Next Island Preview Vid's

Austro_Lusitano

Guardian
Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Austro Aus Lusitano
i was looking thru youtube and found 3 new (added 06/01/09) videos of Next Island.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

must say, there looking pretty Cryengine'ish :D

hope you like what you see. i did :yay:

(did a search and found none of these videos posted, so sorry if they already have been)
(sorry about the links being "br." its the only conection i get here at work)

if you have any troble with the links i made (1º time i liked somthing on a post) just go to youtube and wright next island, then sort by date added.

gl everyone

EDIT: Vids originally found by Koister & posted Here

Aus

Last edited:
LOL ?! new videos ? anyway...its about time for their site update as they said !!

Last edited:
Huh, at the end of the Ice Age one theres pictures of a building that isnt on the video on their site (I think?)

Looks awesome!

what intrigued me was the phrase "uncover the time portal". Nothing we have ever seen, or did we? And do they mean a Time portal from Calypso to Next Island? Are they already here? Orbs :D?

LOL ?! new videos ? anyway...its about time for their site update as they said !!

well i was convinced they were new since the date on youtube was 06/01/09, but looks like im wrong :(

what intrigued me was the phrase "uncover the time portal". Nothing we have ever seen, or did we? And do they mean a Time portal from Calypso to Next Island? Are they already here? Orbs ?

cant remember were but i read something about next island and time travel. ill try to find it and post it on this thread, but i doubt the orbs have anything to do with this... or do they?

well, still looks promissing imo.

Aus

well i was convinced they were new since the date on youtube was 06/01/09, but looks like im wrong :(

nope, these seems to be new. and I hope these 3 vids are new. I just wrote my sentence in a bad way. forgive me, I am still learning english without success

cant remember were but i read something about next island and time travel. ill try to find it and post it on this thread, but i doubt the orbs have anything to do with this... or do they?
http://nextisland.com/history.php here and somewhere on EF probably

"Time Travel", eh? Sounds like the Postmoderna "raison d'etre"! Hmmm...

I've not see these videos before so they are new to me. Thanks for sharing.

SWEEEEEET!!!!!:D:D:D ty for that mate ;)

if you register on the next island and u already have an EU account it says you will get a starting kit (weapon clothes laucher etc)

if you register on the next island and u already have an EU account it says you will get a starting kit (weapon clothes laucher etc)

No, the other way around... it says if you are _new_ to EU. (that is, don't have an account already) then you will get a start kit.

You can earn 50 ped per new active player tho.

You can earn 50 ped per new active player tho.
but that active player HAVE TO deposit 10 USD (100 PED) :)

and Starter Kit is only for new Entropia Universe players, as alh said, if you are EU player atm, you will not get it.

Ok, the narrator seems to come from the caribeans :) and the vegetation + sea around matches! I'll have to buy a pair of glasses and shorts before taking the shuttle :yay:

but that active player HAVE TO deposit 10 USD (100 PED) :)

and Starter Kit is only for new Entropia Universe players, as alh said, if you are EU player atm, you will not get it.

If all money is exchangeable i see many new fake accounts coming. Easy to earn 50 ped plus starterkit and then trade to your other avatar.

Ok, the narrator seems to come from the caribeans :) and the vegetation + sea around matches! I'll have to buy a pair of glasses and shorts before taking the shuttle :yay:

I think that's actually Frank's voice, although as I wrote before, Frank's accent has always sounded Jamaican/Caribbean/West Indian to my native English ears:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/1297274-post20.html

