours a week I get to play?
Otherwise I have to pay 5 USD a month to see my own stats?

Of all of the features on the website.. why is getting my own personal mob totals the most expensive?
I don't care to view other peoples player pages... how about a seperate comparativley small price for viewing / unlocking all of my personal info and statistics? Some amount that can be paid yearly so I dont have to think about it every month.
I am willing to financially support the work that is being done on the site... so long as it is in a balenced ratio to what I want. $5 a month to view my mob global totals which I may do a few times in that month... not a balanced cost.

If this is something that is forthcoming on the mob pages like it used to be and its just a matter of you having the time to code and implement it... then I can be patient, I understand life takes time. But, I have always found people to be much more patient with me when I communicate what it is they are waiting for... if I know its coming then I can wait.. if its never coming then that is a seperate issue.

No where on the site does it state how many credits I get per month for running the client.

It does on the Settings page:
...If you run the Entropia Life client we award you with 2 credits each time you log a global, and if you run the Entropia Life client for more than 15 hours in a month from a planet participating in this agreement, you get full access to everything on Entropia Life!...

Thanks Serica, couldn't find that info myself.

Now that I see that... it emphasises my point.
2 points per global recorded... means no way I will get the 50k credits needed to see my personal infos. :(

2 points per global recorded... means no way I will get the 50k credits needed to see my personal infos. :(

You might be surprised how quickly they add up, especially if you're on Calypso or one of the other busier planets.

You might be surprised how quickly they add up, especially if you're on Calypso or one of the other busier planets.

It is true, I've gained well over 10k credits during my average hourly daily sessions hunting on Calypso durng migration.

I think you might be thinking that only YOUR globals count; when in fact it is 2 points per global for all the globals that go into global chat (if I've understood correctly).

.. More or less everything..

First off, to "rip off google". We try to live by the "Dont be evil" slogan, while we also would like to earn a PED or two. Without going into too much boring detail I have bought a server, database license, windows server license and a dedicated internet connection (50/50 mbit) to run the website and client. This alone is not cheap.

Furthermore I spend +4 hours average each and every single day coding the site, client, services, custom programming (take a look at Akoz's return of the golden age event for instance).

To not having to pay to be able to provide this service (monthly costs is about 65 USD atm - not counting in the "one time payments" for server/software) I would like to make a few PEDs running the site - so I can if nothing else, just pay for my expenses.

Initially I just had banners - priced at 50 PED / week.
But that gave me about 100 PED / month...

I then added the "donate 50 PED and become lifetime premium member".
That gave me quite a few PEDs, but it was an "one time" income - so that dident work in the long run.

I then implemented "micropayments" for new features - keeping the old "premium member features" payable with the "gift credits" the old premium members got (a lot of).

So, new features will be payable with only "real credits".
This is not really a viable income source either - since you guys are cheap asses.. :)
(Also, im no better my self - That is to say I dont blame you)..

So, I came up with another income model (keeping all the old ones as well).
This model would rely on Planet Partners paying me.
So, now, if you run the Entropia Tracker Client on Rocktropia or Arkadia - those planets pay me a (very very) little amount per hour logged for you guys.
If you play for more than 20 hours on their planet per month, then you get EVERYTHING for free on the site.
(Except banners and some of the other "one time payment" things)

This is why the price structure is as it is. I honestly dont want you to "buy things" on the site. I want you to run the client for as many hours as possible on Rocktropia and Arkadia since then I will earn money - so I can pay to provide you the service.

IF you for some reason do not want to run the client the required amount of time - you still earn credits (and as mentioned, you earn them fast). Those credits you can decide to spend how you would like on the site. If you run the client for 1-2 hours per day, it should be enough to get access to what you want on the site.

Also, an added bonus of the agreement I have with Rocktropia and Arkadia is that those planets (Rocktropia is getting there) now also have full coverage.
More clients = better data.

