movie about RCE

PE/EU is not representative for RMT / RCE.. they just didn't work out their revolutionary concept of gaming..
imagine if MA would have done things 'right' ever since the beginning (~2002), there would be no real need about RMT-documentaries, as every gamer would have tasted RMT / RCE by now, either as one of 10 million *active* MA participants or as a player of one of a hundred successful spin-offs..

now the world of gaming is still waiting for the first real RCE game to play..

PE / EU is such a small niche market, a unique boutique game, almost like a closed-membership-club..
we, who are inside, often tend to forget about that..

PS: even with the recordholding high-value-sales in EU, and the 'withdrawing -> RCE', our game is just a neglectable tiny share of the world's total monthly turnover of selling virtual goods in games (RMT).
my guess is there are several asian MMOs that surpass EU in monthly RMT-turnover anytime..

Last edited:
Entropia just doesnt feature on the radar of anyone in the industry. many times i've read peices on virtual economys, MMOs and cash and EU doesnt get mentioned. a TV documentry on the subject of the cross overs of real and virtual economys (posted here) had screen shots of EU but still no mention (was about CRD).

either MA just havent put themselves out there in the industry or because people dont understand or like the game. one thing to note is in most other games the whole concept of buying you way to better avatar is deeply resented, i just dont think the wider gaming community likes the concept built here. Hence MA has chosen to do 0 PR and let the game delveop through creeping, organic, word-of-mouth, in the hope the non-gaming community turn on to it. its interesting that you dont hear much about the growth of Facebook based games, which have a similar pay for stuff mentality and have exploded without anyone in gaming land noticing much.

its interesting that you dont hear much about the growth of Facebook based games, which have a similar pay for stuff mentality and have exploded without anyone in gaming land noticing much.

Well I have seen several articles about/mentioning facebook games, specially that farming one, and they mention it a couple of times in some new tv-series...

Well I have seen several articles about/mentioning facebook games, specially that farming one, and they mention it a couple of times in some new tv-series...

yes... in maintstream media i bet, not gaming media. they only seem to be realising it in recent months when the games have been around a couple of years. they havent promoted themselves either, just people on facebook telling each other about them. this isnt about them of course, im just pointing out possibly simliar marketing strategy.

Back