Suggestion: New engine, the power of attributes.

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
This is an idea I've had for a long time, but I think that with the new engine coming, it's now or never.

I hope that the new engine will not only be a graphical redesign, but also an opportunity to improve the gameplay.

And why not kill two birds with one stone whith a first step, while at the same time making the attributes really useful.
And simply give a purpose to Stamina, to finally make its description become true;

" Stamina is a basic attribute available to all Avatars. It influences almost every action where bodily hardiness, constitution, and physical toughness are involved. " ;)

So first of all, Stamina should influence the regen speed of the avatar. (this is obvious)

But more than that, the main idea is to add a kind of "Abilities" tree, or whatever you want to name it (which would be hidden first, like unlockable skills, or Not)
These talents would be in fact some kind of "natural" Buffs (temporary) and Tricks.
Which would be unlocked by step with each attribute, and whose power would be growing according to the level of its related attribute AND Stamina.

Here are some examples;
Of course, numbers here are just for examples, and can be adjusted to your liking. (hoping that the buffs would not be ridiculously low, as is currently the case for some ingame already :whistle:)

When you reach 50 Agility AND 30 Stamina, you unlock the basic "Sprint" ability (which is in fact simply a run speed buff)
This buff could be for example 20%, for 60 seconds, and the cooldown would be 60 minutes.
This buff would increase in power with Agility, and the cooldown would decrease with Stamina.
Still for the example, this buff could increase by 0.2% per +1 Agility. (so +1% every 5 Agility)
And the cooldown could reload 1% faster every 1 Stamina.

So when I have reached 90 Agility & 50 Stamina, my Sprint Ability will be 28% speed buff (still during 60 seconds only, which would not be the case for some other buffs, see below),
and the cooldown would be 40 minutes. (I'm not so sure about this maths :giggle:)

A second Ability (Marathon), at 40 Agility & 50 Stamina, which would be a speed buff as well, but slower and longer.
Like 10% speed for 10 minutes, with a cooldown of 60 minutes. (which could be useful in other purposes, like mining for example)
This one could not be increased in speed, nor the cooldown decreased, but simply the duration of the buff increased with Stamina, for example 1% per stamina over 50 (that is +6 seconds, so 1 minute of duration more every 10 Stamina).

At 80 Agility & 55 Stamina, you would unlock side rolling, or side flip, or any great and fast move that could help in PvP and add alot to its gameplay. (Check some gymnast and Parkour videos for ideas about what great tricks human body can do :))

Another linked to Agility, +20% Dodge chances for like 5 minutes.
Unlocked at 100 Agility & 55 Stamina.
+1% every 5 Agility, cooldown reduced whith +Stamina.
Could be usefull in PvP.

Each attributes could unlock several abilities.

Anyway only 1 of these different buffs linked to the same attribute could be used at a time.
Basically as long as a cooldown is started for an Agility linked Ability, other Agility Abilities can't be used.

An Ability linked to Strenght could be "Super-jump", which would allow to drastically increase the height/length of the avatar's jumps for say 2 minutes, unlocking at 60 strenght & 45 Stamina for example. (+1% power per Strenght then, and decrease cooldown time with Stamina)
Could help go parkour, and we love to shoot rabbits in PvP right ?.. :love:

Also +4% Critical damage chances whith only melee weapons, for like 10 minutes, unlocked at 70 Strenght & 45 Stamina. (same schema, basic cooldown 60 minutes, reduced with Stamina then, or basic Ability is 5 minutes, increased time of buff whith + Strenght over 50, etc..)

Same one for Psyche, but for Mindforce weapons.
Another one whith Pshyche for Jamming chances. (Same as Dodge whith Agility)
And why not same for Intelligence whith Evade. (yes Intelligence is needed for close combat)

Some others for Intelligence linked to Mining profession, Craft.

It's actually easier to find some buff ideas linked to Agility, but of course, each of the 4 attributes must have the same chances to unlock nice ones.
Ideas for new buffs are welcome. :)

Some of these buffs (the most powerfull) could be unlockable up to say 120 of each attribute, or 150, and why not increasable up to 200.

There are a lot of possibilities, not only with the already existing kind of buffs, but why not by creating new ones.
I think each of the 4 attributes should unlock at least 3 Abilities. (but why not 4 or 5 if you get enough ideas for buffs or tricks)
Anyway these would be usable for a limited time only, and only one at a time.

Of course, these buffs are part of a third category (Ability), and are stackable with both others kind of buff (Item and Action) (y)

That's it, I guess you get it.
The idea is limited temporary buffs, provided by Abilities.
Which are unlocked by the attributes, which will also manage their efficiency, and by the Stamina which will also manage their duration and/or their cooldown.

