New player curious about Space. Looking to learn, through experience.

Lancaster

Young
Hello,

I found out and joined Entropia only a few days ago. 3 days of mostly sweating. Heh, I remember wondering why 34 sweat wasn't giving me any PEC at the TT...But thats not important. I quickly learned that a lot of the game would require a bit of research on my part. I was directed to entropidia.info, and entropediadirectory. Great resources in their own right, but a multitude of information was several years old, and questionably relevant. The greatest lack of solid information was on the subject of space.

I love the idea of life in space. After seeing the interceptor, I knew I had to have one. I wanted to go into space, and THAT would be my life...but the fact is I still haven't even been up there.

So my question is, What can you tell/advise me about trying to set up a sustainable life in space?

I'm not looking to get rich, just break even. Enough income to supply myself with Oil and Ammo. I don't plan on depositing if I don't have to, though I will be dropping a small amount down to cover setting myself up with a basic outfit and interceptor...I miss pants.

Is it possible to live on a mothership? What is working on a mothership usually like? What opportunities are there for a wannabe fighter pilot?

I also understand the need to find a mentor in my early start of play, and if anyone reading this is skilled in space play and looking for a disciple, please feel free to message me.

Also I'm very interested in joining a MS or Privateer to observe the entire process in motion, almost like an internship, or apprenticeship. Is that feasible?

I understand this game is a long investment, I just want to know what to expect. Thank you for reading this, and thank you if you choose to respond.

You are more than welcome to join any of the flights provided by my ships @ EntropiaTransport.com for free, and hang out with the crews as long as you want asking questions and learning. (hours, days, weeks, months, whatever you decide)

Space isnt fully developed yet, but there is still a lot of fun to be had, and hanging out on a Mothership or Privateer with their crews is a good way to learn about that stuff.

Feel free to add me to your friend list through the in game player registry and ask any questions you need as well.

good luck and have fun in the game :)

narfi

Well the first thing you need to do is develop a great hatred for all the pirates and after that you will be love bombed by the space community. All in all I still think pirates have the most fun in space. But you can look into any of these MS for employment I guess: EntropiaTransport.com ~ titans-of-space.com ~ efa.ms

I wouldn't say I have no love of pirates, for without them, there wouldn't be the need to hire security, heh. But I don't plan on joining up with any. Though I am curious how they tend to operate.

Last edited:
Hello,

I found out and joined Entropia only a few days ago. 3 days of mostly sweating. Heh, I remember wondering why 34 sweat wasn't giving me any PEC at the TT...But thats not important. I quickly learned that a lot of the game would require a bit of research on my part. I was directed to entropidia.info, and entropediadirectory. Great resources in their own right, but a multitude of information was several years old, and questionably relevant. The greatest lack of solid information was on the subject of space.

I love the idea of life in space. After seeing the interceptor, I knew I had to have one. I wanted to go into space, and THAT would be my life...but the fact is I still haven't even been up there.

So my question is, What can you tell/advise me about trying to set up a sustainable life in space?

I'm not looking to get rich, just break even. Enough income to supply myself with Oil and Ammo. I don't plan on depositing if I don't have to, though I will be dropping a small amount down to cover setting myself up with a basic outfit and interceptor...I miss pants.

Is it possible to live on a mothership? What is working on a mothership usually like? What opportunities are there for a wannabe fighter pilot?

I also understand the need to find a mentor in my early start of play, and if anyone reading this is skilled in space play and looking for a disciple, please feel free to message me.

Also I'm very interested in joining a MS or Privateer to observe the entire process in motion, almost like an internship, or apprenticeship. Is that feasible?

I understand this game is a long investment, I just want to know what to expect. Thank you for reading this, and thank you if you choose to respond.

I sent you a recruitment PM for my Groups Captain's duties in Narfi's entropiatransport.com fleet. Read that and let me know if your interested in joining my crew.

Hey guys, thought I'd give a bit of an update.

Had a lot of offers and help from a number of community members, as well as did a lot more reading up on the subject and I gotta say...

Right, well space is interesting. Rode on a Privateer for a few days while I waited for my Quad to come in. Met a lot of nice people and learnt a lot about the systems.

Got a quad and spent a day flying around, gathering the needed weapons and boosters. Took a trip to Cyrene for some sweet looking Pilot armor, can't believe its only 30 PED.

Spent a bit of time with a MS learning some useful docking and flight tactics, as well as my first time being shot down by a pirate (Thanks Mic! Enjoy the skulls!), I'm sure it won't be the last.

I do admit the financial disparity of space had thrown me for a loop. Only way to really make PED is being a Pirate, even getting a job on a ship has you paying to be part of the crew, I'm still trying to figure out how that works.

Now I'm working on trying to track down all the Privateers and MS's, getting a list together of posted scheduled times and captains. I read somewhere there are 60 Privateers, is that accurate? I've gathered they're Pathfinder/Starfinder I-XXX

At the moment I'm working with a great mentor to learn the rest of the game, hunting mostly. A lot that isn't said about gun stats. Still working on learning the strategic value of one gun Vs another, but I'm still new so that doesn't seem something to worry about just yet. Now its all about getting stats.

