My Warp Trip to Rocktropia

So you can see your current position is space if you click the Position icon from the action library. This will give you 3 sets of coords, the 3rd one is your z axis. I will fly hit the align horizontal icon.. and when the ship settles down and is even, hit space to get rid of your mouse and take control of the ship and then use the mouse to move teh ship till it pointed down, and start flying. You can see how fast you are going down/up if you hit position again and see how much the 3rd coord has moved. I will fly down till i get that 3rd set to between -1500 / -2500. I will then hit the align Horizontal and turn my ship to the marker i have set for the planet i want to goto and start auto flying. Go watch some netflix, relax for a bit and check it 20m to see how close you are. The 2nd reason to do this besides avoiding pirates, most mobs in space are above -2000 so you can fly under the training grounds and not have to much trouble getting to yoru destination.

tip: The way i first learned how to position myself in space, was go into 3rd person, use the mouse to look around and find the space station.. fly right nex to it and then move my ship so its facing the bottom of the space station and start flying.. you are going str8 down if you do that.

Hopefully this helps a bit

SpikE

In space press R to start flying automatically and use the mouse to steer. Thats the same as using a flying vehicle on planet. Left and right arrows just roll the ship unlike on planet where you can steer a vehicle by using left and right arrows. Steer the ship with the mouse to get the target marker on the waypoint. You'll know what I mean by "target marker" when you are in space. It might take a little practice to get the hang of it but there's nothing really difficult about it.
Ok thanks again for explaining, it all makes sense now - and sry for late reply, I've had rl stuff to deal with...

So you can see your current position is space if you click the Position icon from the action library. This will give you 3 sets of coords, the 3rd one is your z axis. I will fly hit the align horizontal icon.. and when the ship settles down and is even, hit space to get rid of your mouse and take control of the ship and then use the mouse to move teh ship till it pointed down, and start flying. You can see how fast you are going down/up if you hit position again and see how much the 3rd coord has moved. I will fly down till i get that 3rd set to between -1500 / -2500. I will then hit the align Horizontal and turn my ship to the marker i have set for the planet i want to goto and start auto flying. Go watch some netflix, relax for a bit and check it 20m to see how close you are. The 2nd reason to do this besides avoiding pirates, most mobs in space are above -2000 so you can fly under the training grounds and not have to much trouble getting to yoru destination.

tip: The way i first learned how to position myself in space, was go into 3rd person, use the mouse to look around and find the space station.. fly right nex to it and then move my ship so its facing the bottom of the space station and start flying.. you are going str8 down if you do that.

Hopefully this helps a bit

SpikE
Thank you for those really useful hints and tips that will be invaluable come the time, although I can understand why some prefer the warp service route seeing as there's a lot to bare in mind if you fly yourself even if it's cheaper.

Right, in the end I got a quad and space thruster and got back to caly from RT in one piece but there were a few things I learnt along the way. You can't carry another vehicle in the quad's carried inventory and all EU space is lootable. I also didn't get a repair kit and welding wire as my quad is L so can't be repaired. You will also get the message 'You cannot enter deep space' if you decide to zigzag instead of sticking to the direct diagonal rote from planet to planet, and I zigzagged in the first place because I assumed that pirates would assume that players would take the direct route.

Right, in the end I got a quad and space thruster and got back to caly from RT in one piece but there were a few things I learnt along the way. You can't carry another vehicle in the quad's carried inventory and all EU space is lootable. I also didn't get a repair kit and welding wire as my quad is L so can't be repaired. You will also get the message 'You cannot enter deep space' if you decide to zigzag instead of sticking to the direct diagonal rote from planet to planet, and I zigzagged in the first place because I assumed that pirates would assume that players would take the direct route.

1) Not all of EU space is lootable. Check the icons below the radar. Point cursor over them to see what they mean.
2) Although your quad is L it can be rapaired. The TT of it cannot be repaired but the SI (Structural Integrity) can be rapired
3) Space is like a massive CUBE. If you go outside its boundary i.e. too high or too low then you get the message 'You cannot enter deep space'. Same if you go too far to the left or right and too etc. That is too far in any direction which takes you outside its boundary.

It does not take much for a warper to notice that you are new in space.
But do not feel ashamed to let the ship owner know you are new if he does not pick up on that so he knows you need a walkthrough :)
Walking someone thru space is kind of like popping someones cherry... if you give em a good time and make them feel safe they will remember you.

Kicking you from the guestlist was that shipowners way of saving time.
And somewhere i can somwhat see why this is a thing "Go A->B, efficiency, Grind, work-work->Repeat"
To a new player it takes 1-5min to explain where the teleport terminal is and how to use it (depending on if they use a translator or not).

Flying someone down is another few minutes even if most dont consider that part of the warp.
Most consider you traveling from SS to the planet to be your responsibility but if you ask nicely... most comply unless it's a scheduled or event warp and the ship owner is juggeling 5-20 people.

