Multiple use L items

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
The idea here is to add a number of repairs field to all L items. Similar to L bp's that have up to a hundred uses.

So every L item when looted will have this field between 1 and 100. So an L weapon could potentially be repaired up to a 100 times.

A check should be made to allow a player to only repair the item when it's fully decayed to avoid "mistakes".

What impact would this have on the economy and player base?

Don't we have enough (L) stuff? wanna flood the market even more with items that can be used for months? LOL

Balancing manager ( i doubt there 's someone at MA ATM) would have to reduce the drop of weapons, so no items in loot again because,
-This will devalue the UL gear a bit more.
-With all the UL gear and this new kind of (L)(R) crafters won't be needed for weaponry.
-Miners wil be hit.
We have enough gear in EU ATM, we only need to have a nice VU which would fix exploits and restore confidece in next developments.

I've thought about this a few times through the years and always in the end conclude that there's not really a significant advantage over just giving the (L) item lower decay.

So you could say we already got this with nanochips, and the Exo weapon that showed up during migration last year, and in many other items since.

The only advantage you could get from this is to make the repairs require a special tool, profession and special filler, so for example a really nice repairable (L) weapon could require an equivalent tt of some less cool weapon as residue. That may have been an interesting way to go with it a few years ago, but the way the (L) and (UL) item selection has been developed i don't think there's any merit in that anymore, either.

Last edited:
Sounds too much like Afterworld, items there are 1/100% upto 100/100% the first being the repairable times, the second being the actual percentage of that repair ;)

No, however I think what is really needed atm is a balancing on the damage dealt based on prof level on non sib weapons. We've gotten some HA boost but no damage boost which means they are still useless.

And Limited weapons will always and should always be limited, that way it can get a stable markup (unless MA stops dropping them). I agree that limited weapons should have less decay than UL sib weapons to provide an incentive to use the L weapons (hence create a bigger demand).

No i do not think so Because this is a skill based game (ok we have the L-items in the game) even if many ppl dont like it, no i dont think its fair to have the luxury of having 100% dmg / hit before you getting at lvl 100 Because we all know whats its taking to get lvl 100 in this game so you will not be able to "buy" an advantage through the L-items so i say no to this idea.

It would have a negative impact on the economy the prices of non L-items would go down to the basic principles of the game is that MA determines the loot the player should have and we players decides what prices we are willing to sell and buy for so it was the fault of the MA to implement all of these L-items from the beginning.

( constructive criticism with explaining ). :)

Last edited:
I think you are asking for unnecessary complexity... wouldn't just increasing the TT value (or reducing the decay) achieve the same purpose of having (L) items last longer?
Asking MA to introduce this "repairable X times" variable is just asking for more bugs they'll never admit exist, just like tiering UL items.

I just want weapons to be able to be used for melee attacks when you run out of ammo. :D

The melee attack would decay the tt of the weapon.:smash:

10 times repaired = 10 times they didn't buy a new one from crafter. I would not make looted L items repairable, only crafted. Maybe make so only the crafter can repair the item through the use of res and the machine, with a chance of it breaking. And I would make it cost enough that you wouldn't want to do it but with only the best crafted L items. This might work well with high TT specialized vehicles and their attachments. Adjusted L weapons, finders, etc...

I think it would be a good idea for repairable melee weapons (within reason), which have a disproportionate amount of decay in comparison to guns.

I think it undermines crafting.

Id rather see all weapons and armor crafted only, and more meaningful loot on mobs to aid crafters by giving hunters specific mobs to target for desired components.

Back