FYI: My opinion about the last VU and new loots on Calypso

BlackHawk

Elite
Society
ROUA
Black Hawk Hawk
It is a long time since I made such a post. But here it comes.
I played few days with the new loot system and the new toys. My conclusion so far is that Planet Calypso did a great job. The type of items in loot make sense, for a change. Is one of the best things they did in many years.

The effect of this change will be profound in the economy. Is clear that it will increase activity, since many people would not play since they are at high level but can't afford a UL weapon to play at that leve and the L stuff used to be rare and expensive. Now things are changed. On the other hand, it makes sense to keep the skills you have, since selling them will prevent you from maxing the next generation of items. And that generation will probably be cheapper and stronger. So I see a good reason for people not to sell as many skills as before just to do it. And many will chip up. So it will be a great source of markup.

Crafting system, however was compromised. All old school items should simply be removed and crafters that had BP's with popular guns should be compensated with a choice of same level BP with similar cost/click and same QR of a new item in the new school. If you make a change, just cut out all old BS.

About the mining system... having lyst all over the place is a pain. Making Redu so common is just unfair. It was one of the few things worth mining for. And such a change will benefit 10-12 people at best in game. The ones that use it. Then again, they had the market under strict control anyway. So is hard to say... at that level of crafting is normal to have some advantages. Still, mining looks bad. Lyst all over the place is a pain. Also, moving all good ores on Rocktropia is a spit on our faces. I wonder how come Arkadia never pulls things like that and they design stuff for themselves... The value in mining should be dictated by balancing better the crafting profession, not by removing stuff. I do agree that mining is more predictable than ever. Maybe once a year you should move around all ores and enmaters and force people into exploring the map. Having same fields in same places ever since the game started has some advantages, but is not dynamic. Is true, land owners want to have the same stuff one their land. However, after things change, many would mine some lands just to see what's there. It could potentially increase activity, even tho it would upset really bad some of the old miners that like things as they are.

Overall, the changes in the game are better and better. It looks like people have a clue of what they are doing. The aspect of loot variance needs to be addressed. To be honest, from my experience in hunting, I can't say it was bad, but people reported huge minus in that thread on a day of hunting. In my opinion, this is hurting the game. Having such variance, is preventing people from playing. If the returns would be more predictable, they would just buy more guns, burn more ammo and turn more in economy. My experience is not saying that the loot is "bad". I'm just saying that too many people feel that way. MA knows what I'm saying.

This update could make me deposit and start playing again. The great thing is that it seems that I can put all my money in bankroll and use in a profession instead of being forced to buy a uber UL item. That results in a lot more satisfaction for depositors.

i had good loot after VU aswell..

what what i see is i get better TT back and lower MU back.
so is it just better now and will be alot lower soon again? maybe its just a good time for me?

many high lvl mobs drop high lvl guns with low tt and decay, most ppl at lvl 90 already got UL weapons so the high sib will be TT more or less.

Actually, it will not be TT. Some do not have UL items. I don't have and I max almost all those items. I was gonna sell out, since the investment to play at my level would be too much, and not playing at my level is pointless. As it is, for me is great. And not just for me. Since each 10 levels you get a new generation, so is great for most people.

Is true that today there are not too many that pay mu on those items, but skilling is not that hard once you increase the DPS. In 2 years we will have an entire class of players of level 90-100 or above, using only L items.

The bad thing about those items is that it makes pointless for casual player to ever buy a UL gun, since it will always be a supply of nice L's. UL's will only be for pro hunters in future or eccentrics.

It is a long time since I made such a post. But here it comes.
I played few days with the new loot system....

BlackHawk have hunted a few days and approves the VU, lets all step away from the forum and accept everything MA throw at us... :wise:

Overall my returns are still less than before... but in the last few days I have gotten EWE L500 (L), Rutuba Gloves (L), Rutuba Shoulders (L) from Mulmun Looter Elite and a 185 PED ESI from Proteron.

Other than that my returns are slacking. I hunted all day yesterday for a total of 2 globals and 1 -small- HOF. Usually I average at least 1-2 globals per hour, and maybe a HOF during the day. One of my runs came in under 50% return with no MU to boost the return. I haven't had a hunt return less than 70% in months. Now I'm lucky if I see 70-90% return on most runs.

Keep in mind the level I'm hunting at, cycling 1000 PED or more an hour, so returning 70% or less per hour is a huge loss.

But I'm still hopeful for a turn around here soon.

i love this vu,no need to invest in expensive ul gear,and the guns at my level are nice cheap now..and i know more people that like it that are maxed or close to it,
finally skills mean something again

BlackHawk have hunted a few days and approves the VU, lets all step away from the forum and accept everything MA throw at us... :wise:

I never told anyone to accept everything. Au contraire mon chère! Doubt everything! Use your head. Not that one you are thinking of. The one you are thinking with.

many high lvl mobs drop high lvl guns with low tt and decay, most ppl at lvl 90 already got UL weapons so the high sib will be TT more or less.

yep this is problem they should drop the lvl of those doa's just bit and focus more to players in the range of 45 to 70, i doubt any of those lvl 90 weapons are of any use (mayby in the future) we can see the MU on weapons at lvl 50 / 70 they are ok after 80 is TT food as there is no customers for it mayby dev's will ajust to this by droping the level requiered litle to give those higer guns reason to exist or they want to totaly kill the market on everithing UL that existed before.

i had good loot after VU aswell..

what what i see is i get better TT back and lower MU back.
so is it just better now and will be alot lower soon again? maybe its just a good time for me?

Seem the TT returns hasn't been affected, in a larger scale.
And as they said, they've only re-distributed items (meaning different mobs dropping something that other mobs used to).
And rebalanced what drops from where (not sure about the logic there since atrax youngs are dropping some lvl 90 weapons and big mobs some lvl 20 weapons).
But it seems that mid-lvl players are getting better MU now than before, from mid level mobs, so all the MU isn't stacked up on higher end mobs.
This can of course change after a while when the MU on the new items settle down.

It seemed to be their intend to introduce the low decaying items now, that's more convenient for the mid-lvl players when they can buy a gun, that lasts for 10k peds of ammo. (those who still use L weapons at mid-lvl).

And the new weapons at lvl 80 and higher, the community is progressing, has been for years, more and more people will be reaching those levels all the time, so it's just logical to give more L weapons for those levels since the UnL stuff isn't dropping.

yep this is problem they should drop the lvl of those doa's just bit and focus more to players in the range of 45 to 70, i doubt any of those lvl 90 weapons are of any use (mayby in the future) we can see the MU on weapons at lvl 50 / 70 they are ok after 80 is TT food as there is no customers for it mayby dev's will ajust to this by droping the level requiered litle to give those higer guns reason to exist or they want to totaly kill the market on everithing UL that existed before.
You just have no idea what's happening in this game, do you?

Well it might be partially thanks to the new nanochips virtually eliminating my previous high markup costs (as they last like 10-15x longer than old chips)... But it really feels as if I have better loots since the VU.

While average TT returns are mostly unchanged (discounting the abnormally good returns I have had since thursday), they do seem more even. I have also noticed a much higher drop rate of items from some mobs, which is nice :)

Everything the OP says is wrong and is based on information that is invalid.

Your own opinion is flawed and wrong on several cases. :p

Back