new cpu help

soundboy

Alpha
Society
cK
soundboy soundboy soundboy
Hi,

I have recently tracked down a new cpu for my pc but I have a problem and thought I'd post details here.

PC is a Shuttle X PC with a FX43G mainboard and right now I have my original AMD Athlon XP1700+ cpu and when I run cpuz it reports the chip as such. I bought a new Athlon 2800+ as my mainboard manual says it will support this cpu but when I boot up the pc both the bios and cpuz report the chip as a 1ghz one!!

I didn't order a mobile chip but was sent one, do you think this may be causing a problem.

I took this screenshot of cpuz.

Anymore system details required please ask and I'll try and find them and post.

Slightly confused.
soundboy

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

2 things:

Check to see if there is a BIOS update as some BIOS will register a default speed or require an update to hit the new speed.

In regards to above, use the BIOS to bump up the speed to the CPU speed...if your board is less than 3 yrs old you can control the CUP frequency, voltage, etc.... :wise:

toorged said:
In regards to above, use the BIOS to bump up the speed to the CPU speed...if your board is less than 3 yrs old you can control the CUP frequency, voltage, etc.... :wise:

And there was me swearing at my mobo manual for only having one jumper to clear cmos. You do it in the bios these days lol. Award bios, first page on right hand side top entry hit enter and turn of auto detect and all bus speed and multipliers etcetera are revealed. A lot has changed since I learnt how to build a pc.

I'll pop the chip in later on and maybe I'll make a whole TP run without crashing out in the middle of nowhere. Ten minute re-boot for me normally :(

Thanks for the help :D

soundboy

My reply does not attend to your question, however:

check your running apps, that bar of yours has way to many apps running, you have multiple AV's running also!

look for a max of 30 in running process's at the very most, personally i run about 16.

Follow the advice and update, hope it works out.

Back