My disappointment of the day

Rave

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
RP Rave Prospector
So, here I was happily doing thousands of Jester D-1 clicks just to try and reduce recent losses and what not, when I see a Mamba (L) BP drop with 2 clicks. Click them both on Quantity with Res, and get 2x Near Success. Pretty disappointed, but moving on. So about 1500 clicks later on Jester I get what I thought was another Mamba (L) BP with 1 click on it. But upon inspection its a Viper UL BP (L) with 1 click. I was pretty excited as I've never gotten a UL item BP (L). Yeah it's not exactly an amazing BP, but fun none the less to find.

So, my soc mate romijo says "that's gotta be a HOF, I'm gonna come watch and cheer you on", so I set up the machine for the 1 click. Obviously, I'm going to click on Quantity because its a UL item and I want the successful click. We count down for fun, and I click 'Construct'.... and NEAR SUCCESS!

While it's not really anything special, its terribly disappointing that 1 click UL item BP would even drop. I can't imagine these are exactly common since there is only yearly/decade MU's available for the BP (at almost 4,000,000% MU). But 1 click BP with a ~40% chance of actual success (we all know the 90% success isn't actual success) is just a tease lol.

Oh well, just my disappointment for the day :dunce:

EDIT: Of course this doesn't match the LP540 fail (which is horrible). But still mad! lol

Last edited:
We all know MA is good at bringing joy to us, followed by immediate dissapointment :dunce: :yup:
All those years in business has definitively made them experts in that area :beerchug:

If you don't mind my asking - why were you clicking away at Jester D-1 in the first place? To "reduce losses"? I don't really understand that statement.

But 1 click BP with a ~40% chance of actual success (we all know the 90% success isn't actual success) is just a tease lol.

Apparently 90 % means 10 % chance to fail (CoS+Near Success chance = 90 %).

If you don't mind my asking - why were you clicking away at Jester D-1 in the first place? To "reduce losses"? I don't really understand that statement.

Apparently 90 % means 10 % chance to fail (CoS+Near Success chance = 90 %).

Well, a Jester is 1 PED/click opposed to let's say 10 PEC/click (Level 2 amps). I can do far more clicks per PED and I'm actually getting a lot of (L) BP's right now, and a lot of residue. I'm averaging 90% return doing condition clicks on the Jester D-1, and getting even more back off residue sales. And the occasional good (L) BP drop doesn't hurt.

By 40% of actual success I mean and actual item being crafted. The other 50% is Near Success, and a 10% complete fail.

Since my PED card is getting low right now, lower level crafting is getting me a few PED's extra in residue sales. An idea I may or may not have taken from Chilix :laugh:

it could had been worst
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ed-Bp-of-UNLIMITED-weapon-)-B&highlight=lp540
better luck next time wit the clicks you do i am sure you will get more :)

And ouch lol, I missed that thread :laugh:

I guess you fail to see that clicking something that actually has markup could be the pedsaver. Jesters are utterly useless.

I guess you fail to see that clicking something that actually has markup could be the pedsaver. Jesters are utterly useless.

I think you missed the response about doing it for residue and (L) BPs. I only get maybe 200 PED back in Jesters but I get about 600-700 PED back in residue. And at 700 PED, that's 750 PED after selling (even to orders on auction). Then the multiple (L) BPs I get that are ~5 PED per BP. My totals come to about 970 PED out of 1000 PED. I'll take 97% return on crap items any day over 50% on amps that sell with over 110% markup.

My biggest disappointment was the 1 click UL Nano Katana L bp I got about 6 months ago that ended in a complete failure, not even a near success. With a near success you usually at least get a healthy amount of residue so I didn't even get that. :(

I wanted a success so bad I was literally shaking from the adrenaline afterwards. :laugh:

In the end, it was disappointing, but it was still fun that I had a shot at making a really nice UL SIB weapon.

