FYI: My opinion on deeds

girtsn

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
Girts Smilgs Niedra
To put it in short - I am tired of these Christmas air-sales.
What they are selling is basically a citizenship + real estate system that isn't yet there, and profit of the future today (in form dividends vs deed price).
Brief list of why I think it sucks:
  • Dividends are about trust from buyers (players) - which MA is lacking severely. First (re)establish trust, then sell it.
  • There are ~10k active players (estimate based on ET toplists). Each has to pay 600$ for the 6M$. Even if everyone does their part and fulfills the plan, that money is money lost from the economy of Calypso (think the auction trends already show the effect on this spending leak).
  • The fact players will partly be shareholders doesn't solve the issue of not having a planet partner managing Calypso. Imho the 6M figure comes from the planet partner asking price - so now for 6M they want to sell much less. And we are the idiots supposed to buy it.
  • By citizens getting revenue from Calypso hunting turnover, the planet partners will be screwed even more than they are now.
Thus, I will buy just one(1) deed to be a citizen, nothing more.

Last edited:
You think it sucks, so you buy one... Interesting logic there ;)

If I thought it doesn't suck, I would buy more, so nothing strange. 1 provides the benefit of citizenship - at least they say so.
You think it sucks, so you buy one... Interesting logic there ;)

If I thought it doesn't suck, I would buy more, so nothing strange. 1 provides the benefit of citizenship - at least they say so.

Imo i figure it depends on your point of view.

Are you a business man or a gamer?
Do you enjoy the game?
Would you like to see it succeed?
would you like to see continued development?
Do you feel comfortable supporting the game it's staff and the company overall?

If you can answer yes to these questions (aside from the top it's not really a yes or no lol) and similar questions, you've got nothing to lose by purchasing how many you feel you'd like to have. Myself if I hadn't seen alot of the additions and things like graphics updates I'd be leery due to the age of the game itself. MA is still making an effort to improve things and the engine itself(cryengine) should be able to handle more graphics upgrades easily(better then i can say about a lot of games). It is a little outdated but can still render with the best of them.

I cant see someone getting rich off deed unless they purchase thousands or we see a massive boom of players, but the amount of money wasted in everyday things in life make these small deed purchases trivial(smoking for example if only my wife would allow the amount of deposits equal to my smoking habit or eating out etc. i'd be laughing.)

Don't think the questions you raise are relevant for what I tried to express in this post. I am trying to say that I do not endorse this way of getting funding - and I also question a bit if it's really going to be spent on getting new players, which is what the game really misses (apart from trust of existing players). Though I can answer gamer,yes,yes,yes,yes. I just feel I am supporting the company already with my everyday spendings @ hunting, etc.
Imo i figure it depends on your point of view.
Are you a business man or a gamer?
Do you enjoy the game?
Would you like to see it succeed?
would you like to see continued development?
Do you feel comfortable supporting the game it's staff and the company overall?

Ah my mistake and apologies for misunderstanding. I hope some of those questions have no merit, as I'm sure you do. I'm still fairly new myself but there doesn't seem to be a lot of people with less experience then me. At least from what I've seen aside from friends/family I've convinced this is a fun game.

Back