Wikipedia on Jamaican English Pronunciation said:
The most noticeable aspect of Jamaican English for speakers of other varieties of English is the pronunciation or "accent". In many ways, the accent bears great resemblance to that of southern Ireland, particularly Cork, possibly a remnant of Jamaica's former colonial ties. Jamaican Standard pronunciation, while it differs greatly from Jamaican Patois pronunciation, is nevertheless recognizably Caribbean. Giveaway features include the characteristic pronunciation of the diphthong in words like "cow", which is more closed and rounded than in Standard British or American English; the pronunciation of the open-mid back unrounded vowel (IPA: [ʌ], like in "but")(again, more closed than the SB or AE version, though not as closed as in the Creole); semi-rhoticity, i.e. the dropping of the "-r" in words like "water" (at the end of unstressed syllables) and "market" (before a consonant); but not in words like "car" or "dare" (stressed syllables at the end of the word). Merger of the diphthongs in "fair" and "fear" takes place both in Jamaican Standard and Jamaican Patois, resulting in those two words (and many others, like "bear" and "beer") becoming homophones. (Standard speakers typically pronounce both closer to "air", while Creole speakers render them as "ear"). The short "a" sound (man, hat) is very open, similar to its Irish or Scottish versions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaican_English#Pronunciation

And as Frank responded himself:

Wow, that's amazing, I actually come from Cork, Ireland:)

Weird, huh?

:cool:

Really nice videos thanks mate for sharing :)

That's it. Now I have officially OD of moving eyelevel cameras. :scared:

what intrigued me was the phrase "uncover the time portal". Nothing we have ever seen, or did we? And do they mean a Time portal from Calypso to Next Island? Are they already here? Orbs :D?

Taken from the join up screen.

If you are a new player to Entropia Universe you will receive a FREE STARTER KIT just for Registering: STARTER KIT of virtual gifts and virtual merchandise.

- Next Island hunting weapon

- EGGOO launcher

- Time Travel Crystal - one time use to visit the Ice Age or to the Amazon Women Nation

- Golf Club to use on our Next Island course

- Beach Kit- outfit and towel

These gifts will be provided to you once the virtual world goes live.

Golf club lol can we beat the mobs to death now with a 4 iron :laugh: or better still the beach kit outfit and towel, maybe we can towel whip the mobs in our speedo that would be fun :yay:

If you are a new player to Entropia Universe you will receive a FREE STARTER KIT just for Registering: STARTER KIT of virtual gifts and virtual merchandise.

- Next Island hunting weapon
- EGGOO launcher
- Time Travel Crystal - one time use to visit the Ice Age or to the Amazon Women Nation
- Golf Club to use on our Next Island course
- Beach Kit- outfit and towel

These gifts will be provided to you once the virtual world goes live.

Golf club lol can we beat the mobs to death now with a 4 iron :laugh: or better still the beach kit outfit and towel, maybe we can towel whip the mobs in our speedo that would be fun :yay:

Nice looking new site there certainly but again a stange mix of the very professional and downright naff.

Eg the text overlapping on info and the vids being low res and blocky.... a lack of info about the areas, no explanation of fields in sign up details, no indication of anti-exploit measures on refferal system, so on and so forth.

Still screams "rush job" to me, at least on content if not the actual graphics.

I did like the initial pics though... they were cool! It worries me that the vids show so little though. A planet isn't an "area" its vast tracts of land...

Incidentally LOVE the joke of the EGG Launcher! hahaha or is it meant to be a play on EGO Launcher? Certainly Mr Beeblebrox (aka Neverdie) doesn't need one of those ;)

Wistrel

PS "Beach kit" no prizes for guessing what that ones all about. Still we may be lucky, it may come with an inflatable beach ball! ;)

Thx for the post nice videos.

If all money is exchangeable i see many new fake accounts coming. Easy to earn 50 ped plus starterkit and then trade to your other avatar.

They don't say deposit, they say spend :)

Hiya Dano. I thought I would share that time travel in Postmoderna doesn't really happen. It is a lot more complexed and immersive than that. :)

"Time Travel", eh? Sounds like the Postmoderna "raison d'etre"! Hmmm...

Hiya Dano. I thought I would share that time travel in Postmoderna doesn't really happen. It is a lot more complexed and immersive than that. :)

Well, then, I'm looking forward to it!!! :)

Back