Here's to hoping to have a few more chances in the future. :beerchug:

Last edited:
I think you missed the response about doing it for residue and (L) BPs. I only get maybe 200 PED back in Jesters but I get about 600-700 PED back in residue. And at 700 PED, that's 750 PED after selling (even to orders on auction). Then the multiple (L) BPs I get that are ~5 PED per BP. My totals come to about 970 PED out of 1000 PED. I'll take 97% return on crap items any day over 50% on amps that sell with over 110% markup.

So what about crafting herman law-101 instead? or herman ark-10? cheaper in res, higher in mu.

So what about crafting herman law-101 instead? or herman ark-10? cheaper in res, higher in mu.

I'm trying to gather residue to sell, not use residue.

My biggest disappointment was the 1 click UL Nano Katana L bp I got about 6 months ago that ended in a complete failure, not even a near success. With a near success you usually at least get a healthy amount of residue so I didn't even get that. :(

I wanted a success so bad I was literally shaking from the adrenaline afterwards. :laugh:

In the end, it was disappointing, but it was still fun that I had a shot at making a really nice UL SIB weapon.

Hears to hoping to have a few more chances in the future. :beerchug:

More (L) BPs for everyone! lol, I want another shot at a good UL!

yea ive failed 1 click unl mamba.. then i looted 3 click smacker two unl.. but that one i sold.. i bet it woulda been fail fail fail.. and i never saw anyone hof from those anyways...

Its like the scratch and win ticket you buy for a 1$ cause your broke and hoping for a change of luck so you scrath the first 2 boxes ( ten thousand) (ten thousand) HEART RATE INCREASES OMG THIS IS MY LUCKY DAY~ aND then . . . (1 dollar) FUCK! lol

Hi rave sorry about the bad clicks :/ quick question, if you click a nice print like that and get a part success and it has 150ped would you stiill global? i ask as i looted a nice print yest also a rutic bett (L) 2 clicks, i clicked them and got 160 ped and 360 ped but no global no item just mats and res, is that normal or should i of heard the swirles?

really thought that was gonna hof, it had over 11000000% mu :/
sorry for hijacking thread

I think the way it says in the global chat is the answer , dont think ive seen anyone global with the message :

**** made a near succes on **** item and won **** peds

my 2 pec , the global message only on sucessfully made item

TAC

Near success = no swirlie, even if its over 1000 peds

really thought that was gonna hof, it had over 11000000% mu :/
sorry for hijacking thread

Yeah... never buy those. Its just a stupid gamble. I don't think these actually hof often enough (despite claims of sellers) to warrant the stupid markups.

Yeah... never buy those. Its just a stupid gamble. I don't think these actually hof often enough (despite claims of sellers) to warrant the stupid markups.

i looted it anyway so no prob just wish i had sold it :)
thanks any way, didnt know it didnt swirl for non success

I got a 70 ped claim for sweetstuff yesterday... Maybe MA is warming-up to some pets?

i looted it anyway so no prob just wish i had sold it :)
thanks any way, didnt know it didnt swirl for non success

Yes, you don't get swirlies or a hof message if its a near-success. The thing is, with UL SIB (L) BPs, the near-success can be a large amount of residue. Theres a screenie of a 14K near-success on the forum, I think.

Near success on a UL SIB is usually effectively a failure, even if PED amount in residue is large. And the result is fairly unique (unless its a Masher One UL or something :p) so you would want the message to show such. And nobody would like to be at the top of the hof chart with a "failed" 5K residue click.

Sorry to hear Rave :(
Better luck next time m8 ;)

i clicked them and got 160 ped and 360 ped but no global no item just mats and res, is that normal or should i of heard the swirles?

I think that is because you "salvage some materials" rather than actually recieve a new item? :dunno:

Do you regret gambling on lvl 2 amps yet?

Do you regret gambling on lvl 2 amps yet?

Nope, I broke even in the long run on the amps. Once I hit even, I sold the BP and made a few PED :laugh:

Back