Question: New - just saying hello :)

Tashohnie

Hatchling
Hello all, hope you are all ok.
I have been playing MMO's now for roughly 10 years and must admit the idea of the buying/selling on this game appeals to me! I am looking for a new MMO and this one seems like it could be the one for me!

I have one question though what exactly is the mentor and disciples thing about? I can understand its were a novice gets help but is there an actual system?

A bit about my self incase any one wants to say hi - also my playing hours
I am 23 I live in Surrey/Hampshire in England. I will not be a "hardcore" player due to living in the gym Mon-Thursday and training to be a cage fighter(I train kick boxing, BJJ, Wrestling, MMA) So I will mainly be on a few hours a night tops! I work in ICT as well and I am a big geek at heart!

I currently have a name which I really hate so I have submited a ticket to get it delted so I can start again but I will put up my name as soon as I have re created the character :)

Last edited:
The Mentor and disciple system is kinda lame imho.... After you have gotten a mentor and you have gained one lvl1 in any proffesional you are bound to that person as your mentor untill you graduate.
He/she is not required to help you at any point to recive their gift after you graduate.

If you become my disciple and I get a 6a me plating as gift, I will be your friend 4 ever :D

Hi btw :D

The Mentor and disciple system is kinda lame imho.... After you have gotten a mentor and you have gained one lvl1 in any proffesional you are bound to that person as your mentor untill you graduate.
He/she is not required to help you at any point to recive their gift after you graduate.

If you become my disciple and I get a 6a me plating as gift, I will be your friend 4 ever :D

Hi btw :D

Thanks mate that clears it up a bit! No idea what a 6a me plating is but :wtg:
Just submitted a ticket to get my ava deleted wonder how quick they are :yay:

Hello all, hope you are all ok.
I have been playing MMO's now for roughly 10 years, have played xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and a few others and must admit the idea of the buying/selling on this game appeals to me! I am looking for a new MMO and this one seems like it could be the one for me!

I have one question though what exactly is the mentor and disciples thing about? I can understand its were a novice gets help but is there an actual system?

A bit about my self incase any one wants to say hi - also my playing hours
I am 23 I live in Surrey/Hampshire in England. I will not be a "hardcore" player due to living in the gym Mon-Thursday and training to be a cage fighter(I train kick boxing, BJJ, Wrestling, MMA) So I will mainly be on a few hours a night tops! I work in ICT as well and I am a big geek at heart!

I currently have a name which I really hate so I have submited a ticket to get it delted so I can start again but I will put up my name as soon as I have re created the character :)

Hey, :D

It's always nice to see a new community friendly player. Good luck.

Also, edit out those previous game names, as it breaks one of the rules or something.

Hi :) Welcome to our world. If you have any questions, just give us a shout. There are so many good people living here. Also check out the sticky threads, some fantastic guides to help you get started :)

Hey, :D

It's always nice to see a new community friendly player. Good luck.

Also, edit out those previous game names, as it breaks one of the rules or something.

Thanks mate, edited them out. Thank you every one else as well :wtg:

hello and welcome to eu

welcome to the EF,
I suggest taking a peek at Alice's Guide to Mentoring..... that should clarify some things for you...

In short, Any player can become a Mentor... A Good Mentor will assist you as best they can in getting you acclimated to the virtual word... teach you about the economy, hunting, mining, crafting, or whatever it is you want to do. I suggest going through the Mentor/Disciple Section on this forum and check out the different Mentor Offers... check out the profiles, see who might suit you the best.... Once the Disciple reaches the end the mentor will release the disciple and MA awards the mentor with a random gift.

Having an "official" Mentor is NOT a requirement... Some players have been suckered into having a not so good mentor...never really doing what is expected just to get the free gift... sadly that's how some ppl are :(

Again Welcome to the EF Good Luck!!

Welcome to EU

Bones

Welcome to EU.

In game if you right click, select System > Main > Mentor & Disciples a window will open.

In the upper left corner of the window there is a "?", click on the "?" and a new window will appear explaining the mentor system in detail.

Hope this helps and good luck in EU.

Greetings young one

Wow such a warm welcome, thank you every one :)
I have made my character now!

He is...

Thor Grovenater Grove :wtg:

Thanks mate that clears it up a bit! No idea what a 6a me plating is but :wtg:
Just submitted a ticket to get my ava deleted wonder how quick they are :yay:

oke then ..... ..... I color you armor, cheap price, only for you. what say you? :D

jk ;) nobody can - remember that :wise:
Welcome :D

Welcome then, young jedi! ... hang on, wrong movie, I'm sorry.

Anyhow - the mentor system can be a real advantage for new players, but it has been mentioned before you need to be careful when picking a mentor.

Check my signature /shameless plug) to find a site that lists a whole lot of great mentors all over the globe - check those that are around your timezone. Of course, also, check here in this forum. It really can help a lot to have a good mentor.

Hi there, thanks for your short introduction. Welcome to our cozy community :D

As suggested before, the sticky section with the tutorials is a great start. As you may have noticed there is not a lot of 'official' documentation from the makers of the game. Most is left to you to explore. The best way to start your exploration is to check out Alice's guide, as suggested before:

http://alice.apache-root-server.de/downloads/Entropia_Guide.pdf
This is considered the unofficial guide to the entropian universe!

Welcome to EU, m8! My ingame name is Piano Pianoman Man. Feel free to PM me here or find me in game if you have any questions. I will even be your mentor if you need one :)

Hey there Thor!
First of all Kimmi, I have kept my relationships with all my disciples and still help them out when they might need it (unless they have quit the game ofc).
If you can find someone who has played a while Thor, then having a mentor is a totally positive thing.
Warning: This game is very addictive and quite a few of us have met our new spouses from it! =)
Enjoy!!

Back