Question: Mostly for the veterans aka those whom are 3 years old in EU

Mika

Elite
or older.

as the title says this is an question for you.

myself I first started back in 04. even before EF ;) and ill answer my view in the bottom.

Question 1:
Why is it so many of you seem to feel you are better than everyone and deserve to be treated as kings and queens?

Question 2:
Seeing someone you don't know the name of getting an ATH, and you look at the tracker and its someone 1 month old.
- A do you get angry?
- B do you smile and feel happy for the fellow EU gamer?

if A, why do you get angry?

Question 3:
You see an old veteran getting an nice discovery of an uber item followed by an OK uber loot in ped worth.
- A Do you get angry?
- B Do you smile and feel happy for the fellow EU gamer?

if you answered A on Question 2. and answer B on this one. Why do you feel like that?

Question 4:
Someone totaly new to the game asks you for help and advice about gameplay that is not your main area of knowledge.
- A Ignore the player
- B Help the player as best as you can
- C Help the player and try to find someone who knows the answers better

My own answer about it all is simple, if someone loots anything or discovers anything my first human emotion is "dang wish that was me" followed by being happy for those who got it simple as that.

Q4 = C

why I'm asking this? well generally im tired of not getting how greedy people are sometimes, and it seems to mostly be people who touch the red in longlivity (wish mine could be as red too but only MA can prove my words which they have).

Why all the anger? why never beeing happy for a complete noob looting something nice? you where once newbies too, would you liked if people where yelling at you for getting an nice uber or ATH or discovery?

I remember when I got my ATH, no one knew my name, and walking to the auction house people could throw shit like "noobs don't deserve ATH's" if I was really new to the game, i'd withdrawn it and never returned again due to the immature hostile welcome i was given to the game.

so why is it so that mostly veterans aswell as others can't be happy for fellow players unless their uber and\or in uber societies?

Q1: Actually, I consider myself a bigger idiot than others because I've probably blown a lot more money in this game than they have.

Q2: I rarely even read the HoF or ATH msgs. I only ever turn on the "Global" messages when I want to be able to "grats" my socmates. I have never looked at the tracker.

Q3: Seriously don't care aside from being able to see who's still playing any more.

Q4: D Advise them to find a better way to piss away their money. If they still won't wise up, then C, I guess.

well i was mad when i first saw ur ath. ( ofc we did talk about that in pm a while ago, and its more the randomness of ma's loot system rather than hatred of the looter)
just how eu works i guess.

still youve done well with your self and thats good. :)

Q1 ive been here 4 years or so and lost alot ped too lol.

do see some people ingame that have been here a short time and act as if they know it all and that pisses me off sometimes tho.( that could give the right to act in that a certain way at times tho)

q2 already said above 1

Q3 depends who it is a guess.

Q4 would have to be C i guess

Last edited:
Q1 - I don't feel like I should be treated better... just that MA should finally give me at least one HOF... isn't 7 years enough? If I were in this game for the chance to make money, I would have quit years ago, but I do love this game and keep on coming back... even if I never loot anything bigger an 100 PED...

Q2 - Depends on if I know the person. If it is someone I know, it is B... if not, then it is A because as mentioned above, I've nevered had a single HOF and have deposited far more than I realistically should have and continue to deposit. It is nothing pesonal, more of just being bitter in general. I'll tell them grats, even go out hunting/mining with them, my problem isn't the player.

Q3 - See Q2

Q4 - Depends on how well I know the subject, but is either 2 or 3. I have taken great delight in helping many noobs over the years get their start - I've probably dished out hundreds of USD worth of starting gear to noobs that I've come across and ended up taking a liking to. I would figure out how serious they were about playing the game, see if they had that "spark" of potential that told me that they weren't just going to quit a few days later, then I would give them a starter package if they had it. I would also have them add me as a friend and told them to PM me any time they had a question or needed help.

Q1: Actually, I consider myself a bigger idiot than others because I've probably blown a lot more money in this game than they have.

Q2: I rarely even read the HoF or ATH msgs. I only ever turn on the "Global" messages when I want to be able to "grats" my socmates. I have never looked at the tracker.

Q3: Seriously don't care aside from being able to see who's still playing any more.