I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to implement while you're at working on new engine already.
This could add to the gameplay.
It would make the attributes really attractive (those only skills that are not tradeable would finally become useful rather than just a "flex" tool, letting alone Stamina..:)), and so we would work Codex even more.
And it would finally give value to "time", I mean to an avatar whose player has really "worked", spent a lot of time, etc. (assuming of course that the buffs are really worth it by their usefulness :))

Hoping it's not a shitty idea..

:tiphat:

PS:

We could also imagine that the buffs work as explained above (temporary)
But some moves of the avatar could be unlocked and used permanently.
And why not by assembling different levels of all 5 attributes to unlock these tricks.
For example, to unlock the side roll, you need to have reached 110 Agility / 75 Strength / 50 Intelligence / 60 Psyche / 60 Stamina.
And then we could use this move permanently
And let's go for a backflip at 150 Agility / 90 Strenght / 60 Intelligence / 90 Psyche / 90 Stamina. o_O

The possibilities are numerous... :geek:

Last edited:
I honestly really hope that the core game mechanics don’t change. I’m a stout conservative, don’t judge me. How about they just add repeatable missions for pill rewards that contain these buffs, it would fit better within the current game, and get people excited about grinding.

I honestly really hope that the core game mechanics don’t change. I’m a stout conservative, don’t judge me.

Sorry that change scares you.
But it's like being afraid of the night, it's useless, it will come anyway.

If you are against progress, then you should also refuse the progress that happened before you, and go back to live in a cave.. 🦴

How about they just add repeatable missions for pill rewards that contain these buffs, it would fit better within the current game, and get people excited about grinding.

If you don't understand the interest of what I propose, compared to the stupid addition of new pills that already exist, it's probably because you haven't played enough.

I mean that when you have played at least 10.000 hours, and you realize that your avatar is worth nothing more than the one of a player who started 15 days ago.
That your results, or your chances are not different.

Now that I'm high level, and get great Attributes that show my dedication to the game,
I don't have anything more, I don't get anything more, and even on the contrary, my level simply allows me to play bigger and therefore to lose more money faster.
But for a game that claims to be skill-based, it sucks.. 🤒

What I'm proposing is just a small step in the right direction.
In the sense that it's quite logical that in a game like this, someone who has spent thousands of hours (and of course lot of money) skilling, should get some small advantages ingame.

And it's really very light..
I don't see how the fact that I could use a buff for 5 minutes an hour, or can do a side-flip and you can't, would bothers you.
Everyone would have the same chance to unlock these buffs, it's up to you to make it happen.
And anyway, just in case you still didn't notice, getting like 100+ in each Attributes is NOT free.. Far from it.. 💸

For once in this game it would be so nice to see something that is not 100% MONEY/DEPOSIT based, but that reward also gaming, work, time, dedication..
I mean do just a very little thing for GAMER in this game.. Just one.. Let's try it. :geek:

Sorry that change scares you.
But it's like being afraid of the night, it's useless, it will come anyway.

If you are against progress, then you should also refuse the progress that happened before you, and go back to live in a cave.. 🦴

If you don't understand the interest of what I propose, compared to the stupid addition of new pills that already exist, it's probably because you haven't played enough.

I mean that when you have played at least 10.000 hours, and you realize that your avatar is worth nothing more than the one of a player who started 15 days ago.
That your results, or your chances are not different.

Now that I'm high level, and get great Attributes that show my dedication to the game,
I don't have anything more, I don't get anything more, and even on the contrary, my level simply allows me to play bigger and therefore to lose more money faster.
But for a game that claims to be skill-based, it sucks.. 🤒

What I'm proposing is just a small step in the right direction.
In the sense that it's quite logical that in a game like this, someone who has spent thousands of hours (and of course lot of money) skilling, should get some small advantages ingame.

And it's really very light..
I don't see how the fact that I could use a buff for 5 minutes an hour, or can do a side-flip and you can't, would bothers you.
Everyone would have the same chance to unlock these buffs, it's up to you to make it happen.
And anyway, just in case you still didn't notice, getting like 100+ in each Attributes is NOT free.. Far from it.. 💸

For once in this game it would be so nice to see something that is not 100% MONEY/DEPOSIT based, but that reward also gaming, work, time, dedication..
I mean do just a very little thing for GAMER in this game.. Just one.. Let's try it. :geek:
Well you didn’t judge me, you downright eviscerated me.
Fine, +1 for barrel rolls. 😂

Well you didn’t judge me, you downright eviscerated me.
Fine, +1 for barrel rolls. 😂
Better like them barrel rolls! 😂
@OP the idea does sound cool and like you’ve put some thought in to it but I agree with draniie if it don’t have a cost it won’t happen so maybe we unlock these suggested buffs same way we unlock pet buffs. I’m all for our attributes unlocking some extras for us since those are an actual accomplishment since they are not chip able

Back