Help: Modified Viceroy CANNOT be returned to NPC. Bug? Oversight?

Katie Chalmers

Stalker
Katie Chalmers
Hi.

As many of you know. Viceroy armor is account bound but you can return to the NPC on Arkadia where you created it and return it for its TT value.

Well as I found out today, it seems you can only do this for the non-upgraded version, or at least the Modified Viceroy does not have this option. Any attempt at placing a modified part into the trade window gives you a message that the part cannot be used. The only acceptable items that can be placed in the window are standard Viceroy parts. Also, I have checked through all the menu options, there is no dialogue tree for the disposal of adjusted/improved/modified parts.

Can anybody give me any insight with this?

Cheers, Katie.

Do you want to return it, if not why waste your time?

-Höxan being an asshole

Last edited:
Do you want to return it, if not why waste your time?

I can give you some insights, but you wont like them.
Yes I’m wanting to return it. Not sure why it’s considered a waste of time, 400TT or my account worth is locked up behind an NPC which which seemingly “should” have given me the option to get back with several short mouse clicks. It’s a legitimate grievance.

Oh, my bad. Sincerely appologise.
If it doesn't work in 2 weeks ill give you the 400 peds.

Oh, my bad. Sincerely appologise.
If it doesn't work in 2 weeks ill give you the 400 peds.
Thank you for the offer, but I must decline, that’s not necessary. I’m hoping it turns out to be me not navigating the menus properly, but if it is an oversight, I’m not going to be waiting around for a fix, I have to lodge sooner than that. But maybe this post raise the issue for future players.

did you check with TT?

might have already done this.. but make sure it is full tt before you check the npc. Might not give you the option if it is missing even 1 pec tt value.

might have already done this.. but make sure it is full tt before you check the npc. Might not give you the option if it is missing even 1 pec tt value.
Yes I had done this as prompted by the NPC, but it’s a good tip for others with the regular viceroy that might also be having problems.

My problem seems to stem from the fact that the item names in the trade window do not match up. Game says hand in 1x Viceroy Shin Guards, and I only have 1x Viceroy Shin Guards, Modified. Therefore the trade window never transitions from red to green.

I need to somehow find the correct trade window… if one exists.

nyou better cry on arkadia forum.... home planet of the item.
Im not sure but doesnt MA actually code everything here so Ark devs would have to ask Caly devs to fix it?

Send a message to Arkadia Zephyrus Community Manager he might help you out. :)

EDIT: or not :/ saw he hasn't been online for 22 days.

Last edited:
could ask in Ark discord as well to see if you can get an answer

I kinda forgot how many warning windows I had to click through clearly stating that the armor is account bound.

Do you have item Protected that might cause the issue ?

Do you have item Protected that might cause the issue ?
I’ve already left arkadia, I don’t really have more time to waste. And unfortunately that doesn’t solve the problem.

could ask in Ark discord as well to see if you can get an answer
This would be the best path. It'll save you less headaches when you're not understood and have to repeat yourself later.

You could also request mindark to liquidate all items for their TT considering the circumstances in preparation to deactivate. It's an option that might save you some hassle.

Gl tt-ing the set. Take care and i wish you all the best and good things.

Last edited:
Back