If you would like to have your hours on Calypso count towards your "everything is free when I have been running the client for 20 hours on calypso"... Contact your favorite Calypso representative and tell him/her to answer my mail(s)! :)

To sum up. We are trying to create a business model where we can pay for the server costs per month, and perhaps earn a PED or two - while you get everythign for free. Thus "Dont be evil". :)

We try, but some times we do unintended stuff - and for that we are sorry.

I understand you Starfinder...I really liked the old tracker:cool:

There is one thing that really stops me, for example, to pay for some services...that awfull global graph

It is so slugish and hard to read and so less information, why did you disliked the old one?:)

I cannot see the uber value from the graph, also in the old one there was a design point for each day, now I have to be e4xtra carefull with my mouse pointer just to scroll from day to day, there are much I don't like about the new graph

in one word....hard to read and not that much information
there is 1 thing I like about it...the speed it spawns, but all the rest I would throw out the window in favor of the old graph

Maybe make a poll for people to say a word about the new graph...just curios, do you like it better than the old one?:)

For all the rest of your work and dedication all the respect from me!

I understand you Starfinder...I really liked the old tracker:cool:

There is one thing that really stops me, for example, to pay for some services...that awfull global graph

It is so slugish and hard to read and so less information, why did you disliked the old one?:)

I cannot see the uber value from the graph, also in the old one there was a design point for each day, now I have to be e4xtra carefull with my mouse pointer just to scroll from day to day, there are much I don't like about the new graph

in one word....hard to read and not that much information
there is 1 thing I like about it...the speed it spawns, but all the rest I would throw out the window in favor of the old graph

Maybe make a poll for people to say a word about the new graph...just curios, do you like it better than the old one?:)

For all the rest of your work and dedication all the respect from me!
I can update the graphs pretty easy. I will see if I can add "day markers" and more "bubbles" for uber loots. :)

I can update the graphs pretty easy. I will see if I can add "day markers" and more "bubbles" for uber loots. :)

It's not hard, just put the old graph back:)

It's not hard, just put the old graph back:)

Seeing as we dont use that system anymore, and that we are making the new site in a different programming language (to get better speed) ... its not just a matter of "copy paste" the old code. :)

To sum up. We are trying to create a business model where we can pay for the server costs per month, and perhaps earn a PED or two - while you get everythign for free. Thus "Dont be evil"...

I play on Calypso and the hour or so I play (few days a week) the global chat is slow (I MIGHT see 100 globals in that time span)... its an off time.

So I guess my suggestion boils down to this...

I want to support you and your site... even if its a few peds or USD out of my pocket.
But I dont want to pay for a BMW when all I need is a Hyundai.
Make me an option that allows me to buy FULL access to all of my info and maybe a few extra bells and whistles for a reasonable monthly/yearly fee.

I really think that if you offered a "light" version of what your site offers for the average joe who is not going to research their brains out but just wants to see this and that. Offer that to me for say 100ped / 10 USD a year.
I would pay for that. AND I think a lot of others would be willing to manage that kind of cost rather then what you are asking for... at what amounts to $60/year.

Market yourself to the more average user who wants to see their personal stats in 9 different ways, and a very limited number of other views or searches of other things on your site.

It a basic economy buisness principle.
Charge $60 for a product that 10 people will buy or charge $10 for a product that 100 people will buy. I think you would have even more people willing to buy a "light" version of the site for a reasonable yearly fee.

Its PCF... make a poll, ask around, you might find yourself a new stream of revenue and be able to accomplish or exceed your expectations! You have a great product all I'm trying to do is help you to see what I believe to be your broader market.

JEHU

Checking in on tracker tonight I happened to click on my favorite mobs... unlocked :yay:

Thanks to Starfinder and EL for allowing me to view my personal info without paying credits :wtg:

Its a good thing because in 2 months of running the tracker client I am still not halfway to the previous cost of viewing my personal favorite links.

Nice move.

Jehu

Back