Anyhow you paid to get from A->B and you got the bare minimum this time and you technically got what you paid for and asked for. ( If we are going to be black and white here )
Considering the history of this game... it could have been worse.
Try a few of em and check which one is best for you is my recommendation.

But when you get recommendations keep in mind some of these recommendations can be cause it's a soc mate, they own or own part of that ship or fleet or are the owner themselves ( *cough* waves *cough* ).
What i'm trying to say is first hand experience is good... recommendations are clues cause maybe your opinion just differs from mine when it comes to good vs bad.

And dont forget if your new you most likely can fit inside an equus or firebird (they do have weight limit) but it's very common for these ships to fly you up and down planet side as part of the warp... and they are cheaper too.

Stay safe :)

You can't carry anything in the quads inventory and go into space. Space used to be all lootable PVP including the space around the stations. MA changed that some time ago so there are now large areas that are PVP but non-lootable. All vehicles are L but can be repaired until the structural integrity is zero. That can take a long time if you are careful. I've had my quad for 10 or 12 years and it's still got plenty of SI on it. I expect that you'll get the hang of it sooner of later.

1) Not all of EU space is lootable. Check the icons below the radar. Point cursor over them to see what they mean.
2) Although your quad is L it can be rapaired. The TT of it cannot be repaired but the SI (Structural Integrity) can be rapired
3) Space is like a massive CUBE. If you go outside its boundary i.e. too high or too low then you get the message 'You cannot enter deep space'. Same if you go too far to the left or right and too etc. That is too far in any direction which takes you outside its boundary.
I believe you when you say not all of EU space is lootable, but then why did I get the systems message saying that all of it is lootable? I now also understand why I got the 'You cannot enter deep space' message, because I had been zigzagging too much.

You can't carry anything in the quads inventory and go into space. Space used to be all lootable PVP including the space around the stations. MA changed that some time ago so there are now large areas that are PVP but non-lootable. All vehicles are L but can be repaired until the structural integrity is zero. That can take a long time if you are careful. I've had my quad for 10 or 12 years and it's still got plenty of SI on it. I expect that you'll get the hang of it sooner of later.
So I found out on the first attempt. Was pretty annoying having to come all the way back down again onto the landing pad in CODreams just to get the other veh and it's fuel out of the quad. I only put it in the quad's CI in the first place because someone on this thread said that's how I could prevent fuel being looted.

I only put it in the quad's CI in the first place because someone on this thread said that's how I could prevent fuel being looted.
Carry the spare ship in your regular inventory...
I believe you when you say not all of EU space is lootable, but then why did I get the systems message saying that all of it is lootable?
The game is just being stupid. If you want to make sure if the space you are in is lootable or not, check the second icon below the radar. Red is lootable. Green Is non lootable. Ignore the texts that come up on screen, these are relics from previous game versions where the pvp zones were different.

Anyway if you aren't carrying loot, don't worry about zigzaging around pirates. If you get shot down, you get some skills from being shot at and get respawned at a station. Repair and head off again, lose 5-10 minutes, hardly an inconvenience.. assuming you DID REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR REPAIR TOOL AND WELDING WIRE... didn't you?

The game is just being stupid. If you want to make sure if the space you are in is lootable or not, check the second icon below the radar. Red is lootable. Green Is non lootable. Ignore the texts that come up on screen, these are relics from previous game versions where the pvp zones were different.

Anyway if you aren't carrying loot, don't worry about zigzaging around pirates. If you get shot down, you get some skills from being shot at and get respawned at a station. Repair and head off again, lose 5-10 minutes, hardly an inconvenience.. assuming you DID REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR REPAIR TOOL AND WELDING WIRE... didn't you?
I can still be a inconvenience if you have not passed a new server border, and get sent back to the station you started at. Even without materials on me.. i always fly up/down to avoid getting shot. (lost time is same as lost ped for some)

SpikE

Ah I see, so the spare ship should have been in my PI and not the quad's CI - in that case I misunderstood ;) Also thanks for saying I should ignore texts that come up, I had no idea they're defunct messages from the past.

So I found out on the first attempt. Was pretty annoying having to come all the way back down again onto the landing pad in CODreams just to get the other veh and it's fuel out of the quad. I only put it in the quad's CI in the first place because someone on this thread said that's how I could prevent fuel being looted.
That would be me. I did say in CARRIED inventory :)

That would be me. I did say in CARRIED inventory :)
Yes, CARRIED inventory, or CI. Same thing. You cannot put a veh in a quad's CI and then go into space!

Yes, CARRIED inventory, or CI. Same thing. You cannot put a veh in a quad's CI and then go into space!
Carried inventory refers to your avatars inventory not to any vehicle inventory.

Does it? And there was me thinking it was PI, or Personal Inventory.
I refer you to your item list on entropiauniverse.com. The location of items in your avatars inventory is referred to as "carried"

I refer you to your item list on entropiauniverse.com. The location of items in your avatars inventory is referred to as "carried"
Did some googling and it seems you're right, it's just that a lot of players call it personal inventory.

Back