My tracker dont take any screenie!

Elizabeth

Young
Banned
Elizabeth Smith Flower
Hello , thats the second time i try to instal tracker , and i managed to get few globs but still dont get any screenie , Ive configured it like its said on the official site , I play entropia in window mode , Ive changed 986578845 times the screenshot folder I tried everything but still dont working.
Can anyone help me ?
Much appreciated.

1) Does not matter what mode you play in, in order for ET to track screen shots.
2) Make sure you have the setting saved on ET to take screen shots of globals and have them saved to a specific folder
3) Make sure you have the windows compatability mode checked on Entropia Client program
4) If the screen captures come out black refer to 3
5) If you get a popup box that says something about crashing restart ET
6) Make sure the little ET icon is on the bottom right of your screen.

These things should help :)

~Danimal

how can i check the windows compatibility?

R-Click on the entropia icon > search in one of the tabs for windows compatibility > click it > launch EU > problem fixed

~Danimal

I guess R-Click , then properties , the on a tab compatibility , but then i can see a lot of Operating systems , which one should I choose ?

Forget that, doesn't apply to your problem.

Did you enter the correct avatar name?
(exact spelling, upper-/lowercase DOES make a difference, same as correct number of spaces)

Yes I just checked and the name is exactly like ingame

I guess R-Click , then properties , the on a tab compatibility , but then i can see a lot of Operating systems , which one should I choose ?

Pick the one that is your operating system.

{removed}

~Danimal

Last edited by a moderator:
make sure that you have main chat logging enabled in the game options ;)
and make sure that the tracker knows where the chat.log file is located.

compatibility options are just needed to change if you have black screenshots, she ain't getting any screenies yet.

And after doing that do I need restart the pc or the game Danimal ?
And enabling chat was the first thing i did Jan ;)

And after doing that do I need restart the pc or the game Danimal ?
And enabling chat was the first thing i did Jan ;)

No need for a PC restart, just restart Entropia. Once you click on it to load it next time it should come up in compatibility mode (meaning your screen will change black for a second then change to a different colored resolution)

~Danimal

What version of Windows are you on? Are you getting black screenies, or just no screenies at all?

Im using windows 7 ultiamte edition 64 bits , and im not getting any screenie , i get black screenies only when I manually press print screen button on full screen , but when i press it on window mode i get a screenie

Im using windows 7 ultiamte edition 64 bits , and im not getting any screenie , i get black screenies only when I manually press print screen button on full screen , but when i press it on window mode i get a screenie

Tada! ;)

I had this same problem and quickly switched to compadability mode and it fixed it :)

No longer do I get black screens :)

Good luck!

~Danimal

black screenies, turn of aero in win7
no screenie at all, the programm probberly can't find the chat.log

and the black screenies was the reason for me that i go for fraps, i gave up on tracker in those day's. and don't know if tracker had any improvements yet, but when you say you still get black screen when manualy make the screenie, i guess no improvements then on tracker.
with Fraps you don't need to change compatibility and aero settings at all, it just makes the screenshot when you press the button :yay:

What you need to do is go here:

C:\Program Files\Entropia Universe\bin32

and right click on Entropia.exe. In the compatibility tab (what you were thinking, Danimal?) check disable desktop composition. Launch the game again and if everything else is configured properly, your screenshots should work.

Pick the one that is your operating system.

Yeah, makes much sense to pick compatibility with Win7 when you are running Win7...

{removed}

@Elizabeth:

You should maybe repost your question on EF in the ET subforum:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/192-entropia-tracker/

So starfinder (the guy who wrote ET, unlike some smartypants here) himself can provide support for the ET client - everything here is obviously moot.

/Edit:
The black screenshots are a by-product of the aero desktop theme - that got nothing to do with compatibility mode (which is, still, not the problem here)

Last edited by a moderator:
The black screenshots are a by-product of the aero desktop theme - that got nothing to do with compatibility mode

RobBuona's solution does fix that issue though.

Ive made all what you said guys but nothing , still dont take screenie

Ive made all what you said guys but nothing , still dont take screenie
You keep saying it doesn't take a screenie, so I'm getting confused. But if the screenshots are coming out black, my post fixes that. Once you click launch from the client loader and the game opens, your theme switches - like wizzszz said, it disables Aero.

Hello , thats the second time i try to instal tracker , and i managed to get few globs but still dont get any screenie , Ive configured it like its said on the official site , I play entropia in window mode , Ive changed 986578845 times the screenshot folder I tried everything but still dont working.
Can anyone help me ?
Much appreciated.

sorry you forget to say what tracker are you considering. There is not in effect any official tracker.
In this page you can found many:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?232-Tools-amp-Utilities

for screenie globals i suggest this
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...941-New-Global-Print-Screen-Capture-Free-From

in case you are a miner the best around is that:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...07856-Little-Big-Mining-Log-Miners-Tool-(OCR)

DC

You keep saying it doesn't take a screenie, so I'm getting confused. But if the screenshots are coming out black, my post fixes that. Once you click launch from the client loader and the game opens, your theme switches - like wizzszz said, it disables Aero.

Yes it disables areo and theme changes.
I think ive not explained good.
The black screenshots come when i take screen pressing myself the print screen button.
But i want the tracker make screenshots automatically.
And the tracker doesnt even taking black screenies.
Got few globals yesterday but nothing , it not working :S

Yes it disables areo and theme changes.
I think ive not explained good.
The black screenshots come when i take screen pressing myself the print screen button.
But i want the tracker make screenshots automatically.
And the tracker doesnt even taking black screenies.
Got few globals yesterday but nothing , it not working :S

You would have run into this problem once ET will be making screenies, so now you got the fix already. :cool:

I have already pointed you in the right direction: contact starfinder, the guy who wrote ET, i can give only very limited advice, i don't even run ET (i just wrote my own tracker and gave starfinder a couple of hints how to improve ET).

Nonetheless i will give it another try:
  1. Are you sure that ET is able to read your chat log (access rights)?
  2. Are you sure your chat log is written to (it might be a dulicate from an old installation)?
  3. Are you sure ET is in fact reporting globals from your computer?

If all this works, you should take a closer looks at these:

1. Have you entered your avatars name in the correct place and is it EXACTLY spelled as in your chat log (again, distinction of lower/UPPER-case matters, and one so does one vs. two blanks...)
  2. Does your avatar name contain any non-ascii characters (thats every letter not included in the standard english alphabet)?

That's pretty much all i can do for you from here, if all the above is working as it should, you'll have no other choice than contacting starfinder over on entropiaforum.com, ust as i suggested before.

Back