I feel the same except Q4.... to that my answer is C

1. I don't.
2. Both - happy for the player but angry at the way the system works
3. B, unless they are someone I dislike :)
4. If they ask me directly, a bit of B and a bit of C

6 year anniversay right about now. These are my answers:

1.) Well, I am a queen. ;) Seriously though, I don't expect any special treatment, and certainly don't want it. I've been treated as both ends of the spectrum and I rather prefer it somewhere in the middle. Nobody likes being treated like shit and being treated like a queen just makes the relation distant and fake.

2) Neither A or B actually. I don't bother checking people up, but if I hear that its a 1 month old nub then honestly I can't say it affects me. Its of course annoying if you (or someone you are close to) have spent extreme amounts of hours in that area, on that mob. But nothing to get angry about, so if I'd have to choose then B.

3) B.

3) C

I am not a veteran player. I've only been playing for 1.5 years. However, I do want to comment a bit here.

I've found that in my personal experiences, only about 50% of the "upper echelon" feel that they should be treated like royalty and are complete jerks. The other 50% feel like they should be treated like royalty BUT give good reason to be treated like royalty as they really go out of their way to help lesser skilled and less knowledgeable players. There are several long time, higher skilled players that gave me "the time of day" when I first started, and there are several that really brushed me off bad. I've found that alot of the higher skilled don't have time for stupidity, but.... if you REALLY are trying to seek answers to serious questions, they will respond with helpful answers.

Also, (and I have felt this way myself)... when a long time player has continuously burned HUGE amounts of PEDs and put in HUGE amounts of time into this game and only received a few "uber loots" and a new player (who's deposited a fraction of the money and put in a fraction of the time) gets a HUGE uber loot or an ATH even... then they feel cheated. And IMO they have the right to feel cheated. Personally, I've depo'd about 10k US into this game over the past year and a half and I've gotten 2 loots which were just over 1k. My inventory MIGHT be worth 1500 PED with MU. So it's not like I've acquired expensive gear... I've burned through everything I've depo'd. So I FEEL that I deserve to have AT LEAST one 10k HoF under my belt. I mean, that would only be a fraction of my total deposits. But.... that's not the way the system works. And I can understand alot of the frustrations of those who have 50k US invested into the game.

About to celebrate 5 years. (Probably not actually celebrate, but smile to myself)

1) I don't, but I know plenty of people who do

2) B... I would be happy for them, but also cheesed off I hadn't got anything close to that yet.

3) B... they out there money in to it, they deserve the return.

4) B... I always try my best to help out.

1. I don't feel like that at all, mainly because I havn't put in the blood, sweat, time and money most people have. (that have been in Entropia as long or longer than I have).

2. I don't look at tracker, it is not always a fair representation of that individual's time invested. I tend to be indifferent, neither pissed nor happy, but it depends on if I'm hunting the same mob or not :silly2:

3. I'm usually happy. People that have invested a lot of time into Entropia deserve some reward.

4. I have a pretty advanced knowledge of most facets of the game but in the rare case that I don't I'd definitely refer them to either an individual ingame or on this forum.

In the case of greed, I blame MA's decision to increase the turnover/hour to an obscene amount.

I am over 3 years old so better answer...

1) I know I am smarter... ;) lol j/k
I don't think I am better than anyone :D (ok, maybe some, but its more individual lol)

2) Feel happy for the dude!
3) Same as on Q2!
4) Answer C

Last edited:
1. I NEVER put myself above anyone else, I try to be fair and respect everyone that treats me with respect. Always trying to be civilized.

2. *C - Dont care, good for them

3. *C - Dont care, good for them

4. C - Always try to help as much as possible

TJ:bandit:

Q1: I don't. But there is that climate here at times.
Q2: B (the only ATH that pissed me off was the trapped Spider)
Q3: B (they probably cycles a hell of a lot more PED than me, so yay for them)
Q4: C (There are others better suited to this task than me)

I think all the anger issues come from the feeling that the 5-6 years ingame players feel they are owed something. Not all, but I bet secretly many feel that way. When a new player scores big, there is hate directed at the new player only because they are an easy target. After all, when hating on the internet you don't have to worry about repercussions (like a punch in the nose). If you do that same hating in a bar, I bet you go home bruised and bloodied.

I had my 7 year aniversary last october, so I gues I qualifie to answer :yay:

Question 1:
Why is it so many of you seem to feel you are better than everyone and deserve to be treated as kings and queens?

