n00b taming questions

syntax

Guardian
syntax error
I just decided to try taming for the first time.

So... what do I do with all these bristlehogs?! I tried selling them, but I can't even give them away. How does one make money at this? Do I need to level them up and sell them? How do you determine the value of leveled pets since there's no auction data?

Sorry for the flood of questions. :confused:

I just decided to try taming for the first time.

So... what do I do with all these bristlehogs?! I tried selling them, but I can't even give them away. How does one make money at this? Do I need to level them up and sell them? How do you determine the value of leveled pets since there's no auction data?

Sorry for the flood of questions. :confused:

i would say its hard to make peds with puny pets since a lot tame em just for skilling ... in the worst case can u turn em into pet juice or pet essences at the stable ... but thats cruel i beleave there is a big mixer in and the pets will be killed ... or how can u turn pets into essences ?!?!

i would say its hard to make peds with puny pets since a lot tame em just for skilling ... in the worst case can u turn em into pet juice or pet essences at the stable ... but thats cruel i beleave there is a big mixer in and the pets will be killed ... or how can u turn pets into essences ?!?!

I thought you could only tame puny? Don't the others only come from strong boxes?

I thought you could only tame puny? Don't the others only come from strong boxes?

lol no there are also special pets u can spawn if u colect certificates on cyrene or the spawned mobs like the vampire or kong pets on rt ^^ ...

there is a lot to discover :smoke::smoke:

Ok, but when you are just starting out is there some semi-sustainable way of doing it? Like with mining, you target MU. Or are you basically just tossing money away while you skill up?

Also can you global off taming? When the system gives you the pet deed you also get a little extra stuff like shrapnel or whatever - does that ever global?

1. you can global its like hunt whit knife or gun .
2.chop he pets you dont need to stable for minimum win.
3.pretty much yea for now ... loosing a nice amount to skill up .

Viper + bristle hogs are best for skill whit minimum lost or even maybe profit .

You can add me entropia and ask if any question :)

I was curious about the essence thing, I saw that my ancient diaki pet needed some to unlock its pet taming skill at level 25. I saw that there are essence on auction, regular and rare, so I assume people are somehow turning pets into pet essence and selling it. I don't know if there is any profit to be had there or not.

I was curious about the essence thing, I saw that my ancient diaki pet needed some to unlock its pet taming skill at level 25. I saw that there are essence on auction, regular and rare, so I assume people are somehow turning pets into pet essence and selling it. I don't know if there is any profit to be had there or not.

You can turn them into essence at the stable terminal. From what I read, how much you get depends on the rarity of the pet. All I've tried is bristlehog so far and it gives a couple of PEC worth of essence, which still ended up being a loss for me, but it helped a little bit.

Rare pets have higher chance to produce rare essence but on average it's same as non-rares. I fed quite a lot of "uncommon" pandas to the mincer and each of them produced same 1 essence as common kitties. But from hundreds of common kitties I actually got 2 rare essences :)

Not, it won't cover the costs. Low level taming is only for skills.

So then, back to my question about value. Can you profit by spending the time to level them up to something useful (buff unlock)? How do you value them? I've seen higher level pets in shops going for hundreds or sometimes thousands of PED, but just because I saw something in a shop doesn't mean it's selling.

So then, back to my question about value. Can you profit by spending the time to level them up to something useful (buff unlock)? How do you value them? I've seen higher level pets in shops going for hundreds or sometimes thousands of PED, but just because I saw something in a shop doesn't mean it's selling.

Like so many things in game, you're going to waste a lot of peds skilling up and then exploring the market for the products, after which you may or may not find a way to profit from it.

You just have to make your own judgement, and move forward I guess. I have seen a shop where atrox pets were 10 ped and lower level pets were priced considerably higher, with or without any leveling, and I've seen a shop where 0 level atrox pet were priced over 30 ped with lower level pets selling for 1 ped each.

It's like anything I guess it's your call if you want to sell something for less than it cost you to produce it. Someone will complain that you are "wrecking the market" and then someone else will undercut you to recover partial costs ...

I have some leveled pets for sale and they will sit in my shop until I find another use for them, or I'm able to recover at least the peds I spent feeding them and something (not even close to real world wages) for my time and effort.

With whip markup and other costs there's no way that a pet essence is worth 150% in my opinion, but tons of people got those pets and created essence from strongboxes at TT cost (effectively 0 ped) so last time I checked, 150 - 200% was MV for those.

Since I've been back I haven't seen or heard any way to consistently profit from taming, except camping the spawns and competing in the race for rare(er) pets to try and sell at a luxury markup after you spent the peds to skill up.

Thanks, that sums everything up nicely. Basically another way to kill time and throw money at MA.

It seems MA has some work to do on this profession.

Just for fun, I bought a Mamushi and went directly for Chirins (my taming was already high enough since I had skilled up on melee back in the day).

My apologies to those who like hard statistics, but I don't like writing stuff down. Anyway I've decayed about 65 PED or so of the whip and thanks to 2 globals off the Chirin I was around 110 PED TT return. Unfortunately I also decayed about 20 PED of my armor, so my profit was less, but it was still around 20 PED profit. :yay:

Of course the pets themselves are worthless and I have to just make them into sausage, but it was still a fun bit of luck.

As far as I can tell, the loot mechanic is basically the same as hunting them, in fact one of my globals was from an accidental kill.

Back