Question: No globals in coloring?

xentric

Prowler
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Nysser xentric Hithsage
I am a crafting noob and never colored before. After reading I took my cognac coat and did 3-4 test runs with yellow and blue just to figure out the interface(and gained 2 color matching levels).

Then I went for what I wanted and with 200 each purple and blue I got it:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I was pleased to get a result but the strange thing is it went from ~57 ped tt to 118.93 with no global :scratch2:

Is this normal?

the TT cost of the paint you used goes into the TT value of the garment.

If there is any left over you get it back in a loot window.Thats how it used to work pre VU 10 anyway.

When you colour an item you will normally get peds back if the item is fully repaired.. if the item is decayed at all teh peds will automatically repair that amount of the item, so your peds that would of been returned to you went on repairing yoru item i would say.

edit: jod types faster than me :)

Thanks for the quick education :)

yeah they are right.
its 90% of the paints tt value to be exact.

if you use 1k orange you either get 9ped or your item will be repaired for 9ped if it wasnt full tt prior to coloring.

there is no loot, just 10% constant loss (+all markup is lost ofc)
once in a while you might get a little enhancer in your loot window but thats it.

from your coloring example you invested about 68ped and got about 62 ped "back".. why should you global in that? its same in crafting with used residue, it doesnt count to a global value..

yeah they are right.
its 90% of the paints tt value to be exact.

if you use 1k orange you either get 9ped or your item will be repaired for 9ped if it wasnt full tt prior to coloring.

there is no loot, just 10% constant loss (+all markup is lost ofc)
once in a while you might get a little enhancer in your loot window but thats it.

from your coloring example you invested about 68ped and got about 62 ped "back".. why should you global in that? its same in crafting with used residue, it doesnt count to a global value..

Thanks for explaining :) I guess my few test runs must have added to the tt also.

I really shouldn't try these things after a few Beers ;)

Ahh thanks for that clarification LeeLoo, I have often wondered about how that PED back thing worked when colouring...

Do you also get back 90% of paint TT value even if you are not skilled enough to use that colour?:scratch2:

Ahh thanks for that clarification LeeLoo, I have often wondered about how that PED back thing worked when colouring...

Do you also get back 90% of paint TT value even if you are not skilled enough to use that colour?:scratch2:

Bump as I would like to know the answer to this too

yes! :cool:

Thanks for explaining :) I guess my few test runs must have added to the tt also.

I really shouldn't try these things after a few Beers ;)

At least you remembered what you did ;)

Back