Answer:
I have never see'n myself better as anyone, I usualy rever to myself as noob.
I do want to be treated as a human though, which sometimes dont happen by others, being it new or old players.

Question 2:
Seeing someone you don't know the name of getting an ATH, and you look at the tracker and its someone 1 month old.
- A do you get angry?

Answer:
- B I would feel happy for that person, besides I never look at the tracker.

Question 3:
You see an old veteran getting an nice discovery of an uber item followed by an OK uber loot in ped worth.
- A Do you get angry?

Answer:
-B I smile and feel happy for that person. Wouldnt we all be happy if that happens to you?

Question 4:
Someone totaly new to the game asks you for help and advice about gameplay that is not your main area of knowledge.
- A Ignore the player

Answer:
- C I would help that person and try to find someone who knows that area.
Actualy I did do that on several occasions and in a few even found a mentor for that person.
On a regular basis I try to help newcomers and let them share my knowledge/experience that I gained in the last 7 years ingame.

And what is a ATH???
I never had one in all those years.

Kind regards.
Ion

yo beta player here so... interesting question :)

Q 1:

- i m not feeling as a king. but i can understand an old uber player full of skills and stuff, can feel some mind-strong. EU is a hard game and like on reality spend huge time on something and got good thing from it make them proud of their result. its a kind of vanity, but it s not touching everyone. and depending the degree, it s not really bad i think.

Question 2:
- A do you get angry?

A&B
as an old player and deeply hit by unluck (hack, bug, and just unluck).
see an ath say me "hey another one for other" waiting for my turn.
after anyway i m always happy for them, i m playing without that since age so it s good for them and anyway not bad for me. gratz to them :) i ll not be jalous.

Question 3:
- A Do you get angry?

answer from question 2 :) A&B
-old veteran are playing since age too. it s a reward for them and it s" normal". good pay for hard job. my turn will come :)

Question 4:
- A Ignore the player

i pick C

we re in a social world. ppl was helping me naturally, i think i need help ppl too. and i hope they wi ll do after and etc. we re all playing together.

some interesting answers so far =) keep'em coming ;)

for those who might wonder why i made the thread, I simply just wonder about it, as in generall curiosity as well as to see how those who are old and have spent quite a share of time on the game itself and their very very basic views towards things like this we see every day =)

bit over 3 years in game...

1. I dont feel im better than everyone(some maybe:silly2:j/k) and certainly not a king.

2. B. good on them, id gratz them regardless of who they are noob or uber.

3. see question 2

4. B. if i cant help or somebody in soc cant help, then c.

Question 1:

Everybody has an asshole. A few have the means and the inclination to inflict theirs on others.

Question 2:
- A do you get angry?

I never look at tracker, and I seldom notice ATH's unless they generate some buzz regarding items or players involved.

Question 3:
- A Do you get angry?

if you answered A on Question 2. and answer B on this one. Why do you feel like that?

If it's someone I know, I feel happy for my friend. Otherwise it's back to the previous answer.

Question 4:
- A Ignore the player

I'm a real pain in the arse when it comes to this. I often help people before they even ask for it. I hope it doesn't piss them off.

Been ingame almost 4 years. Still an utter noob, probably remain one my whole Calypsan life.

Reserved for my answer, !

First, thanks for thinking of me as a veteran :ahh:.

Q1: I don't but I wouldn't mind looting something nice just once. ;)

Q2: I don't consider the tracker as something useful. Especially the percentages don't mean anything. If somebody gets a HOF or ATH I rarely read the name who got it. If it happened around me I normally say "gratz". But that's about the attention I share with that part of the chat.

Q3: In case I'm noticing exactly that I'm thinking something like "that was necessary". Some time ago somebody had discovered two things on one chat page. That made me think "some people are more equal than others", but I still don't have bad feelings for them. Yes, it wasn't me that time, but then it had never been me anyway ;).

Q4: That depends on how that person talks to me. If it's a caps-lock-lover or obviously too young to have a polite word with me, my mouse automatically points and clicks on the block-icon ;). But assuming I have the time I try to be as helpful as I can.

I think it comes to that I don't have a greedy playing philosophy. As long as I can maintain my type of playing I'm feeling fine. I said this already more than once but I'm here to be part of the mission rather than be focused on skilling, big loots and such.

next year...

Next January, my avatar will be 3 years old. I may come back and answer at that time! That's only 2 months away!

