New Defense Profession/Skill

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
New Mindforce Professions

* Jammer. A profession for evading Mindforce attacks.

New Mindforce Skills

* Jamming. A skill for evading Mindforce attacks.

The first stage of the MF redesign has introduced the skill Jamming and the profession Jammer. There are two ways of interpreting the meaning and use of these.

One would be as a passive skillset and ability, like the Evade/Evader and Dodge/Dodger pairs. In this case, one would gain Jamming while taking damage from a MF attack.

The second would be as an active skillset and ability, like other MF professions. In this case, one would use a chip to create a defensive bubble or otherwise block attacks, and the professional level would determine the ability to use the chips

Or, it could be both, which would IMO be pretty neat. The contribution of skills to the profession will obviously be a clue. Has anyone gained levels in Jamming by being attacked with MF?

Discuss. :wise:

Last edited:
Does jamming turn off other participant's radars, at least for you as the green dot on them?

While i have no information myself right now to help out.

Active jamming chips probably would mainly result in 1 million new threads of sweaters complaining that some evil person keeps jamming their MF healer. :laugh:

Does jamming turn off other participant's radars, at least for you as the green dot on them?

My understanding is that it's the mindforce use that's jammed, rather than radio waves. That would be an interesting use case if PvP radar worked, though.

I updated the OP with the exact quote from the content list. Now that i read it again, it really does suggest it's a passive skill/profession pair to match Evader and Dodger.

:yay:

Woot, these things are realistic SIB ^___________________________^

O-o do they know something we don't?

O-o Have the enemies of calypso learnt to harness the strange forces and powers of the Entropia Planets? Do they only think of turning the one hope of a lasting paradise into yet more death an destruction to be reigned upon the peaceful and harmonic inhabitants. Live in hope my friends, for I fear for your lives, and I fear attacks not yet imagined, but most defeatingly, I fear love will never be the attribute of a Robot! What cruel gods have landed us this destiny? From where will we salvage our faith? And by the stars of Omega Sixteen when will any of us ATH????

I see a big future in foul grinding for skillz. (They have been described as using mindforce to attack for years but there's never been a way to implement it before--maybe it will come now.)

I wonder if robots can use mindforce. The mumbo-jumbo about it in the good ol' days suggested it was unique to organic beings. Maybe it's time for some synthetic human robots? Cylon Combuster Stalker, anyone?

Hmm...synthetic ME... MF-using robots... :eek:

Jamming chip droped so its not (at least entirely) passive.

JEHU

>edit... well now i dont see it on the list... Maybe I was fooled by the skill implant one?

I see a big future in foul grinding for skillz. (They have been described as using mindforce to attack for years but there's never been a way to implement it before--maybe it will come now.)

I wonder if robots can use mindforce. The mumbo-jumbo about it in the good ol' days suggested it was unique to organic beings. Maybe it's time for some synthetic human robots? Cylon Combuster Stalker, anyone?

Hmm...synthetic ME... MF-using robots... :eek:

hmm... Bet you could get lots of "skilgains" in jamming if you head to the revive over at Neas?! ;)

Wonder what a bunch of angry little sweaters with no weapons would do to a jammer there?

Another thing that comes to mind would be (even though I hate using fantasy-style MMO lingo) a debuff for an opponent, instead of a personal defensive buff. Like a chip you could use to try to stop you're opponent's TP attempt in PvP.

Back