I hitched a Ride to Arkadia to see what all the fuss is about and am taking a bit of time to explore it. Having this Quad really helps. Good thing I bought a lot of fuel!

No idea how I'm gonna make back all the PED's I spent, but I guess thats the trick eh? MA Doesn't want me to, heh. Na, its a business, I get that. Just hope its worth my time.

Oh, if you're a Skilled Quad pilot with a bit of combat experience, you mind PMing me? I'd love to chat tactics.

..., even getting a job on a ship has you paying to be part of the crew, I'm still trying to figure out how that works.

This is exactly what is wrong with the current system in space,
mothership owners gain a 100% profit from their hard working crew which helps them to get to their
destination safely.
people are spending peds repairing the ship, shooting the pirates.. what do they get back? nothing.

I'm not the only one who has seen this,
you could ask the crew of Normandie owned by John Black Knight.
He is a perfect example of hireing crew, promising payment,
then after the job is done and the crewmember asks
for payment, he simply kicks you off the ship with a no-return ticket.

The reason why i became a pirate a long time ago, was because mothership owners refused to pay their
crew a small percentage according to their efforts and their costs to maintain the ship.
Sometimes i think they are the real pirates ;)

just my 2pecs
( formed out of experience of being in space since day 1 )

P.S
guess what the MS owners do with the money they aquire over time?
Buy more motherships to fuck over more people! wooooh! ...they are so smart :)

Also they hang up some kind of story that repairing gives you skills which are worth $$..
this is not true, because they tell this to every person skilling.
next thing you know thousands of players are skilling repair and trying to sell their skills.
result: repair skills = worth shit

Last edited:
even getting a job on a ship has you paying to be part of the crew, I'm still trying to figure out how that works.
By repairing the ships you get skills that worth more than the gear that you spend in process, so you're in constant profit :). Yes the skills have devalued a lot, but it's still worth it and by all means is the cheapest way to skill up engineering.

This is exactly what is wrong with the current system in space,
mothership owners gain a 100% profit from their hard working crew which helps them to get to their
destination safely.
people are spending peds repairing the ship, shooting the pirates.. what do they get back? nothing.

I'm not the only one who has seen this,
you could ask the crew of Normandie owned by John Black Knight.
He is a perfect example of hireing crew, promising payment,
then after the job is done and the crewmember asks
for payment, he simply kicks you off the ship with a no-return ticket.

The reason why i became a pirate a long time ago, was because mothership owners refused to pay their
crew a small percentage according to their efforts and their costs to maintain the ship.
Sometimes i think they are the real pirates ;)

just my 2pecs
( formed out of experience of being in space since day 1 )

P.S
guess what the MS owners do with the money they aquire over time?
Buy more motherships to fuck over more people! wooooh! ...they are so smart :)

Also they hang up some kind of story that repairing gives you skills which are worth $$..
this is not true, because they tell this to every person skilling.
next thing you know thousands of players are skilling repair and trying to sell their skills.
result: repair skills = worth shit

While I agree crew shouldn't have to pay for the service they provide.. repair skilling is not to become skilled in repairs. It's to become skilled in crafting the reallllllllllyyyyy cheap way. That's the major reason people repair skill.
I can now craft p5a pistols. I wouldn't be able to do that if it wasn't for repair skilling, because the ped it would have costed me to do it "naturally" by crafting weapons would have cost a fortune.

By repairing the ships you get skills that worth more than the gear that you spend in process, so you're in constant profit :). Yes the skills have devalued a lot, but it's still worth it and by all means is the cheapest way to skill up engineering.

just rofl, this is exactly what i ment.

Also if a MS owner commands you to get into gunner and start shooting the pirates,
know that your paying 1 ped per shot. ( or something similar )
you will not get anything back, so make sure you are paid on front before entering the seat.

I do admit the financial disparity of space had thrown me for a loop. Only way to really make PED is being a Pirate, even getting a job on a ship has you paying to be part of the crew, I'm still trying to figure out how that works.

I never think that you need to pay to be part of the crew. I think you can be a member of Entropiatransport.com for free as long as you have a great personality and trustworthy.

I never think that you need to pay to be part of the crew. I think you can be a member of Entropiatransport.com for free as long as you have a great personality and trustworthy.

Correct, I hire employees on my shift and no expenses are payed by my crew, I pay for gunner ammo, planet entry and thruster use to get to planet to help advertise etc. and I pay a salary on top of that.

I sent you an offer with all the details Lancaster and the offer is still good if you want to be part of a group effort in space, my small group within entropiatransport.com currently is 4 active crew and 2 active captains and I am always looking for more crew members.

Also if you need a reference of how I run my services feel free to contact Narfi directly and ask him about how I run my group within his fleet, he has access to all my operation details as well.

The offer is strongly considered, just learning a bit more befo-ee committing to anything. Still love to talk shop sometime!

-Written from phone.

Back