:) ;)

Question 1:
not me. Depositted more than 90% of other players for sure, but don't have the time to skill, lol :D

Question 2:
- A do you get angry?
I feel happy, don't understand why someone should get angry. But that's because I don't understand most persons, lol :D

Question 3:
- A Do you get angry?
I feel happy for sure, especially but not only for Skippie (this will give me about 20 neg reps, I know but don't care :)).

Question 4:
- A Ignore the player
Usually B, as I often don't reach the players who know more on crafting or mining (most ppl know more than I do, but they are not reachable for noobs :)).

See my age to the left.

Question 1:
I never felt this way. I'm a noob like all the rest.

Question 2:
- A do you get angry?
It's a game!
n/a

Question 3:
- A Do you get angry?
It's a game!
n/a

Question 4:
- A Ignore the player
B or C, depends on the question and the time I have

Question 1:
Ridiculous that question sounded more as a statement than a question. I am no better than the Pixels standing next to me!

Question 2:
If I ever run across them I would gratz them. I was was 2 weeks old and hit 1700ped melchi. So what it has been tough since thats my luck, can't be a player hater due to my own bad luck.

Question 3:
More than likely they depo 10x what I did and earned the right to loot uber items as they also hunt at a much higher level than I do. Again why hate them for my own bad luck.

Question 4:
Someone totally new to the game asks you for help and advice about game play that is not your main area of knowledge.
- A Ignore the player - NOT AN OPTION!

Either B or C depending on my knowledge of what they ask. At their level B since I more than likely know the answer.

I am 2 months old.

732 PED HOF off a argonaunt in month 1.
two weeks later or so.
227 PED Crude oil HOF

I didnt know that if i posted them in the forums i would get fame.....

Regardless the fact that i am new. i have been gaming for a while. if someones luck comes knocking and they get something. great

Thinking that you deserve something however. is bad karma.

All i think i deserve is, oppertunity. and if i dont get it i will kill for it.
But to deserve something from nothing? that isnt the way and it only leads to an exsess of greed. some greed is good. too much however creates problems with other people's oppertunitys.

I just sneak into this one at 3.5 years old :)

Q1
I don't. I'm better than some at some things and worse at others. Just like everyone else ;)

Q2 & Q3
Initially A because I'm human (and jealous) but then B - happy for them. Still wish it was me though ;)

Q4
B until C - help them as I can until I find someone who can give them better information.

I saw this game first...when 2 MA reps cane to a gamer den in Gothenburg with a disc containing 'this new game' and 'did we want to try it out'.

It wasn't very great.

A year or so later it was nicer but still...felt like too much grabbing from the company running the show.

Then, next time I reinstalled, it looked like a real game. Very nice. Even more impossible economy tho.

Tried again - sold some old gear, lost it all in a few days, uninstalled.

TO the topic at hand

I help with what I have, baby armor is easy to hand out.
Answering is easy when there's time.

Most of these Ye Aulde Gamers, at least the crafters, have been afk autoclicking crafts since a few years, who the F cares when they global or uber. I feel some of them cheated from the very beginning ;) The hunters...at least they were online and played for their winnings.

Seeing someone get a few k ped value makes me retch, that's just sick. Seeing someone get gear with a few k MU is another thing entirely. I know that the 'looot pool' is most likely an illusion but the base cash finds are just too way-over-the-top. Mark up value is based on...market. Base PED value is based on the balance of income MA makes.

I'm an ancient nub with empathy.

Playing since June '06 puts me about 3.5 years, so...

Question 1:

In every social interaction I'm aware of, there are some who live by the creed: R.H.I.P. This stands for Rank Has It's Privileges. Entropia is no different.

There are some who are well respected, yet do not ask for it. And there are others who demand it, whether they deserve it or not. Gotta love individuality.

Question 2:
- A do you get angry?
B

Question 3:
- A Do you get angry?
B

If you'll notice, I gz almost every uber, ATH, discovery, etc. posted, regardless of who it is.

Question 4:
- A Ignore the player
Depends. I may:

A: If others are near, wait to see how they answer the question, and correct if needed. Someone may have a better answer than I, and I may learn something.
B: Help the player as best as I can

My response (or lack of) depends on many factors, but generally I try to make sure the question is answered well.

I'm sorry you had to endure the problems of being unknown, yet instantly famous. Please don't judge some by others actions. Judge on individual actions.

Back